Page 85 of 139 FirstFirst ... 357581828384858687888995135 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,275 of 2072
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkie View Post
    Lampard has the best stats, people say Gerrard won
    games on his own, which is absurd, but by the same token, he's certainly lost games by himself, which is sadly true.
    Lol I suppose it depends on how much u dock a player who has better teammates then the other guy for most of his career.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Well since I haven't been around for a while I'll just summarise some of the stuff I'd have said if I were around LOL.

1. Farewell Stevie G good luck in America
    2. Liverpool finished the season pretty shite, they better improve soon or I'll do my Hulk impression and smash them! LOL
    3. Congratulations on Chelsea winning the Premiership.
    4. Congratulations to all the teams that got promoted this season - particularly to those who did it by winning their Division and also to MK Dons who've never been in the Championship before and to Bournemouth who've never been in the Premier League before.
    5. Commiserations to all the teams who got relegated - particularly Tranmere Rovers since they're the most local team to get relegated.
    6. Interesting to hear that Benitez is favourite to take the Real Madrid job, interested to see how he does.
    7. Raheem Sterling is being a bit of a diffy IMO especially since he's yet to win anything and he's getting regular football which he wouldn't do if he went to Man City.
    8. Erm...I think that covers everything doesn't it?

Anyways, I'm back LOL!

OH! And good luck to Frank Lampard in America as well.

Amazing Member

It is amazing how qualifying for the Europa League seems to be seen as a negative thing in England, yet qualifying for the Champions League is seen as vital.

I know the income isn't nearly as high but if you win it or get pretty far, the money can come in.

It isn't as if playing in the Europa League requires many more games than the Champions League either but the Thursday games might be the issue as they force league matches back to Sundays.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    6. Interesting to hear that Benitez is favourite to take the Real Madrid job, interested to see how he does.
    7. Raheem Sterling is being a bit of a diffy IMO especially since he's yet to win anything and he's getting regular football which he wouldn't do if he went to Man City.
    IMO Benitez is better at clubs like valencia,liverpool and napoli.
    there's no pressure for silveware and he usually exceeds the clubs expectation of him.
    I'd love real to take Klopp but their philosophies are a direct opposite of each other :/
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Quote Originally Posted by weetomuncher View Post
    It is amazing how qualifying for the Europa League seems to be seen as a negative thing in England, yet qualifying for the Champions League is seen as vital.

I know the income isn't nearly as high but if you win it or get pretty far, the money can come in.

It isn't as if playing in the Europa League requires many more games than the Champions League either but the Thursday games might be the issue as they force league matches back to Sundays.
    I'm always surprised by it too, you get money for playing in it, and a Champions League spot if you win it now too.
    'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth.'

Extraordinary Member

I would love if my team could win the Europa League....

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    IMO Benitez is better at clubs like valencia,liverpool and napoli.
    there's no pressure for silveware and he usually exceeds the clubs expectation of him.
    I'd love real to take Klopp but their philosophies are a direct opposite of each other :/
    No pressure for silverware at Liverpool? Seriously? LOL

BANNED

No pressure for silverware at Liverpool? Seriously? LOL
    Not anymore for u guys. Certainly not like Madrid. One year without trophy fired. U can be canned even if u bring in Silverware. If u dont do better then Barca ur f******

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Not anymore for u guys. Certainly not like Madrid. One year without trophy fired. U can be canned even if u bring in Silverware. If u dont do better then Barca ur f******
    Still more pressure to bring silverware at Anfield then at Napoli or Valencia though. Alright we're not going to win the League anytime soon but there's still pressure on a Manager to win at least a Cup at Anfield.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    REAL MAD-rid i tell you..the club only won the league once in the last 7 years..and they spent more money than anyone

Still more pressure to bring silverware at Anfield then at Napoli or Valencia though. Alright we're not going to win the League anytime soon but there's still pressure on a Manager to win at least a Cup at Anfield.
    All due respect, i feel a current Liverpool Manager's expectations is a champions league spot first, domestic trophies are second.
    If this was the all conquering side of the 80s, yes a league win is expected every season.
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

The disparity between financial rewards between the CL and Europa League is pretty huge. You get around the same amount just for qualifying for the group stage of the CL as you do for winning the Europa League. Add in potentially more games, potentially an earlier start and a lack of glamour ties and I think it's pretty clear why one is so hotly contested and the other is seen as a burden.

All due respect, i feel a current Liverpool Manager's expectations is a champions league spot first, domestic trophies are second.
    If this was the all conquering side of the 80s, yes a league win is expected every season.
    In fairness, I think that's the case for the current top four too. A CL place will always be more of a priority than a domestic trophy. Would an FA/League Cup win save Mourinho or Pellers if they failed to finish in the top four? I don't think so.

Extraordinary Member

The Europa League final was great, amazing! I especially like Bacca's reaction to the final whistle, tears of joy.

I'm not understanding why we (Spurs) are willing to pay £12 million for Ings?

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    The Europa League final was great, amazing! I especially like Bacca's reaction to the final whistle, tears of joy.

I'm not understanding why we (Spurs) are willing to pay £12 million for Ings?
    There will be a long queue of suitors by the time his contracts up, I guess you're just trying to get in there first?

I've said that we're not going to win a league anytime soon, at the moment I feel like we're at least 5 years away from that let alone the way we were in the 1980s. But the fact of the matter is that fans DO expect a cup from a manager at Liverpool and also with due respect to Napoli and Valencia there's a hell of a lot more expectation at Liverpool than there is at both of those clubs. Though I do agree that until this season - when it became apparent that we weren't going to finish in top four - that Rodgers hasn't put any empathsis (is that how you spell it LOL?), at least that's how it's felt to me personally, on winning a cup and was more focused on Champions League.