Mighty Member

Default DC Universe what's going on?

So, what are the plans for this service if any? I thought about subbing but halted the breaks a bit. Not sure what the point was of having this service if all the shows DOOM PATROL, STARGIRL, etc. are being snatched up by other networks. And with HBO Max setting up their own universe which defeats the purpose of DC Universe. Why not have the shows on both platforms? Seems like the Titans series is staying on as well as Young Justice. Well, hopefully they can still keep it for the comics which is a plus and the animated shows/movies.

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

My best guess is it'll become like Marvel Unlimited and become strictly a digital comics platform.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    My best guess is it'll become like Marvel Unlimited and become strictly a digital comics platform.

If this happens, I wonder if the price will be lowered some?

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    If this happens, I wonder if the price will be lowered some?
    Don’t see why it would.
    It’s $2 less a month than Marvel Unlimited. And that’s with shows and movies, too.
    Take the movies and shows out and it’s still cheaper than Marvel Unlimited.
    And with better scans.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

If it does go full comics, I really hope DC redoubles their efforts in scanning, cleaning and digitizing old books they've yet to do. A lot of their library is unaccounted for. Obviously they'd be able to sell each copy on Comixology as well, so I don't see why there's so little interest unless the revenue generated by digital really is scraping the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    If it does go full comics, I really hope DC redoubles their efforts in scanning, cleaning and digitizing old books they've yet to do. A lot of their library is unaccounted for. Obviously they'd be able to sell each copy on Comixology as well, so I don't see why there's so little interest unless the revenue generated by digital really is scraping the bottom.
    I agree.
    They really should double the efforts on scanning the backlog.
    I do commend them on sticking to a book long enough to get a complete run digitized, however.
    And for doing comics that aren't just Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman or the League.

I think they may be keeping it under a dozen per week to keep from pulling attention away from the new books on Comixology.
    I wouldn't be surprised given Didio's comment a while back about people being more interested in buying the older stuff than the current comics.
    I wonder if the new management will see more value in the back issues, and if that may increase digital output.
    We'll probably find out by the start of next year.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Mighty Member

I wonder what's going to happen with Young Justice Season 4....

Probably HBO Max.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

We gonna hear things next week

jimlee.jpg

I’m a DC Universe subscriber. I copied the following text from the “fine print” at the bottom of an email I received recently. The Rewards Program is ending this week, and reward tokens expire next week.

“The DC Universe Rewards Program is only open to legal residents of the fifty (50) U.S./D.C., 18+. Rewards members are limited to earning a maximum of 35 tokens per day and 4,500 tokens in the aggregate during the Program. Program ends: 9/18/20 (unless extended by Sponsor). All tokens earned while participating in the Program will automatically expire on 9/25/20 if not redeemed before such date. For complete details and full terms applicable to the Program, visit DCU Rewards Program Terms & Conditions.”
    Last edited by kevink31593; 09-14-2020 at 09:32 PM.
    Post CBR reboot join date: May 2014, Pre CBR reboot join date: April 2005
    Official DC message boards join date (as Batman Fan 31593): April 2000

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    We gonna hear things next week

jimlee.jpg

I thought it was supposed to be sometime this week? Didn't he post it on Saturday, saying "next week"...which would translate to this current week?

Hopefully they'll announce it on Friday then. If they do it tomorrow the news will be buried due to the Marvel solicits.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman