Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    BANNED

Wokeness is good actually, since the implicit alternative is just to remain willfully blind to the problematic aspects of older movies and continue to copy those same themes and storylines, and who wants that? What is troubling to me is just how many people seem to have build up an entire identity around being a fan of commercialized mass media products. Pretty much everyone has seen Star Wars and it has probably had some impact on all of our lives, but to center your entire life around that fandom and to give up on growing as a person in a futile attempt to recreate the exact conditions of your childhood where you first fell in love with that movie, that's not something you should be proud to admit.

Astonishing Member

Americans care too much about “realism”.

People complain that wrestling is fake, I say “so what?” to them.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Americans care too much about “realism”.

People complain that wrestling is fake, I say “so what?” to them.
    As someone who consumes a lot of American media, I don't think Americans are particularly obsessed with realism. And I say this as someone who isn't American.

I think people pointing out that wrestling is fake are just deliberately going for low-hanging fruit much of the time. Mind you, the injuries and health problems these wrestlers deal with is all too real.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    As someone who consumes a lot of American media, I don't think Americans are particularly obsessed with realism. And I say this as someone who isn't American.

I think people pointing out that wrestling is fake are just deliberately going for low-hanging fruit much of the time. Mind you, the injuries and health problems these wrestlers deal with is all too real.
    Yeah but doesn't the fact that people end up wrecking their bodies and brains just to put on a glorified carnival show make it even more senseless? The one thing that distinguished wrestling from just any other form of stage fighting was that the wrestlers are doing a lot more real damage to each other in an effort to fool the audience into thinking that they're in a real fight, as opposed to just being glorified stuntmen, but given that the industry doesn't even bother trying to maintain kayfabe anymore, are all those concussions really necessary? Frankly this is one industry that I wouldn't mind just seeing die out completely, we already know all the horror stories of formerly big stars that have suffered after their careers have ended, so just think about how many people the business has chewed up and spit out without anyone ever knowing who they were?

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

I keep seeing these morning talk shows do a list. Favorite Thanksgiving Side Dishes, Best Thanksgiving food. And it bugs me all to Hell to see Gravy on that list. Gravy is not a freaken food. it is a condiment at best. we would not call Chicken broth or ketchup a favorite food or side dish. I never see anyone eating a big bowl of gravy by itself. Bugs the crap out of me and people just need to stop!

As you can see the things I think about are world ending problems.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I keep seeing these morning talk shows do a list. Favorite Thanksgiving Side Dishes, Best Thanksgiving food. And it bugs me all to Hell to see Gravy on that list. Gravy is not a freaken food. it is a condiment at best. we would not call Chicken broth or ketchup a favorite food or side dish. I never see anyone eating a big bowl of gravy by itself. Bugs the crap out of me and people just need to stop!

As you can see the things I think about are world ending problems.
    Reagan did have ketchup designated as a vegetable for school lunch programs. So a big bowl of gravy can be a side dish.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Reagan did have ketchup designated as a vegetable for school lunch programs. So a big bowl of gravy can be a side dish.
    When you have to go to Regan to make a point it is a big swing and a miss
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

When you have to go to Regan to make a point it is a big swing and a miss
    That big grin at the end meant it was a joke.

That dish with canned green beans, canned mushroom soup and canned fried onion is truly awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    That big grin at the end meant it was a joke.
    I know that. I was just goofing around.

And I agree I Hate that Green Bean dish. kind of looks like bird poop.

I also dont understand why people put the dressing in the Turkey. its like I want to hear on Thanksgiving "Who wants a big plate of ass bread!."

I know that. I was just goofing around.

And I agree I Hate that Green Bean dish. kind of looks like bird poop.

I also dont understand why people put the dressing in the Turkey. its like I want to hear on Thanksgiving "Who wants a big plate of ass bread!."
    It is actually dangerous. It gets contaminated and often not hot enough to kill the germs. Cook stuffing outside the bird people!

Retired

You put dressing or something else (like say an onion) inside the cavity to help the bird roast more evenly throughout and to infuse the meat with some flavour--perhaps something savoury. If you want to throw out the dressing or the onion or the apple after you're done, then that's totally your call. But don't come crying to me if your turkey is still frozen on the inside because you made a poor of job or roasting the beast. Also remember to remove the bag (with the innards) from inside the bird when you're preparing it, don't roast the bag. Have a good American food poisoning day.

Astonishing Member

I absolutely hate Turkey and Gravy. Duck all the Way!

Space Ghost was unpopular to me, it was Batman In Space his side Kicks where Robin, Batgirl and a Monkey. I have Hated Space Ghost since I was a kid it was an attempt at ruining Batman by taking Batman totally out of character. I never saw him as Space Ghost and the show never appealed to me as a separation from Batman. It was instead a ruination of Batman. IMO