Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BANNED

The best choices would be Nightwing, Green Arrow, or Detective Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That’s another option given Morrison seems to still be planning to exit after S2 wraps. I wonder if Bendis would want to write Hal or one of the other Lanterns?
    It seems we can rule out Green Lantern - it's Waid's if he wants it.
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/goss...c-comics-2021/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Thank god.

I don't see him on Batman. Historically when he takes over a major project he does the "2 books" thing and gets full control of the property. He did it with Avengers, X-Men, Superman, etc. I don't see him just taking Detective, since Tynion isn't leaving Batman anytime soon.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Astonishing Member

Maybe it's Green Arrow. He also had an important role in Leviathan, it would make sense.
    Tynion isn't leaving Batman anytime soon, I doubt Bendis would have worked with him without having power over the character.

I'd give him a Green Arrow, Black Canary or Cyborg solo. Someone who is well known but could use a new direction and a "name" writer.
    I hope it's not another team or sci fi book, because they're not his forte at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Idk what BC is talking about Bendis already stated in a podcast that his Superman run was ending soon, then it sounded like he was asked to write a few more issues while DC sorted itself out acyer Didio and is done now.

Outside of that tho, what DC needs less of is fanboys running the company...

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I'd give him a Green Arrow, Black Canary or Cyborg solo. Someone who is well known but could use a new direction and a "name" writer.
    I hope it's not another team or sci fi book, because they're not his forte at all.
    I don't think Bendis will be able to help Cyborg tbh.

Are there any good teen heroes that could write for...

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

I think we need to keep in mind that DC in 2021 will probably look substantially different in terms of the monthlies they're publishing. I don't see a Green Arrow, Hawkman, Black Canary, Cyborg, etc. monthly coming down the pipeline anytime soon, especially since DC just canceled a slew of these or similar titles.

Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Justice League...these are going to be the likely options of monthly titles available. The rest are going to be relegated to short minis or OGNs, if we're to believe the rumors that is.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He’s going to get another book(s): https://twitter.com/brianmbendis/sta...040972288?s=21

My guess is Detective Comics, Tomasi has just been writing filler so far. Either that or Justice League.
    He is going to get a Batman books sooner or latter be it Detective or Batman. That is a 100% going to happen.

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

I would only really want him on Batman if he he writes him like he did in Batman Universe. It was exactly the opposite of what you would expect from him and it's the best thing he's done at DC.

I love the idea of doing a Tim Drake book - he could probably do Impulse justice as well.

I wouldn't necessarily mind him on Justice League but I would rather he do a new JLI book as that suits his style to a T. Actually, I now really, really want to see that. But yeah, based on that tweet, a full-on Justice League does seem the most likely choice by far.

The only thing I really don't want to see him on is a book with loads of aliens because though I usually quite enjoy his dialogue (it is variable, though), holy hell does he write a bad Mongul. It's one thing to have all humans sound like they grew up in Brooklyn, it's quite another for aliens to talk that way too.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Yeah I know it’ll never happen but have him do a Hulk book at DC.

That Hulk being Damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    He is going to get a Batman books sooner or latter be it Detective or Batman. That is a 100% going to happen.
    I hope it does. Just boot tynion off in january. By then he will have had 30 or so issues. Bendis doing detective and the main books for 50-80 issues each would be fine by me.

Astonishing Member

It was already confirmed that Tynion will stay in 2021, he made it clear at Fandome and recent interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Question is though will he want it? Is that just the biggest he's being offered, or is Superman still on the table? Because if Superman is my guess would be he picks that over GL anyway.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I can see doing Green Arrow. Bendis loves bringing back obscure characters so bringing back the Question and Creeper is something I can see him doing.