Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Klowneer View Post
    Space Ghost was unpopular to me, it was Batman In Space his side Kicks where Robin, Batgirl and a Monkey. I have Hated Space Ghost since I was a kid it was an attempt at ruining Batman by taking Batman totally out of character. I never saw him as Space Ghost and the show never appealed to me as a separation from Batman. It was instead a ruination of Batman. IMO
    How do you ruin something by making a completely separate work from it? It's like calling Homelander a ruination of Superman.

I really hate pies, they're just lame.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    How do you ruin something by making a completely separate work from it? It's like calling Homelander a ruination of Superman.
    It was a ruination to me. Maybe I should been more specific, Everything Space Ghost had was ripped from Batman. Space Ghost actually came out before I was born so I don't have all the facts. But the shows I saw in the 80s were lame and ripped off. As far as Homelander goes IDK about that it doesn't rip anything off from Superman does it.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Klowneer View Post
    It was a ruination to me. Maybe I should been more specific, Everything Space Ghost had was ripped form Batman. Space Ghost actually came out before I was born so I don't have all the facts. But the shows I saw in the 80s were lame and ripped off. As far as Homelander goes IDK about that it doesn't rip anything off from Superman does it.
    But Batman himself was a ripoff.

I can't hate Space Ghost because he had a cool theme and his existence led to Space Ghost: Coast to Coast and Cartoon Planet.

Venture Bros. is what Johnny Quest should've been and could've been and yet was never able to be.

The best things about Ghostbusters were the cartoon (at least the first two seasons) and that old PC game based on Ghostbusters II.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That dish with canned green beans, canned mushroom soup and canned fried onion is truly awful.
    What about that same dish with fresh green beans, homemade cream of mushroom soup and homemade fried onions?

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    But Batman himself was a ripoff.

I can't hate Space Ghost because he had a cool theme and his existence led to Space Ghost: Coast to Coast and Cartoon Planet.

Venture Bros. is what Johnny Quest should've been and could've been and yet was never able to be.

The best things about Ghostbusters were the cartoon (at least the first two seasons) and that old PC game based on Ghostbusters II.
    Yeah maybe I should take back what I said, and give Space Ghost a second chance as an adult. When I was a kid I was a bit too judge mental and angered that it ripped off Batman. Space Ghost was in space like what Aquaman was in water.

BANNED

Watch Space Ghost: Coast to Coast on HBO Max. It was Adult Swim before Adult Swim, the weirdest thing I'd seen on television as a young teen. Real interviews with celebrities (probably some bigger names than they should have gotten, for a late-night deep cable cartoon parody talk show). It's just Space Ghost (no sidekicks) and a few of his enslaved villains forced to work on the show with him. For the episode with Randy Savage playing Space Ghost's grandpa alone worth watching. Couldn't find a full episode on Youtube, but here's a bit where he's giving Rob Zombie the business:

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Watch Space Ghost: Coast to Coast on HBO Max. It was Adult Swim before Adult Swim, the weirdest thing I'd seen on television as a young teen. Real interviews with celebrities (probably some bigger names than they should have gotten, for a late-night deep cable cartoon parody talk show). It's just Space Ghost (no sidekicks) and a few of his enslaved villains forced to work on the show with him. For the episode with Randy Savage playing Space Ghost's grandpa alone worth watching. Couldn't find a full episode on Youtube, but here's a bit where he's giving Rob Zombie the business:

Yep, I was judging Space Ghost too harshly from when I was a kid I never got it off my chest before sometimes I forget that I'm old. I love Randy Savage.
    Space Ghost was never really unpopular everyone watched it but me and even I was forced to watched it at times because everyone else liked it.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Chubby Chadsworth?!?

You don’t like apple pies with apricot marmelade?
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Astonishing Member

Gotta have me some Key Lime. When I dine in a restaurant I can't resist looking for it on the menu.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    You don’t like apple pies with apricot marmelade?
    That pie is only second to meat pies on the list of pies I hate.

Some of these smart home applications are so unnecessary and creepy.

MOST of these smart home applications are so unnecessary and creepy.
    Fixed it for you. Also they are data sources on you for tech companies.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Ultimate Member

I had no interest in DC's Dark Metal and Death Metal events, but now that they're going to do one with real life metal bands, I might check out a couple...

( I did read some of the faux Marvel DM books, but that's another thing...)