Page 136 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3686126132133134135136137138139 LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,040 of 2072

Great start to the Euro's for Wales, our first game in a competition since 1958 and the team did us proud... And the 30,000 Welsh fans out there are also doing our country proud.

A 92nd minute equaliser for Russia was a right kick in the balls for England, they had plenty of possession and made some good chances, but if you don't take them then you are always giving the opposition the chance to get something... Sterling is already starting to look past his best even at 21!

Also, England fans have been in the news regarding trouble... While there have been incidents where they were to blame, FIFA and UEFA surely have to take action against Russia for the behaviour of their fans... Also the French police look fucking clueless and I'm not sure if a major security issue cropped up, that they'd know what to do.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NeathBlue View Post
    Great start to the Euro's for Wales, our first game in a competition since 1958 and the team did us proud... And the 30,000 Welsh fans out there are also doing our country proud.

A 92nd minute equaliser for Russia was a right kick in the balls for England, they had plenty of possession and made some good chances, but if you don't take them then you are always giving the opposition the chance to get something... Sterling is already starting to look past his best even at 21!

Also, England fans have been in the news regarding trouble... While there have been incidents where they were to blame, FIFA and UEFA surely have to take action against Russia for the behaviour of their fans... Also the French police look fucking clueless and I'm not sure if a major security issue cropped up, that they'd know what to do.
    Yeah, good start for you guys. Could leave us in a dangerous position if you keep it up on Thursday. Shame about all the trouble over there. You'd think with all real threats out there, and the security measures and priorities they have to be given, that the footy fans would be able to behave.

Just you wait. Sterling's had a mediocre season but Pep will take him to the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Yeah, good start for you guys. Could leave us in a dangerous position if you keep it up on Thursday. Shame about all the trouble over there. You'd think with all real threats out there, and the security measures and priorities they have to be given, that the footy fans would be able to behave.

Just you wait. Sterling's had a mediocre season but Pep will take him to the next level.
    I'd bite your hand off if you offered me a draw on Thursday, you should really beat us but England being England, the opposition has always got a chance.
    Sterling has had two poor seasons in a row and his attitude since his one good season has been awful... Don't be surprised if Pep sells him in a years time.

Ol' Doogie, Circa 2005 GindyPosts's Avatar

Well, my Indy Eleven won the NASL Spring title, so that means we not only have a championship, but a playoff spot in the Soccer Bowl.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Wales have had the best start as far as the British teams are concerned. The French match and the German match were probably the ones I've enjoyed the most so far to be honest. Though in fairness I haven't watched yesterday's games yet (or today's) so who knows?

Anyhow, in other news apparently my team Liverpool are close to signing that Polish lad. Zelinsky I think his name is, for about 9.5 million. Hopefully, if we do get him, he'll be a good signing.

Default Ronaldo's a c**t

Seriously, WTF is with this prick?
    One of the best players of is generation, admired and respected by pretty much the entire Iceland team, yet he won't shake hands with any of them and then stomps into the media area to say, "They're small-minded and won't go anywhere."

Yeah, kiss goodye to all future Sporting Personality awards...

Okay, so a nation of between 300,000-400,000 gets overwhelmed by one of Europes "big boys", and that means they're negative and "parking the bus"?
    Personally, I thought that they played a really good game and were worthy of the draw.

Sorry for the rant but I had to get it off my chest.

Feel free to bitch about any other sports star whose attitude p*sses you off...

Astonishing Member WillieMorgan's Avatar

From my mid teens up until a couple of years ago I was either a member or full on Season Ticket Holder at Old Trafford. I got to see Ronaldo fulfill his potential whilst at the club.

I'd be lying if I said that he wasn't popular with the fans. We were watching him develop into the world's best player after all (arguably). He really wound up opposition fans too. He was worth his weight in gold just for that.

Thing is, there was always this notion that however revered he was at OT, we'd never have the same regard for him that he plainly had for himself.

Other stars? I only follow football so I'd have to say Mario Balotelli. What an utter clown.

BANNED

tomorrow

England vs Wales

Germany vs Poland

fun times

Does anyone understand how this ridiculous new system of making 24 teams into 16 play-off finalists is going to work?

According to EUFA's site, the 4 best 3rd place teams of the 6 groups will go into the knock-out stages... but what determines those best 4 sides?

This really stinks of a cash-grab. I just don't understand why EUFA didn't have 32 teams and 8 groups; at least then they'd get a more traditional, top-2-teams-advance format... and more money with nations not usually good enough to qualify bringing their interest (which is why tournaments expand in the first place).

I hate football at times... And I really hated it from the 91st minute onward today.
    That said, England were certainly the better team but I thought we'd hold on as they weren't really looking like scoring a 2nd... And then they effing did lol
    If Woy or anyone else thinks he's a tactical genius for his second half substitutions, they're delusional... Sterling and Kane were abysmal and shouldn't have even started.
    Hopefully Wales will get something off Russia, even a draw will give us 2nd spot in the group as long as England beat Slovakia.

Yeah, but maybe even a 3rd place will see Wales advance?

Like I wrote above though, I'm not sure how UEFA will determine the 4 best 3rd place teams (points? Goals scored? Performances against higher FIFA-rated sides?).

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Thumbs up

All the late goals give the impression that this tournament is far more exciting that it really is. Not many goals at all so far.Has anyone scored more than 2 goals in a match yet? So many teams defending with 10 men behind the ball and hoping to counter attack occasionally. The expansion to have 24 teams has not really worked.Lets hope the knockout stages with finally provide some exciting matches.

Hear, hear.

Spain walked over Turkey 3-0 last night and there was a 2-2 between Czech Rep-Croatia, but Iceland's performance against Portugal has been one of the stand-out games... which says a lot.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Payback for Ronaldo! That's what happens when you try to act like a big shot. Terrible penalty and he must be the most overrated free-kick taker ever.

Well that's the second round of group games over and the stats prove my claim on what a disappointment the tournament has been so far. 24 games played and only 47 goals scored. That's less than 2 goals a game. What's happened to all the big name forwards?

They've been out-played by all the no-name defenders?

Normally, I'd say that the spirit of the game better determines if it's a "good" match and not the amount of goals scored in it, but having seen most games, it [the tournament] hasn't been too exciting.

And at least Ronaldo posed for a photo with a fan after the game, as opposed to slinking off with the hump again and insulting the opposition. Then again, is posing with pitch invaders only encouraging more pitch invaders?

EDIT: To be honest though, I'm blaming this ridiculous new 24-team format: before, sides were eager to win and progress into the last 8, whereas now, the're all making sure they don't lose so that they have a chance to go into the last 16 by finishing 3rd.
    Last edited by VivaChiba; 06-18-2016 at 11:55 PM.