Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Relaunch Wolverine and the X-Men into a new title

Since Wolverine is going to die next month we still dont know what is going to happen to wolverine and the x-men. Personally I think they should just cancel the title and relaunch as something else and focus on people other than quire and idie since the issues so far for the second volume have been meh to me.

So what do you think people??

BANNED

I agree completely. It should have been relaunched without Logan at the very beginning. I am glad the summer school session is coming to an end.

o

Yeah, the second volume has been pretty bad so far. And I'm absolutely tired of Quentin Quire and Idie, specially the way Latour writes her. Pixie and Armor should be used more, and I wouldn't be against them bringing some of the New X-Men characters back into the spotlight.

If they're going with a school setup, just call it X-Men Academy and call it a day.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

We do know what's going to happen though. It's going to be a rotating "----- and the X Men" title for a while.

It should just be cancelled though.

Wasn't there a rumor that it was going to be turned into a team up title ?

Like [insert Marvel Hero name here] and the X-Men, the hero in question being different for each arc.

BANNED

Cancel it. Save Idie. Leave Armor's armor on the front law and send her home to Japan.

Yeah, it is going to be Spider-man and the X-Men for an issue or an arc since Wolverine left the school to him or something. I forget what it said in that interview exactly.

But they did just relaunch the book not that long ago. Would they really do it again?

My idea - Generation NeXt: Use the older GenX cast as mentors and teachers in minor roles(the same way Emma and Sean work in the original title), and use the seven most popular x-kiddies as the team and students. Anyone else can do cameos. The X-kids cast needs to focus on a main seven, otherwise the book gets too muddled with a continuous line of minor characters.

This idea uses the set popularity of the older GenXers to give the book a little weight and staying power and the younger members appeals to today's kids. Oh and keep the schism out of it as much as possible.
    Last edited by Beezzi; 08-15-2014 at 06:02 PM. Reason: A

BANNED

Spider-Man I can take if he's written humorously. And if the plot isn't so complicated the characters are even commenting on how they're confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Beezzi View Post
    My idea - Generation NeXt: Use the older GenX cast as mentors and teachers in minor roles(the same way Emma and Sean work in the original title), and use the seven most popular x-kiddies as the team and students. Anyone else can do cameos. The X-kids cast needs to focus on a main seven, otherwise the book gets too muddled with a continuous line of minor characters.

This idea uses the set popularity of the older GenXers to give the book a little weight and staying power and the younger members appeals to today's kids. Oh and keep the schism out of it as much as possible.
    Yes, let's name the new series after a failed Claremont alternate reality mini. That equals dollar signs.

If it does get relaunched and get's renamed it should have that is easy to market like X-Men Academy or Mutant Academy or even Jean Grey School, Generation NeXt doesn't sound like a very good name to market properly. Something easy and to the point.

I agree that it should just be cancelled. But I don't think we need a new title launched in its place.
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!

Quote Originally Posted by Goggindowner View Post
    I agree that it should just be cancelled. But I don't think we need a new title launched in its place.
    Basically this. If the JGS students aren't a big enough draw for sales, they don't need to keep trying to give them a book. The market has spoken, I guess. Amazing and Adjectiveless both cover the Gold side pretty well.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Since everything JGS has ranged from disappointing to dreadful, they should launch a NXS book focused on the students so ANXM can remain O5, UXM can focus more on the teachers and the new students can get the room they deserve to shine.

I like what the Avengers side has done with Avengers World - led by Hickman but executed by someone else. They should do that with Bendis. Give him someone to write it, but keep it under his control.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

All the non Bendis team x books should be cancelled. Thin the market. The solo ones can stay.