Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Boisterously Confused

[QUOTE=babyblob;5239636]
    Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post

I mean if you are going to use logic to poke holes in all of my statements I am just going to have to quit posting.
    Well. I will continue to poke, but for Ghu's Sake don't go away. We need positives like you to offset jerks like me.

[QUOTE=DrNewGod;5239651]
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post

Well. I will continue to poke, but for Ghu's Sake don't go away. We need positives like you to offset jerks like me.
    I was of course joking I couldnt give this place up. And you have never been a jerk with me. Any comment aimed at me or my posts have been positive.

On a more series note. I can understand if they had tech to make them not able to be recorded on camera. Didnt the Xmen have something like that going on once? But how does Spiderman avoid 30 smartphones help by obnoxious teenagers in Times Square as he beats the crap out of Doc Ock? I mean with all the tech around it would be easy to to trace Spideys path and see where he started and ended his trip and kind of see who was around that area and things like that.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post

I was of course joking I couldnt give this place up. And you have never been a jerk with me. Any comment aimed at me or my posts have been positive.

On a more series note. I can understand if they had tech to make them not able to be recorded on camera. Didnt the Xmen have something like that going on once? But how does Spiderman avoid 30 smartphones help by obnoxious teenagers in Times Square as he beats the crap out of Doc Ock? I mean with all the tech around it would be easy to to trace Spideys path and see where he started and ended his trip and kind of see who was around that area and things like that.
    Spidey is one that's best protected. He's costumed from head to toe. Green Arrow now?

Yeah, we got to do some hard pretending on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Every action by Deadpool was because of Vanessa.
    Even if that were so, everything without her is far more interesting.

Invincible Member

I liked Vanessa in the first Deadpool movie, but in the second one, she was reduced to a "sexy lamp".

I think it was Kelly Sue Deconnick who coined the term but basically if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the plot doesn't change much, you might want to rethink her.

If your criticism of a male character involves calling them a "simp", "eunuch", "cuck" or any other term that can be found on an incel forum, you suck.

If your criticism of female characters involves calling them "men in drag", talking about "resting bitch-face" or complaining about a war on femininity because they don't have HHH cups or clothing that is essentially dental floss, you also suck.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    We're okay with gravity-immunity being a thing but not street cam-evasion? Com'on man.
    Suspension of disbelief doesn't have to apply to everything.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 11-19-2020 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    If your criticism of a male character involves calling them a "simp", "eunuch", "cuck" or any other term that can be found on an incel forum, you suck.

If your criticism of female characters involves calling them "men in drag", talking about "resting bitch-face" or complaining about a war on femininity because they don't have HHH cups or clothing that is essentially dental floss, you also suck.

Suspension of disbelief doesn't have to apply to everything.
    That pair don't really strike me as "Controversial..."

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    That pair don't really strike me as "Controversial..."
    It shouldn't be but unfortunately too many people on the Internet don't think so. I'm not even talking about the likes you'd see on 4chan or reddit's more openly bigoted subreddits. Even supposedly well-meaning, fairly progressive people fall into this trap.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

It shouldn't be but unfortunately too many people on the Internet don't think so. I'm not even talking about the likes you'd see on 4chan or reddit's more openly bigoted subreddits. Even supposedly well-meaning, fairly progressive people fall into this trap.
    Just spend time in more happy places. Its not that difficult

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Yep.

You gotta know when it's time to pull an Abe Simpson.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I try. Believe me, I try.

Quote Originally Posted by ed2962 View Post
    I liked Vanessa in the first Deadpool movie, but in the second one, she was reduced to a "sexy lamp".

I think it was Kelly Sue Deconnick who coined the term but basically if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the plot doesn't change much, you might want to rethink her.
    The entire plot of the movie was generated spoilers:
    by Vanessa's death
    end of spoilers. I doubt the same thing happening to a lamp would do the same. She had a limited but pivotal role in the movie.

So what is it? People don't like "the mushy stuff"?
    Last edited by Kirby101; 11-20-2020 at 06:59 AM.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

I try. Believe me, I try.
    Yeah, I know what you mean

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    The entire plot of the movie was generated spoilers:
    by Vanessa's death
    end of spoilers. I doubt the same thing happening to a lamp would do the same. She had a limited but pivotal role in the movie.

So what is it? People don't like "the mushy stuff"?
    If you replace Vanessa with a lost puppy or My Dead Dad's lost gold watch, almost 90 percent of the movie still works.

It's not that I don't like the mushy stuff, I think that it was underused in the 2nd movie.

Retired

Yeah I really hated seeing Morena Baccarin turned into a plot device to bookend the movie. I guess she wasn't available or they didn't want to pay her to actually be an active character in the movie. Really killed my interest in that movie.