Page 15 of 139 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    I'm not too concerned with Daniel Sturridge missing a match against Aston Villa... I hope the delay in his return is good for the long term.
    It'll give Balotelli a chance to prove his worth at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Did I read Sturridge was out for 5-6 games? Not sure but Rodgers isn't happy either way.

Well, with players like Oxlade-Chamberlain, Walcott, Sanchez etc Welbeck will probably not get pushed out onto the wing. Plus the fact Arsenal don't have much depth up front and Giroud is injured I think he'll get plenty of chances. Much like Sturridge at Liverpool, this is a big opportunity and he needs to grab it.
    Yeah Rodgers isn't happy because they usually give him a 2 day recovery after a match whereas England didn't. Like Rodgers said different players need to be handled differently. As for Welbeck I'd be surprised if he didn't grab his chance, though I'm guessing your hoping he'll start doing it AFTER Saturday's game.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    It'll give Balotelli a chance to prove his worth at least.
    I hope he is able to produce in Sturridge's absence, but more hoping that Liverpool can manage enough goals as a whole during that time.

not a bad performance from England really, toughest group opponents away from home, 3 points. Hodgson still looks the best bet as manager, just get Huddlestone or Cattermole playing where Wilshere was playing, and was a bit exposed.
    'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth.'

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Yeah Rodgers isn't happy because they usually give him a 2 day recovery after a match whereas England didn't. Like Rodgers said different players need to be handled differently. As for Welbeck I'd be surprised if he didn't grab his chance, though I'm guessing your hoping he'll start doing it AFTER Saturday's game.
    Haha, yes! I want to be able to refer to him as Welshit one more time. He can start his goal scoring exploits next week!

Probably a fair point in the end? I dunno, I thought we could have knicked it but I'm sure any gooners would say the same.

The scoreline may show a draw but it sure feels like an Arsenal loss.
    What have I always believed?
    That, on the whole, and by and large, if a man lived properly, not according to what any priests said, but according to what seemed decent and honest inside, then it would, in the end, more or less, turn out all right.

Meanwhile, we're 5 points clear of City and scoring goals for fun. Strikers who actually score, Costa 7 in 4, Remy joining in. Nice.
    'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth.'

BANNED

Yeah but we are Liverpool this season. Defensive Lapses and an Unbalanced Midfield. Think we need to use a 433 but its kinda hard to tell because Oscar, Willian, Schurrle and Ramires are hardly a consistent bunch.

KTBFFH
    Blue is the colour, etc.

Have some faith, we have the Special One.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkie View Post
    Meanwhile, we're 5 points clear of City and scoring goals for fun. Strikers who actually score, Costa 7 in 4, Remy joining in. Nice.
    If Costa could pick up a knock before the weekend that would be cool. Nothing too serious like but he is in scary form! Nah, I wouldn't want to tempt fate, but I'd have faith in Vinny and Demi keeping him shackled but it whether the midfield can cope with Fabregas. Nando (or Ferna) or going to have their hands full.

4-1 win over Scunthorpe yesterday and up to 4th in the table! We've had a great start to the season. Eoin Doyle is the top scorer in the country and we're playing some fantastic football. Long may it continue, although it'll probably go breasts upwards on Tuesday when we play Preston at Deepdale. Gonna be a tough one.

Some stuff happened in the Premiership too but no-one really cares about that. Tinpot league...
    Bring forth the pies!

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    I hope he is able to produce in Sturridge's absence, but more hoping that Liverpool can manage enough goals as a whole during that time.
    We've got players who can score goals so it shouldn't be too much of a problem (fingers crossed).

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Probably a fair point in the end? I dunno, I thought we could have knicked it but I'm sure any gooners would say the same.
    Yeah I saw the game, I think a draw was probably about right, it was certainly what I was hoping for speaking as a Liverpool fan but sadly we couldn't take advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Spireite View Post
    4-1 win over Scunthorpe yesterday and up to 4th in the table! We've had a great start to the season. Eoin Doyle is the top scorer in the country and we're playing some fantastic football. Long may it continue, although it'll probably go breasts upwards on Tuesday when we play Preston at Deepdale. Gonna be a tough one.

Some stuff happened in the Premiership too but no-one really cares about that. Tinpot league...
    Congratulations on your teams promising start to the season Spireite. Eoin Doyle is certainly on fire for you at the moment. And Lol about your comment about the Premier League.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkie View Post
    Have some faith, we have the Special One.
    Oh Know I feel quite good about our chances for Winning the League. Think we need a better CB then Terry though and we could stand to pick up a new CM to pair with Matic, not sold on Cesc defending against top opponents. Those two changes and I think we would be unstoppable. I really want us to Buy Pogba.

ManU crushed QPR although to be fair the Hotspurs did as well.

We've got players who can score goals so it shouldn't be too much of a problem (fingers crossed).
    It was a problem against Aston Villa at Anfield, so I'm thinking it will be a problem that needs to be solved.