Page 39 of 139 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Shinglepants if Bony scores tonight you ain't going to be the only one that's upset I assure you Unless Liverpool happen to be 3 or 4 goals up at the time (which I doubt) than I'd be chilled about it lol.

Still, I'm looking forward to the match tonight. Hopefully Liverpool will end the year with back-to-back victories tonight. Also, I worked it out last night when I was looking at the league tables, if Liverpool can beat Swansea by 3 goals we'll be Eighth and go above them in the table as well. Of course, that's assuming we've scored more goals than them in the league lol. Still, just to play it safe I'll go 4-0 to Liverpool not that I'm biased mind
    Looks like you wasn't far off mate. If only that pesky Sigurdsson hadn't of bagged!

And my getting rid of Bony early didn't backfire.

I'll join in with some Gerrard love too. While his legs are not up to the task now, in his prime he was magnificent. The PL has been blessed with some immense talent in the middle of the pitch. Scholes, Vieira, Keane, Lampard. To a lesser extent Xabi Alonso, Yaya, Fabregas etc but in my eyes Stevie G probably tops them all. Definitely the most complete all-round.

Extraordinary Member

Shelvey got some crazy hate last night.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    Looks like you wasn't far off mate. If only that pesky Sigurdsson hadn't of bagged!
    Mind you it was a defensive error that lead to that but yeah, my jokey prediction of a 4-0 win would've been spot on otherwise (I was hoping for 2-0 or 3-1 at best).

I'll join in with some Gerrard love too. While his legs are not up to the task now, in his prime he was magnificent. The PL has been blessed with some immense talent in the middle of the pitch. Scholes, Vieira, Keane, Lampard. To a lesser extent Xabi Alonso, Yaya, Fabregas etc but in my eyes Stevie G probably tops them all. Definitely the most complete all-round.
    I think Alonso and Fabregas can be put up there with the rest of your list, and if Yaya keeps up his resurgence in form than I'd add him as well. But yeah, don't get me wrong while I think it's time to ease Gerrard out of the side for younger blood he was magnificent in his prime, he'll always be a legend.

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    Shelvey got some crazy hate last night.
    Shelvey does have discipline issues and he's not the best of players but I'm not going to go crazy over the Can incident.

Also, congrats on your teams result last night - a 3-0 win away from home is a great result no matter the opposition and it gets you out of the relegation zone apparently.

Scholes and Lampard can't tackle..especially Scholes.
    Vieira and Keane don't create chances or score as much as the two above.

I can't say Stevie's the best but he is without doubt, the most complete the BPL has ever seen. he can do it all.
    in that aspect, only Yaya could compete truly with him on that.

it's a bit disappointing stevie has'nt won a league title..although he has been in two champions league finals and runners up twice.

Shelvey does have discipline issues and he's not the best of players but I'm not going to go crazy over the Can incident.
    what happened?
    Jonjo's talented but with Sterling around, he's hardly missed

I've drafted Lallana into my FPL team ..hopefully he does another performance like yesterday :P
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

I'd say Gerrard is the most complete midfielder in the sense that he likes to play centre, right, left, defensive, and attacking midfield, often all in one game. He has the positional discipline of a headless chicken on meth. No great surprise that Liverpool produced their best performance of recent games without him the other night.
    'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth.'

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    it's a bit disappointing stevie has'nt won a league title..although he has been in two champions league finals and runners up twice.

what happened?
    Yeah, at least Gerrard has a Champions League winners medal, it is disappointing he hasn't got a league title but then it's disappointing that Carragher didn't get one either. As for Shelvey he was involved in an elbow incident with Can. He's been retroactively charged by the FA and it sounds like he's going to miss 4 games over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Clarkie View Post
    I'd say Gerrard is the most complete midfielder in the sense that he likes to play centre, right, left, defensive, and attacking midfield, often all in one game. He has the positional discipline of a headless chicken on meth. No great surprise that Liverpool produced their best performance of recent games without him the other night.
    Yeah, I admit my main criticism of Gerrard is that he can be a headless chicken at times positionally.

Yeah, I admit my main criticism of Gerrard is that he can be a headless chicken at times positionally.
    The thing is, he probably was at his very best in 2008-2009 season, where he was asked to play almost behind the striker, and yet he moaned to the press about Rafa playing him out of position. Great, great player, but should've learned at some point that he can't do it all himself.
    'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth.'

The thing is, he probably was at his very best in 2008-2009 season, where he was asked to play almost behind the striker, and yet he moaned to the press about Rafa playing him out of position. Great, great player, but should've learned at some point that he can't do it all himself.
    Hopefully he's learning that now.

Yeah, at least Gerrard has a Champions League winners medal, it is disappointing he hasn't got a league title but then it's disappointing that Carragher didn't get one either. As for Shelvey he was involved in an elbow incident with Can. He's been retroactively charged by the FA and it sounds like he's going to miss 4 games over it.
    Pretty unfortunate only the ones that moved to other premier league clubs (owen , torres) are the ones with league medals :/

what's your prediction for the leicester game? another 4-1 win i hope

which is something Wayne Rooney has learned :P
    Last edited by dzub; 01-01-2015 at 04:15 AM.
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.

anyway what's your prediction for today's game against leicester? i hope another big win with another lallana double

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    Pretty unfortunate only the ones that moved to other premier league clubs (owen , torres) are the ones with league medals :/

what's your prediction for the leicester game? another 4-1 win i hope
    The less I say about Michael ''Judas'' Owen the better, also he might've gained a Champions League medal but Torres's career has gone downhill so

As for the Leicester game, I wouldn't complain if we scored 4 goals again today but I always like it when we keep a clean-sheet so hopefully we'll win something like 3 or 4-0 today

Fat Frank does it again! Quite a second half that was. Talk about the curse of the ex players.

C'mon Spurs!

Disappointing draw against Leicester, especially since we were looking good at 2-0 but well done I suppose to Leicester for coming back the way they did. Though, given the recent discussion about Gerrard, it's nice to see he can still take penalties

Trying not to get too excited, we've seen a few 2 goal leads sleep recently, but this is a cracking result as it stands. Think it send Manchester's finest top on goal difference.