Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Astonishing Member

more hate list of this:

Hikari Yagami's psychic powers are retconned into result of unknown entity's possession
    whatever Scientists tells us what they believes are the only things that exists in Reality(our world), they treats what US government and mainstream news media said about things like 9/11, CO2 Emissions, and so on as their gospel

https://lnk.bio/Masonicon

calling Real Life Martial Artists that can break walls "Comic Book Peak Human" is like calling Pre-new52!Cassandra Cain "Shounen Manga character"

I don't know if it's a retcon per se or if it was the writer's intent all along (and lord knows they love to make it seem like retcons aren't actually retcons), but I liked the idea of Hank Pym losing stature in the scientific community, only to become christened as Scientist Supreme, before Loki went LOL jk not really.

I mean, sure, Reed Richards fits that title better, but the title of Scientist Supreme granted by a cosmic power in contrast to Sorcerer Supreme granted by a magic power was a neat comparison.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I don't know if it's a retcon per se or if it was the writer's intent all along (and lord knows they love to make it seem like retcons aren't actually retcons), but I liked the idea of Hank Pym losing stature in the scientific community, only to become christened as Scientist Supreme, before Loki went LOL jk not really.

I mean, sure, Reed Richards fits that title better, but the title of Scientist Supreme granted by a cosmic power in contrast to Sorcerer Supreme granted by a magic power was a neat comparison.
    I think that the issue was that someone at Marvel suddenly remembered that Sorcerer Supreme is an actual *job title*, not just a prize, and not only is Hank Pym not really up to protectinh the 616 Universe from extradimensional invaders, that isn't really even the type of thing that Galactus would really bother talking as his responsibility to set up, excepting maaaaybe if he just wanted to deliberately slight Reed Richards (who is basically doing that job pro-bono anyways) for constantly interfering with Galactus' dinner plans and pulling a gun (Galactus' own him, in fact) on him the first time they met.

Obligatory posting of this page:

Granted, I only know of this sequence out of context, so as relevant to the thread discussion, can't say that I know if this is one of those good retcons.

But damn, that burn, lol

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I think that the issue was that someone at Marvel suddenly remembered that Sorcerer Supreme is an actual *job title*, not just a prize, and not only is Hank Pym not really up to protectinh the 616 Universe from extradimensional invaders, that isn't really even the type of thing that Galactus would really bother talking as his responsibility to set up, excepting maaaaybe if he just wanted to deliberately slight Reed Richards (who is basically doing that job pro-bono anyways) for constantly interfering with Galactus' dinner plans and pulling a gun (Galactus' own him, in fact) on him the first time they met.
    Sure. For me it's less about Pym and more about the scientific equivalent to Sorceror Supreme, but I suppose I'm only bringing up Pym because it happened in one of his books, no one else's (who, yes, are more qualified for the job).

If we had a second (third?) retcon where Pym was acknowledged as Scientist Supreme in the past only to lose it to Richards or someone else, at least the job title would still exist and I'd be down with that.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

Granted, I only know of this sequence out of context, so as relevant to the thread discussion, can't say that I know if this is one of those good retcons.

But damn, that burn, lol
    Ah yes, the famed Avengers Hank Pym, Hercules, Vision, and Spit-Take!
    Last edited by Cyke; 09-27-2020 at 05:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post

But damn, that burn, lol

And Sue continues to be the adult in the room.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Rey being a Palpatine instead of the daughter of two randos who abandoned their kid, and Smoke actually being Palpatine's otherkin persona.

Like, just make Snoke be a series of clones that were bound together in a stronger version of the link that he used on Rey and Ben, or anything other than one of the most generic villains in all of fiction who came back from the dead in order to finally be able to turn into a pretty young lady.