Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I hope that it is something like Detective that can be easily ignored if it is bad.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I hope that it is something like Detective that can be easily ignored if it is bad.
    Oh about that, Bendis writes a very good Detective Comic story in the anniversary issue, Detective Comic 1027. So, I will be onboard if that's happen.

Detective Comics isn't available, so it's either Batman itself or a side character (Nightwing?) if he gets a bat book.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Detective Comics isn't available, so it's either Batman itself or a side character (Nightwing?) if he gets a bat book.
    Mate Tomasi isn’t a big writer, they can totally kick him off. Hell they already did that with Tomasi once with Superman. Unlike Superman the reaction to Tomasi’s Tec has been pretty tepid from what I’ve seen, so I don’t think there would be as much backlash if he gets moved off and placed on something else.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He also said that he had been on the Superman book for longer than initially planned, and that he was nearing the end of his run. Pretty clear he was initially going to either leave the book once 5G hit or move to that, and once that got shuttered he simply wrapped his run. Doesn’t sound like a guy who got his run cut short.
    I don't know. When someone ends a book on their terms, they usually say something like I told the story I wanted to tell. Or I felt it was time to move on. Here he said that he had to clear the decks for a new project, which would seem to imply he either had to make a choice to give this up for a new project or someone else made the choice for him. Either way, it doesn't sound like he left because he came to the natural ending of the story.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

It won't be Batman, Tynion is lighting it up right now, DC won't mess with it.

Detective might be nice, I've enjoyed Tomasi's run, but it hasn't been a stand out.

Possibly Justice League, though if he writes it at the pacing he did YJ it won't last long.

Nightwing would be interesting. Jurgens inherited a dumpster fire from Lobdell and hasn't made it any better. I think the book is due for a change especially now that Dick is back.
    Pulls: Batman, Detective Comics, SiKtC, Catwoman, Nightwing, Titans, Godzilla, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Brave and the Bold, No/One, Kill your Darlings, and Deviant.
    My runs: Batman #230-, and Detective #420-

Mighty Member

I've enjoyed his interpretation of the Question (Vic sage) I doubt we will get a series but I'd like to see him in cameo's more. So maybe Green Arrow?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SixSpeedSamurai View Post
    It won't be Batman, Tynion is lighting it up right now, DC won't mess with it.

Detective might be nice, I've enjoyed Tomasi's run, but it hasn't been a stand out.

Possibly Justice League, though if he writes it at the pacing he did YJ it won't last long.

Nightwing would be interesting. Jurgens inherited a dumpster fire from Lobdell and hasn't made it any better. I think the book is due for a change especially now that Dick is back.
    Now you mention it, a JL with him could be nice.

Astonishing Member

Here are a couple of titles I think Bendis would suit:
    Flash
    Manhunter (Kate Spencer)
    Green Lantern
    Chase
    Batman

Give him Shazam. I think he’d do well with Billy Batson and the Shazam fam.

He'd be good with the family set up, yeah, he's written from experience regarding adoption before (in Iron Man and Naomi). But is magic in his wheelhouse?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    He'd be good with the family set up, yeah, he's written from experience regarding adoption before (in Iron Man and Naomi). But is magic in his wheelhouse?
    Not particularly, but it's never stopped him before .

DC should give him something like Green Lantern. It's a property that has already been proven to be malleable, there is a history of writers creating their own lanterns or expanding the mythos, and you can make it any type of story framed within space sci-fi. If not that, then they need to find a way to make him cooperate with other writers and editors in the whole line, not just giving him his own sandbox. Let him be on "Detective" opposite a continuity-heavy "Batman" writer, or let him tell a Booster Gold story to actually elevate a character and fun with them. He doesn't play well with others, so just give him a fun character.

BANNED

Bendis had a Batman story in the recent Detective oversized issue drawn by David Marquez. Is this the new Batman creative team debuting?

I'd rather they took over Justice League to be honest.

Manhunter would be good for Bendis.