Default Only in Comics....

So in the tv/movie forum Caj had a great thread only in a Hallmark movie. It has been fun to read. So Inspired by that I am starting the only in comic book thread. Thanks to Caj for inspiring me. So put down all the things that could only happen in comic books. I will start with a couple.

Only in comics can 100 people in one week live through an accident where the odd of survival are one in a million, and gain powers from said accident.

Only in comics can a scientist be a trained judo expert. Reed Richards and Hank Pym come to mind here. Sue and Jan both say they were trained by ones of the world's best judo experts referring to Reed and Hank.

So what are yours?
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Only in comics can a guy have a thunderbolt genie, but only use it to fight crime, and not get rich or impress women.
    Watching television is not an activity.

Boisterously Confused

Only in comics...

...does a cape impose no impediment to gymnastics or martial arts.

...is something like the Cosmic Rod used to bonk hoodlums instead of remake civilization.

...does a space cop dress like a bird and use a mace.

...do whole thriving advanced civilizations exist in corners of the jungle/remote islands/mountain ranges/under the sea.

...do people live in a city where biblical menaces routinely have at one another.
    Last edited by DrNewGod; 09-13-2020 at 06:59 PM.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

As many people as there are that are villains with powers with all the heroes with them I cant buy into so many people who got powers just decided to do good with them. I maybe thought it was possible before , but now, meh. Not that I always need realism. I like the idealistic fantasy.