Page 138 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139 LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 2072
    BANNED

Ze Germans foil Italy again

Gee, France is in good shape.

BANNED

who knew we were in for a Viking funeral today?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Yeah that was as fantastic as it was unexpected. Wales are seemingly on a unstoppable momentum whereas their semi final opponents,Portugal seem to be just stumbling through the tournament and have yet to win a game in 90 minutes. It all points to a Wales win next week but there could be a few twist and surprises yet.
    Yeah,thats quite unfair in regards of Portugal performance in the European Cup.
    A team that reaches the semi finals can not be defined as a team that have stumbled through the tournament.
    Portugal playing in a more defensive way is just the way the manager have defined the team to play to achieve the victories,ask Italy if playing in a more defensive way is a bad thing.
    I dont see the surprise in Portugal getting to the semi finals considerating the players the team have.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

It's fine.Everyone will have their own opinion.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    Yeah,thats quite unfair in regards of Portugal performance in the European Cup.
    A team that reaches the semi finals can not be defined as a team that have stumbled through the tournament.
    Portugal playing in a more defensive way is just the way the manager have defined the team to play to achieve the victories,ask Italy if playing in a more defensive way is a bad thing.
    I dont see the surprise in Portugal getting to the semi finals considerating the players the team have.
    Its more a fact of a lot of draws in regular time. And the fact they have really beat anyone good.

Interestingly the pre-tournament markets based on current form,bookie odds, group draws and other factors had the semifinals as being Spain vs England and France vs Germany so they were spot on for one semifinal but totally off base for the other one.

Despite my misgivings about Portugals form so far, both semifinals are still very hard to call. You would have thought that the eventual winner will be from the France/Germany match but someone pointed out to me the other day that the biggest shock winners in the euros have been Denmark in 1992 and Greece, 12 years later in 2004. Does that mean that now 12 years later in 2016 there will be another surprise winner?

Could this really be Wales year??

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Hey guys, long time no football talk. I'm getting excited though as the new Premier League season is only a week away. Will we continue I this thread or do we want to start a new one.

Manchester has really thrown some money around today. United have signed Pogba for around 90mil (a world record I believe, for a guy they let go for penuts) and City have confirmed Stone for around 50mil.

BANNED

Money doesn't buy class

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Money doesn't buy class
    What do you mean by that?

BANNED

If Stone is worth 50 then Pogba is a steal at 90. Stone has regressed.

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    If Stone is worth 50 then Pogba is a steal at 90. Stone has regressed.
    Ha, I don't know how anything that costs 90mil is a steal! Big signing though, I'm quite excited to see him in the Premier League even if he is wearing red.

Stones, he had a difficult season for sure. I think you'd expect that at his age though. Factor in things like the transfer request, being poorly coached in an underachieving team, fans getting on his case and it's easy to see why he struggled. I think though, he'll develop into a class CB under Pep.

Quote Originally Posted by TheInvisibleMan View Post
    Money doesn't buy class
    If Man U wanted class they wouldn't have hired Mourinho, a man who's as classless and arrogant as they come. No, Utd want to prove that while money can't buy class, it has been proven far more times than not, that it can buy you success.

Btw, I find it a bit funny that Pogba for a guy who's just become the most expensive player ever, wasn't even the best player in the French team in the recent euros, let alone the best player in Europe.

Anybody watch any football at the weekend? So glad to have it back.

Happy my boys took the 3 points, it might not have been a classic performance against Sunderland but there were plenty of positives. Sterling has had two great games on the bounce now (the second being against Steaua) and I hope that continues.

Watched the Arsenal vs Liverpool match too, what a game. A great advert for the Premier League. Coutinho's goal was damn sexy! Already seems to be big pressure on Arsene.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    If Man U wanted class they wouldn't have hired Mourinho, a man who's as classless and arrogant as they come. No, Utd want to prove that while money can't buy class, it has been proven far more times than not, that it can buy you success.

Btw, I find it a bit funny that Pogba for a guy who's just become the most expensive player ever, wasn't even the best player in the French team in the recent euros, let alone the best player in Europe.
    great point

just when, as a Liverpool fan, I didn't think I could dislike Jose Mourinho MORE...he becomes head man at Old Trafford

his face....is punchable