Page 2 of 139 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    I wish I could be there too. Enjoy the experience for me
    I did. Especially after the whistle went to confirm the 3 points went to Liverpool.

Wasn't best I've ever seen us play but we won which is the main thing, Mignolet played really well and Lovren impressed me on his debut. Lambert did well when he came on. Surprised Rodgers picked Lucas ahead of Can though, though I'm guessing it was for his experience more than anything.

We will have to play better against City though.

Oh and of course it was great to watch United lose to Swansea. And good to see Leicester get a point against Everton. Just a shame City and Arsenal won lol.

BANNED

Oh dont worry about Arsenal they will go choke mode soon enough.

Extraordinary Member

Possibly not this year.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    Chelsea had the best record against the top teams last season and they still threw away their lead against titans such as Crystal Palace, Sunderland and Norwich.

Extraordinary Member

I'm shocked we beat Fulham, did not see that coming at all. And I hear the fans were in full vocal support.

Quote Originally Posted by JaggedFel View Post
    I'd rather not take that for granted Certainly hope they and the other title contenders do though, make winning the title easier if they do

Fingers crossed anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I'm shocked we beat Fulham, did not see that coming at all. And I hear the fans were in full vocal support.
    That's 3 wins out of 3 so far DebkoX. And not a goal conceded so far.

Looking like Hangeland was right about it getting worse for Fulham before it gets better.

Fantastic Member

Mmmm, new thread smell!

Urm, who did we set up our fantasy league with...I have a short attention span.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Great 45 minutes by Chelsea there, they look really dangerous. I barely recognized them, not a typical Mourinho team. Glad to have Fábregas back in England.

As a City fan, I am just a teeny bit worried.

Mcgaffer, it's the official Prem one. I'd post a link bit a task that simple would cause my phone to breakdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Great 45 minutes by Chelsea there, they look really dangerous. I barely recognized them, not a typical Mourinho team. Glad to have Fábregas back in England.

As a City fan, I am just a teeny bit worried.

Mcgaffer, it's the official Prem one. I'd post a link bit a task that simple would cause my phone to breakdown.
    As a Liverpool I'm a teeny bit worried myself. On the other hand though it is ''only'' Burnley.

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    I did. Especially after the whistle went to confirm the 3 points went to Liverpool.

Wasn't best I've ever seen us play but we won which is the main thing, Mignolet played really well and Lovren impressed me on his debut. Lambert did well when he came on. Surprised Rodgers picked Lucas ahead of Can though, though I'm guessing it was for his experience more than anything.

We will have to play better against City though.

Oh and of course it was great to watch United lose to Swansea. And good to see Leicester get a point against Everton. Just a shame City and Arsenal won lol.
    I'm glad you were present for a winning result

They will likely need to be better against the higher tier clubs but it's almost as important not to slip against the lesser ones, giving up points when they shouldn't

Quote Originally Posted by Rei View Post
    I'm glad you were present for a winning result

They will likely need to be better against the higher tier clubs but it's almost as important not to slip against the lesser ones, giving up points when they shouldn't
    Agreed, I'm old enough to remember the days when sides like Leicester and Southampton and Coventry were the teams we lost to and end up costing us the title.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

As a Liverpool I'm a teeny bit worried myself. On the other hand though it is ''only'' Burnley.
    Oh yeah, for sure. They will have sterner tests. I just saw it as evidence that they will be able to overcome last seasons problems.

Saw the Liverpool game on TV at the weekend (the Mother is a Liverpool fan) and they looked alright. Always going to be a few awkward moments early in the season until everyone starts to find their feet a bit. The defence looked decent but the midfield could have done a better job of closing down, especially in the second half. Going foward they made some good runs but Southampton were first to pretty much every 50-50 and seemed to have a lot more energy. Early days though and there were signs that last seasons defensive issues have been worked on. Lovren in particular looks a good addition. No messing about, in the Carragher mold.

The mighty Chesterfield overcame that horrrible match against Huddersfield in the cup to pick up our second win of the season against Rochdale, winning 2-1. Could have and probably should have been at least 4 or 5. We hit the woodwork at least 3 times. Looking good so far but we'll see what happens when we pick up a few injuries and suspensions as the season goes on. Our squad is a bit light on bodies. Playing MK Dons tonight. Should be a good game but I'm not expecting much from it. They'll be up there by the end of the season I'd imagine so I'd be more than happy with a point.
    Bring forth the pies!

Extraordinary Member

I'd rather not take that for granted Certainly hope they and the other title contenders do though, make winning the title easier if they do

Fingers crossed anyway.

That's 3 wins out of 3 so far DebkoX. And not a goal conceded so far.

Looking like Hangeland was right about it getting worse for Fulham before it gets better.
    Right you are, and its good to hear the fans getting praised for something good. Had the reputation been less 'savage', I would go to the Den often, its only one hour away but my mum wouldn't allow it

Fantastic Member Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Right you are, and its good to hear the fans getting praised for something good. Had the reputation been less 'savage', I would go to the Den often, its only one hour away but my mum wouldn't allow it
    If I lived in London, I would go just to hear their awsome chant "no one likes us, we don't care."

Here in the MLS, my Rapids continue to free fall. Between the front office leaving gaping holes in the depth chart and our rookie coach having man crushes on players who are appearing over matched but don't get benched, things are grim in Colorado. Online, the mood appears to be acceptance that the season is done and worry that it won't get fixed next year.