Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default DC Future Slate Coming January & February 2021

From reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/DCcomics/co...&utm_term=link
    A54C1B7D-2A5D-4456-9FEA-85BFD3CD575A.jpg
    Looks like there will be a relaunch after all. I’m guessing we’ll get creative team announcements soon and solicits will have more details.
    Last edited by Vordan; 09-17-2020 at 08:46 PM.

I'm actually excited to learn about new creative teams/books .

Wonder if its possible that this is an imprint of future-specific stories. I'd kinda be concerned if its the name given to a wholesale relaunch effort as it suggests legacy and I'm so freaking tired of legacy.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ah... Future State. Typo alert.

If it's a relaunch with an emphasis on long term dedication to titles, then it sounds cool.

If it's another Future's End, DC One-Million or Armageddon 20xx, however...

With the new management, I'm expecting the better of the two.
    Will pray that they succeed in putting all the broken toys back together.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    Ah... Future State. Typo alert.

If it's a relaunch with an emphasis on long term dedication to titles, then it sounds cool.

If it's another Future's End, DC One-Million or Armageddon 20xx, however...

With the new management, I'm expecting the better of the two.
    Will pray that they succeed in putting all the broken toys back together.
    Yeah I only noticed after posting that it was “state” not slate. If mods can fix the typo it would be appreciated otherwise we’ll just roll with it.

BANNED

Please be relaunch, please be relaunch, please be relaunch.

Now I'm suddenly worried "Future State" is the new form of the 5G imitative....

Incredible Member

At the end of the Generations story in Detective #1027 it said "To be continued in Generations: Future State".
    My guess would be another mini event(like Endless Winter) spinning out of Generations.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    At the end of the Generations story in Detective #1027 it said "To be continued in Generations: Future State".
    My guess would be another mini event(like Endless Winter) spinning out of Generations.
    Ah you could be right, although Endless Winter was a one month event, this looks to be spread over two months, so we’ll see.

I'm fine with this being a relaunch so long as it's not a reboot or a retread, ya dig? DC definitely needs a come to jesus moment to establish a clearer direction for their books and characters, but I am not interested in another glorified reintroduction to whichever character they feel they wronged to "fix" continuity. nor am I interested in another do-over of the whole universe where they etch-a-sketch away everything going on. I just want some good stories to set the tone going forward; emphasis on forward.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Yeah, Generations Shattered used art intended for Generation One, maybe the one-shot in December is Generation 2 and 3, and Future State is 4 and 5?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

Is it possible that this is the same separate imprint for 5G that BC wrote about?

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    Is it possible that this is the same separate imprint for 5G that BC wrote about?
    That’s what I’m thinking now is the case. If so that means Jan and Feb might be filler months before the “real” initiative in March.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Giving 5G it's own Earth to do its own thing without having to muck with the main DCU would be ideal. Had they done this with the New 52, they could have avoided a lot of headaches.

And if any of the 5G books end up being great, have them migrate over to the main Earth

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    Yes, most likely this is just a two month thing, so the new creative teams can start in march. If we look at Superman, Bendis will be out in December, Future State will happen in January and February, comes March, the Superman titles will have a new creative team, Bendis will have a new title and so on.