Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Scarlet witch and quicksilver should have stayed as Magneto's kids
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Pineapple Thing. Nuff said.
    Rocky Grimm will always be my favorite...

But, I'll always have a soft spot for Spikey Grimm...

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Dr Pym, Scientific Adventurer (complete with R.O.V.E.R.).
    Speaking of Hank Pym, I liked it when there were more than one Pym running around...

Quote Originally Posted by Sub-Zero MKA View Post
    Damn straight.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Wait, what?

When and how did that get retconned?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Wait, what?

It was during that crossover when heroes turned evil and villains turned good. Axis I believe it was called.

Evil Scarlet Witch did some spell that would affect everybody related to her by blood. It didn't affect Magneto because he's clearly not their father because Fox owned the movie rights to X-men at the time and Disney were being stingy about it.

Not sure what they went with instead. But I'm certain that'll be re-retconned somewhere down the line.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Wait, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    It was during that crossover when heroes turned evil and villains turned good. Axis I believe it was called.

Evil Scarlet Witch did some spell that would affect everybody related to her by blood. It didn't affect Magneto because he's clearly not their father because Fox owned the movie rights to X-men at the time and Disney were being stingy about it.

Not sure what they went with instead. But I'm certain that'll be re-retconned somewhere down the line.
    Yeah, this. With the X-Men back with marvel, it's sure to be corrected eventually.

They weren't always his children, but that retcon really bothered me.
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Red Jumpsuit Hank Pym w. the ability to grow/shrink himself and anything he touched.

Wanda/Pietro as mutants, Magneto’s kids.

Falcon as a mutant w. bird control ability.

Astonishing Member

The endless crisis remakes of the DC Universe with idiotic new cosmics like Perpetua, SuperDuper Monitors, underside universes, etc. - killed my interest in their whole line of stories. The idiotic giant cooties in the various power batteries - duh. The standard Guardians and their creation of the Central power batteries were just fine.

I also think the Speed Force was equally idiotic. Too many speedsters.

Quote Originally Posted by MorphyVSFischer View Post
    Jason Todd shouldn't have been brought back and Barbara was best in the wheelchair
    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Falcon as a mutant w. bird control ability.
    I absolutely 100% agree with all of these.

To add another; as much as I love Darwin, Petra, Sway and (Emperor) Vulcan I don't like that they were brought about by a retcon that further besmirched the character of Charles Xavier. The story left him looking so duplicitous and while it wasn't the first or the last to do so I remember feeling like you just couldn't trust the guy after that.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-18-2021 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Blue text became too cumbersome.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by MorphyVSFischer View Post
    Jason Todd shouldn't have been brought back and Barbara was best in the wheelchair
    Strongly disagree about Jason. He was barely given a chance as Robin, not to mention his character was sabotaged by his own writer (even wanted to kill Jason by giving him AIDS).

As for Barbara; if it had been some other reason for her ending up in the wheelchair, I would be inclined to agree. But since it was Killing Joke, where she was little more than a prop, and considering all the tech and friendly magic users that are in DC, her remaining in the wheelchair would have only been temporary at best anyway.

Yeah. Killing Joke was a horror prop for Gordon’s family, strong but still shock value.

I do agree on Cass Cain though. She should have kept her kick ass Pre 52 stats.

That I do agree with.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    The endless crisis remakes of the DC Universe with idiotic new cosmics like Perpetua, SuperDuper Monitors, underside universes, etc. - killed my interest in their whole line of stories. The idiotic giant cooties in the various power batteries - duh. The standard Guardians and their creation of the Central power batteries were just fine.

I also think the Speed Force was equally idiotic. Too many speedsters.
    Ah yes. The "Big Event" done so often it becomes just a common event and loses more people than it gains in the long run because they get sick of the endless rewrites of history. Worse yet, it may be there's no going back because people get divided on which version is the one they like best so there's little consensus for which to go with.

I suspect this may be a side effect of writers having so much autonomy. There was a period of time when they had to let the individual writers screw up continuity as they pleased or they'd go out and start their own comic companies.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Strongly disagree about Jason. He was barely given a chance as Robin, not to mention his character was sabotaged by his own writer (even wanted to kill Jason by giving him AIDS).

As for Barbara; if it had been some other reason for her ending up in the wheelchair, I would be inclined to agree. But since it was Killing Joke, where she was little more than a prop, and considering all the tech and friendly magic users that are in DC, her remaining in the wheelchair would have only been temporary at best anyway.
    Yeah, as Chou Lives said, "Killing Joke" was shock value. What happened didn't even focus on her that much. She didn't make a heroic sacrifice. She was brushed off as an expendable character leading to a parade of Batgirl wannabees, only one of whom I found interesting and should have stayed Batgirl (Cassie Caine). Speaking of which, retconning her back to what she was at her height would be great.

It's moot for me. Outside of the occasional comic, I mostly read collections of old stuff, Marvel and DC. Part is the price compared to reading time (aka Bang for your Bucks) and the other is the ever changing continuity.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post

I absolutely 100% agree with all of these.

To add another; as much as I love Darwin, Petra, Sway and (Emperor) Vulcan I don't like that they were brought about by a retcon that further besmirched the character of Charles Xavier. The story left him looking so duplicitous and while it wasn't the first or the last to do so I remember feeling like you just couldn't trust the guy after that.
    The progression of time in and of itself doesn't make sense, either. It was already wonky when the original story was that the OG X-Men were captured and Xavier had the time to gallivant around the planet to recruit the Giant Size X-Men. Now the idea is that he did it *twice?* Seriously, the Giant Size X-Men should have come across the bare skeletons of Jean, Hank, Bobby, etc. by that point.

---

Speaking of the X-Men, I'm loving the wild ride that's Dawn of X, but my only problem is the retcon that everything since 1963 happened in the span of 10 years. The classic X-Men certainly act tougher and more determined than people in their 20s, but also that means every life-threatening, global, emotional, personal catastrophe happened at, like, a twice-weekly basis.

I know aging and relative comic book time are weird already, but the Fantastic Four handle this just a bit better -- they still had a couple years of adventures, and then the Richards gave birth to Franklin, and even without the five year post Secret Wars time jump, Franklin went from newborn to teenager in ~50 years. It takes the X-Men more time to experience 10 years than the Fantastic Four.
    Last edited by Cyke; 09-16-2020 at 07:43 PM.

Incredible Member

Also Spider-Man/MJ. Will never forgive that one being written out. If anyone deserved their marriage, much less to a smoking hot redhead, it's Peter Parker.