Page 88 of 139 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 2072
    Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DebkoX View Post
    I expect City to move for Sterling.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Fair enough, though I guess the transfers don't really get going until July. Still, I'm happy that we managed to get Milner for free as a Liverpool fan LOL.

At this point they can have him, he's a talented player but to try and demand £100,000 a week when he hasn't won anything yet? LOL. I wouldn't have minded Liverpool paying Milner that much because at least he's done things in the game. And also, I wouldn't expect Sterling to get as many appearances for City as he would for Liverpool.
    I'd be happy if we got Sterling to be honest. Obviously, not the finished article but his potential is clear for all to see. I'm sure he wouldn't even struggle too much for games as we've one winger at the club and he's pretty average. Add in the fact he'll likely cost between £30-50m and we'd have to play him to justify it.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    I'd be happy if we got Sterling to be honest. Obviously, not the finished article but his potential is clear for all to see. I'm sure he wouldn't even struggle too much for games as we've one winger at the club and he's pretty average. Add in the fact he'll likely cost between £30-50m and we'd have to play him to justify it.
    I've heard we're holding out for £50 million and that's assuming we're not going to force him to stay which I don't think would be a good idea. Apparently Real Madrid and Bayern Munich are looking into him so you've got some competition.

Extraordinary Member

Sterling comes across as overrated, and big-headed.

Sterling has a lot of potential - like Shinglepants said he's not the finished article by any means but he has a lot of potential. BUT he does seem to have allowed all the hype over him to get to his head recently and his agent doesn't seem to be helping matters either.

Extraordinary Member

Its a shame, but a growing problem. Greed and money. If I was his age, playing for the Liverpool first team, wow....

Yeah, that's the problem with the Premier League, a young player can get too much to soon. Shame though he could've been a legend at the club but now it looks like he'll be one of those players who get booed when they come back with their new club due to the manner in which he left.

I've heard we're holding out for £50 million and that's assuming we're not going to force him to stay which I don't think would be a good idea. Apparently Real Madrid and Bayern Munich are looking into him so you've got some competition.
    £50m seems crazy to me! Especially for someone who's contract is running down. That's more than we spent on Aguero, Silva and Yaya. Though I guess there's the English premium, premium for selling to a rival club etc.

Its a shame, but a growing problem. Greed and money. If I was his age, playing for the Liverpool first team, wow....
    Often happens with the English youngsters. Richards, M. Johnson and A. Johson at City, Cleverley, Wilshere etc. Thankfully, Barkley and Kane seem like they've got their heads screwed on and along with Sterling could be very good for England.

£50m seems crazy to me! Especially for someone who's contract is running down. That's more than we spent on Aguero, Silva and Yaya. Though I guess there's the English premium, premium for selling to a rival club etc.

Often happens with the English youngsters. Richards, M. Johnson and A. Johson at City, Cleverley, Wilshere etc. Thankfully, Barkley and Kane seem like they've got their heads screwed on and along with Sterling could be very good for England.
    He's got two years left so it's not that short. Also, he's English. English players are always over-priced just because they're English LOL. Also to be fair we're apparently holding out for that with Munich and Madrid as well so it's not JUST because it's City. (Also, we're probably just being greedy bastards LOL)

Wouldn't mind Kane but if Sterling is apparently worth £50m than I think I'd faint at the asking price for a guy who scored 31 goals last season LOL (and scored all three of their goals in that little tournament thing they had last week).

BANNED

Champions League final day. Will be off to the pub for it later. Wouldn't mind seeing Gigi getting his CL medal, but hard to see Barca not winning.

When has Jack ever shown greed? Or even Cleverley? He was always out of his depth at United but I can't say he ever came off as greedy.

Barkley's regressed horribly this season. Starting to look like he was overhyped horribly on the grounds of him being more athletic than his peers, I don't think he has the footballing brain to make it the way everyone thought. Hype built too much about him at the World Cup and he hasn't been able to deal with it.

Yeah, that's the problem with the Premier League, a young player can get too much to soon. Shame though he could've been a legend at the club but now it looks like he'll be one of those players who get booed when they come back with their new club due to the manner in which he left.
    He's a Londoner. He never had any interest in staying in Liverpool. He wasn't demanding 100k, he was turning it down.

I suspect he'd prefer Chelsea over City. Already had a very good audition, though I don't think they're interested.

Sterling comes across as overrated, and big-headed.
    He's probably the most talented English player at his age. What'll be better for his development? Playing alongside some of the best attackers in the world, or playing with the likes of Borini and Balotelli?

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Champions League final day. Will be off to the pub for it later. Wouldn't mind seeing Gigi getting his CL medal, but hard to see Barca not winning.

When has Jack ever shown greed? Or even Cleverley? He was always out of his depth at United but I can't say he ever came off as greedy.

Barkley's regressed horribly this season. Starting to look like he was overhyped horribly on the grounds of him being more athletic than his peers, I don't think he has the footballing brain to make it the way everyone thought. Hype built too much about him at the World Cup and he hasn't been able to deal with it.
    I'm excited for the CL final, really hoping Juve get the win. Would love to see Buffon, Chiellini, Pogba and Tevez picking up winners medals.

I might have quoted the wrong post. I didn't mean to suggest they were greedy, I was questioning their application/professionalism. The guys I mentioned, their progress hasn't been good enough the last couple of years. perhaps they sign their big contracts, get into the first team and rest on their laurels.

Barkley is a great athlete, but I think the previous season showed he has technical ability too. No denying he's had a bad year though. I think huge expectations, Evertons poor form, injuries and maybe even being used out of positions have all took their toll. I'd still love him at City, think he'll develop into a great player.

Extraordinary Member

Good goal from Barca, I do hope Juventus come back.

Extraordinary Member

Good goal from Juventus!

Barcelona are worthy winners, no doubting it.

Got to feel for Juve, they were right up in for most of the game, it just got away from 'em at the end.

Barcelona are worthy winners, no doubting it.
    They're tax evaders. So is Messi. Speaking as guy who's been born and has liven in Barcelona for his entire life, they did not deserve to win. But that's just my opinion and it probably bugs me how my fellow citizens adore the club and Messi even though they always complain about fiscal delicts.

Anyway, good luck to Luis Enrique. Even now, he's not going to make it. What Messi wants, he gets it.

Barca's forward line is scary, mind you even with Messi for cheap, the other two cost at least £160 million between them.
    'Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth.'