Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Question is though will he want it? Is that just the biggest he's being offered, or is Superman still on the table? Because if Superman is my guess would be he picks that over GL anyway.
    Waid could definitely write two books, but yeah if it’s Superman or GL he’s definitely picking Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    Let's put him back together with Marc Andreyko and have them riff on Leviathan/Manhunter titles.
    YES! A new Manhunter series with Kate Spencer penned by Bendis, drawn by Andreyko is exactly what I can see him doing. Bendis Team books are decent enough but I believe he truly excels at solo series. Particularly solo street level series. Daredevil. Moon Knight. Alias. the list goes on.

BANNED

It's gotta be Batman or Justice League. Or both.

I'd like to see him write The Question though. Even a mini series would do.

Astonishing Member CellarDweller's Avatar

I haven't seen any comment from him, perhaps I missed it, but is Wonder Comics officially dead, or will there be future titles put out on it?

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

I don't like it, but it'll probably be Justice League lol

Preferably, like everyone else is saying, I'd love it if it was something like a Batbook, Green Arrow, maybe even a new Suicide Squad book. Bendis being "the architect" of big events or books is where his biggest weak point is so i'd like to see him step away from that and just write some low-stakes books.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Retirement. I can dream, can't I?

Quote Originally Posted by CellarDweller View Post
    I haven't seen any comment from him, perhaps I missed it, but is Wonder Comics officially dead, or will there be future titles put out on it?
    Nothing official but given what we know about DC’s upcoming focus, it’s probably dead. They’re going to cut the bottom 25%, and focus on the big earners. Wonder Comics was well received critically but none of the books were strong sellers. There’s a Jinny Hex one shot coming up but other than that nothing.

Give him Wonder Woman, he'll be the final nail in her coffin.
    Last edited by Pinsir; 09-14-2020 at 06:05 PM.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

I'd like Event Leviathan 2 or whatever its called. I was in the camp that enjoyed it.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

I can't see him working on Green Arrow or Batman.....he's done street level characters for the past 20 years so he must be sick of it.

I'd let him work on Constantine though.

JL or Batman

(Formerly ilash) Ilan Preskovsky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LifeIsILL View Post

I'd let him work on Constantine though.
    Oh hell, no! He cannot do British dialogue to save his life. He wrote Constantine in something and it was a total mess.
    Check out my blog, Because Everyone Else Has One, for my regularly updated movie reviews.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by kurenai24 View Post
    Idk what BC is talking about Bendis already stated in a podcast that his Superman run was ending soon, then it sounded like he was asked to write a few more issues while DC sorted itself out acyer Didio and is done now.

Outside of that tho, what DC needs less of is fanboys running the company...

I don't think Bendis will be able to help Cyborg tbh.

Are there any good teen heroes that could write for...

In June, Bendis said that leaving Superman would be a long, long, long way away.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Tim Drake solo. Heavy emphasis on his relationship with the rest of the YJ4 and Stephanie, plus give him a civilian support cast. Detective and street level heroics, and juggling a life in the mask against life as a teen.

It hits all of Bendis' strengths. Youthful protagonist? Check. Street level? Check. Solo book? Check.

Also, it would make for an interesting counterpoint to his Marvel work, where his seminal stuff is on DD and Jessica Jones. Both very traumatized, heavy characters who live in a dark, tragic world and cope by doing what they can to make it not that. Tim occupies that same kind of world, but does so as a radically different character, who could have different kinds of reactions and solutions. A chance for Bendis to look at idealism vs. naivete through the eyes of a character who is a little bit better adjusted that Matt or Jessica. A chance to flex familiar muscles, but from a completely different perspective.
    I would buy this book!
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-18-2021 at 03:33 PM. Reason: Blue text became too cumbersome.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Johnston View Post
    In June, Bendis said that leaving Superman would be a long, long, long way away.
    He also said that he had been on the Superman book for longer than initially planned, and that he was nearing the end of his run. Pretty clear he was initially going to either leave the book once 5G hit or move to that, and once that got shuttered he simply wrapped his run. Doesn’t sound like a guy who got his run cut short.