Fantastic Member

Default Most unapologetic characters in fiction

I found an article talking about how Xena is still the most unapologetic heroine after 25 years of her show coming on the air. While I am not sure of how much of the article I actually agree with (Xena seemed pretty apologetic for her actions to me), I do feel that there is a slight need for more characters in fiction who like more like Xena. Someone who is brave and strong, but willing to screw up and admit to her mistakes. Someone human enough to keep trying no matter how hard things got for her and never give up, no matter who it pissed off. Some other characters like that are Sisko from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, and Ripley from the Aliens franchise.

Here is the article: https://io9.gizmodo.com/25-years-ago...ine-1845029153

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

As for Xena, I guess it depend on your view. She was certainly apologizing for her past, but she wasn't apologizing for her do-gooding.

Dwight & Angela from The Office - were they made for each other!
    Barney Stinson
    All of the women on Friends, and at times Joey.
    Sheldon Cooper
    Eric "AuthoriTAH" Cartman
    Hawkeye on MASH (usually)
    Londo on B5
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Sheldon Cooper is pretty unapologetic. Though there were times he saw he went to far. Like in the final episode when he got his Nobel prize and during the speech he gave a lot of thanks to his family and friends and how he would not be where he is without them. Kind of a big im sorry for the way he acted not only that episode but the whole series.

For comics Punisher would be the big one for me. he goes out, he kills criminals and he does not give a damn if you like it. He does use mercy bullets in a few Spiderman issues so I dont know if that counts as unapologetic or just showing respect for another hero.

The Joker as well. He is evil and does what he wants and doesnt care what others think about him. Well he wants them to be scared. But he never says sorry for what he does unless he is messing with a shrink,
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member PaulBullion's Avatar

How about Vampirella?
    "How does the Green Goblin have anything to do with Herpes?" - The Dying Detective

Hillary was right!

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

How about Louie DePalma? (Taxi)

Dr. Doom.

And on a completely different end of the spectrum... Fonzie. He literally couldn't.

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x26yzgd
    X-Books Forum Mutant Tracker/FAQ- Updated every Tuesday.

Him too.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Sheldon Cooper is pretty unapologetic. Though there were times he saw he went to far. Like in the final episode when he got his Nobel prize and during the speech he gave a lot of thanks to his family and friends and how he would not be where he is without them. Kind of a big im sorry for the way he acted not only that episode but the whole series.

For comics Punisher would be the big one for me. he goes out, he kills criminals and he does not give a damn if you like it. He does use mercy bullets in a few Spiderman issues so I dont know if that counts as unapologetic or just showing respect for another hero.

The Joker as well. He is evil and does what he wants and doesnt care what others think about him. Well he wants them to be scared. But he never says sorry for what he does unless he is messing with a shrink,
    I think that was back when they were trying to tone down the Punisher a bit.

Original T-800?) and T-100s Terminators, can it even conceive of it?

Last edited by Güicho; 09-14-2020 at 06:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by QuinnFillory View Post
    I found an article talking about how Xena is still the most unapologetic heroine after 25 years of her show coming on the air. While I am not sure of how much of the article I actually agree with (Xena seemed pretty apologetic for her actions to me), I do feel that there is a slight need for more characters in fiction who like more like Xena. Someone who is brave and strong, but willing to screw up and admit to her mistakes. Someone human enough to keep trying no matter how hard things got for her and never give up, no matter who it pissed off. Some other characters like that are Sisko from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, and Ripley from the Aliens franchise.

Here is the article: https://io9.gizmodo.com/25-years-ago...ine-1845029153
    Yeah, wasn't the entire point about Xena that she was trying to atone for her actions as a brutal warlord? I'd say Jessica Jones is more unapologetic.

Most John Wayne characters.

Dirty Harry Callahan.
    Power with Girl is better.

- Judge Holden
    - Captain Ahab

Oscar the Grouch is pretty unapologetic, IIRC-- he tends to just retreat in his trashcan instead of apologizing or admitting he was wrong. Queen Chrysalis and Lord Tirek are awfully unapologetic as well, even to other villains or when faced with utter defeat and/or in the former's case, a chance for redemption. While these may seem mild, consider the worlds these characters live in. Tough to not have the apologetic and far more empathetic citizenry not rub off on you at least a little...

Daniel Plainview. Never gives up, never says sorry.