Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I to start this by saying I am not attacking artists like Kirby.

I do wonder how much the popularity of an artist like Kirby have to with with this art over the time he was in. Like are newer fans looking back with a sense of nostalgia when looking at him because he did the first Marvel Books and ones that were very popular. I am not saying this of every fan. There are the ones who like him because of his art and I get and respect that. But other artist like Steranko and Romita Sr were so much better then then him in my opinion.
    Kirby is good and have talent and I respect what he did in the industry I just dont understand why people get attacked or belittled because they say he is not the best.
    Last edited by babyblob; 09-24-2020 at 07:06 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Extraordinary Member

Unpopular opinions?

The best Star Wars movies were the prequels. Whiny Darth Vader was the best. Or maybe horrible little kid Vader. Thor Darkworld was the best Marvel movie, followed closely by Iron Man 2. Captain Terrell was the best captain in any Star Trek movie. But the first movie was the best. Lance Armstrong was a cycling god and honest man. Chocolate is disgusting. So is beer.

Do those work?

Unpopular opinions.

Brats are better than hot dogs.

The internet cannot shame people into changing.

Rey wasn't a Mary Sue. She was just badly written.

The Big Bang Theory wasn't that bad of a show. People don't like it because of social media groupthink and Youtube video essays.

Archie's New/Mighty Crusaders are actually interesting, but they barely get a chance.

Monster Hunter Stories was the best pokemon game on the 3DS, and I'm glad its getting a sequel.

Speaking of which, Pokemon has been stale since Gen 5.

Productive hobbies that aren't just consumption of media need to come back into style.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I to start this by saying I am not attacking artists like Kirby.

I do wonder how much the popularity of an artist like Kirby have to with with this art over the time he was in. Like are newer fans looking back with a sense of nostalgia when looking at him because he did the first Marvel Books and ones that were very popular. I am not saying this of every fan. There are the ones who like him because of his art and I get and respect that. But other artist like Steranko and Romita Sr were so much better then then him in my opinion.
    Kirby is good and have talent and I respect what he did in the industry I just dont understand why people get attacked or belittled because they say he is not the best.
    Talk to Romita and Steranko, they will tell you they learned everything about comis storytelling from Kirby. Who is being belittled? I have only seen foxley claim Kirby fans have "drunk to kool ade". Is disagreeing with a negative assessment of Kirby belittling?
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Talk to Romita and Steranko, they will tell you they learned everything about comis storytelling from Kirby. Who is being belittled? I have only seen foxley claim Kirby fans have "drunk to kool ade". Is disagreeing with a negative assessment of Kirby belittling?
    I never said you were belittling him. I should have made that celar that is my fault. But I have seen many Kirby fans belittle those who dont like Kirby. Adn thats fine that they learned from Kirby. But I still think they are better.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by foxley View Post
    No. I am not saying you are delusional. But, in my experience, Kirby seems to have a following whose devotion borders on the cult-like. Any attempt to criticize any aspect of his work is meet with a barrage of vehement defence, telling the critic why they are wrong.

Surely if Kirby's genius is so obvious and undeniable, my single dissenting voice cannot harm his reputation. So why, on a thread called Unpopular Opinions, feel to need to tell me why I am wrong, and why Kirby is identical to Picasso?
    First, you knew you would get pushback, so don't play coy. Second, name a genius in comics or art who doesn't have detractors.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Brats are better than hot dogs.
    Not sure it's unpopular. Hot dogs are just cheap and nostalgic childhood attachments and knockoffs of brats.

Got a bunch of brats cooking, as I type this.

The Big Bang Theory wasn't that bad of a show. People don't like it because of social media groupthink and Youtube video essays.
    Everyone I know loves Big Bang Theory.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Unpopular opinions?

The best Star Wars movies were the prequels. Whiny Darth Vader was the best. Or maybe horrible little kid Vader. Thor Darkworld was the best Marvel movie, followed closely by Iron Man 2. Captain Terrell was the best captain in any Star Trek movie. But the first movie was the best. Lance Armstrong was a cycling god and honest man. Chocolate is disgusting. So is beer.

Do those work?
    Vader is best when he's a 2-dimensional cardboard fist-shaker. Trying to make him "faux deep" was just a mistake. And that was worse than anything about Jar Jar. Star Wars is Luke's story. Period.
    Last edited by MyriVerse; 09-26-2020 at 11:46 AM.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

The Boys kind of feels like it doesn't really have a message, but plenty of people claim it does.

I don't think this is unpopular. It is in fact far more the popular opinion according to the ratings this show put up, even in its waning years, and the huge cultural touchstone it was. There's just loud communities of comedy snobs that are easy to find that **** on it. But they're the minority in all reality.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Overhazard View Post
    Unpopular opinion.

I LOVED BBT and consider it a documentary. Some people in fandom don't care for it because it picks on some of the lack of social graces some fans have. But so many of the events in that show have been situations my friends and I have been in. Even the wilder plots are situations that we would have done, if we could. In school I was Sheldon. I freely admit it and although many of them say things like "you weren't that bad", the people in my HS graduating class see it.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I LOVED BBT and consider it a documentary. Some people in fandom don't care for it because it picks on some of the lack of social graces some fans have. But so many of the events in that show have been situations my friends and I have been in. Even the wilder plots are situations that we would have done, if we could. In school I was Sheldon. I freely admit it and although many of them say things like "you weren't that bad", the people in my HS graduating class see it.
    When do you get your Nobel Prize?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    The Boys kind of feels like it doesn't really have a message, but plenty of people claim it does.
    Yeah, and some people maintain that the Matrix trilogy is really deep, and well-written, too.

The Boys does not have a message. And the Matrix is terrible. And also is not deep, at all.

Edit: The first Matrix movie was a decent action movie. It just got progressively worse as the trilogy continued.
    Be kind to me, or treat me mean
    I'll make the most of it, I'm an extraordinary machine

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Allen View Post
    Yeah, and some people maintain that the Matrix trilogy is really deep, and well-written, too.

The Boys does not have a message. And the Matrix is terrible. And also is not deep, at all.

Edit: The first Matrix movie was a decent action movie. It just got progressively worse as the trilogy continued.
    I'd say The Boys does have a message about the dangers of celebrity worship and corruption within government and corporations. Admittedly, how it delivers that message might leave a lot to be desired for some people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    When do you get your Nobel Prize?
    How do you know I don't already have one?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    How do you know I don't already have one?
    Did you create a man-frog hybrid?