Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default 2014/15 Football (aka soccer)

On the eve of the new Premier League season we have a new thread!

A place to talk about all things football related - all leagues, all countries, all the diving and bad calls.

soccer-cat--4469.jpg
    What have I always believed?
    That, on the whole, and by and large, if a man lived properly, not according to what any priests said, but according to what seemed decent and honest inside, then it would, in the end, more or less, turn out all right.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Can't wait until tomorrow when we play Southampton, can't wait until my first trip to Anfield since May. Come on you Reds!

In the meantime

Come on Swansea, Leicester and Crystal Palace. Since they're playing Man Utd, Everton and Arsenal respectively today.

Extraordinary Member

Gonna be a good opening day. I reckon Arsenal will go top/

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Can't wait until tomorrow when we play Southampton, can't wait until my first trip to Anfield since May. Come on you Reds!
    I wish I could be there too. Enjoy the experience for me

Extraordinary Member

I love watching Swansea!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I love watching Swansea!
    I love watching United Lose. Swansea is kinda irrelevant to me. Midfield and Defense still needs work for Man United.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    I love watching United Lose. Swansea is kinda irrelevant to me. Midfield and Defense still needs work for Man United.
    Yup. Still need to strengthen.

Default Ronaldo's a c**t

Seriously, WTF is with this prick?
    One of the best players of is generation, admired and respected by pretty much the entire Iceland team, yet he won't shake hands with any of them and then stomps into the media area to say, "They're small-minded and won't go anywhere."

Yeah, kiss goodye to all future Sporting Personality awards...

Okay, so a nation of between 300,000-400,000 gets overwhelmed by one of Europes "big boys", and that means they're negative and "parking the bus"?
    Personally, I thought that they played a really good game and were worthy of the draw.

Sorry for the rant but I had to get it off my chest.

Feel free to bitch about any other sports star whose attitude p*sses you off...

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

From my mid teens up until a couple of years ago I was either a member or full on Season Ticket Holder at Old Trafford. I got to see Ronaldo fulfill his potential whilst at the club.

I'd be lying if I said that he wasn't popular with the fans. We were watching him develop into the world's best player after all (arguably). He really wound up opposition fans too. He was worth his weight in gold just for that.

Thing is, there was always this notion that however revered he was at OT, we'd never have the same regard for him that he plainly had for himself.

Other stars? I only follow football so I'd have to say Mario Balotelli. What an utter clown.

BANNED

tomorrow

England vs Wales

Germany vs Poland

fun times

Does anyone understand how this ridiculous new system of making 24 teams into 16 play-off finalists is going to work?

According to EUFA's site, the 4 best 3rd place teams of the 6 groups will go into the knock-out stages... but what determines those best 4 sides?

This really stinks of a cash-grab. I just don't understand why EUFA didn't have 32 teams and 8 groups; at least then they'd get a more traditional, top-2-teams-advance format... and more money with nations not usually good enough to qualify bringing their interest (which is why tournaments expand in the first place).

I hate football at times... And I really hated it from the 91st minute onward today.
    That said, England were certainly the better team but I thought we'd hold on as they weren't really looking like scoring a 2nd... And then they effing did lol
    If Woy or anyone else thinks he's a tactical genius for his second half substitutions, they're delusional... Sterling and Kane were abysmal and shouldn't have even started.
    Hopefully Wales will get something off Russia, even a draw will give us 2nd spot in the group as long as England beat Slovakia.