Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PwrdOn View Post
    Yeah but doesn't the fact that people end up wrecking their bodies and brains just to put on a glorified carnival show make it even more senseless? The one thing that distinguished wrestling from just any other form of stage fighting was that the wrestlers are doing a lot more real damage to each other in an effort to fool the audience into thinking that they're in a real fight, as opposed to just being glorified stuntmen, but given that the industry doesn't even bother trying to maintain kayfabe anymore, are all those concussions really necessary? Frankly this is one industry that I wouldn't mind just seeing die out completely, we already know all the horror stories of formerly big stars that have suffered after their careers have ended, so just think about how many people the business has chewed up and spit out without anyone ever knowing who they were?
    Actually, Hollywood stuntmen take a lot of injuries including concussions. The difference is wrestlers often get no time to recover and are aggravating injuries constantly. The steroids controversy kind of hid the worse danger which was pain killers.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Klowneer View Post
    Space Ghost was unpopular to me, it was Batman In Space his side Kicks where Robin, Batgirl and a Monkey. I have Hated Space Ghost since I was a kid it was an attempt at ruining Batman by taking Batman totally out of character. I never saw him as Space Ghost and the show never appealed to me as a separation from Batman. It was instead a ruination of Batman. IMO
    I read an interview with Alex Toth that Space Ghost was the character he liked the least of all the characters he did a visual design for. The Power Bands and all were great and the sidekicks that almost all Hanna-Barbara characters had. But they literally slapped down a photo of Adam West as Batman and said that's what they wanted, just far enough removed to not be legally actionable. So the mask was basically just Batman without the ears. He did insist that most of the costume had to be white because he's a ghost and the cape was see-through for the same reason. The Power Bands were the utility belt. The Phantom Cruiser was the Batmobile and the Batplane. The Ghost Planet was the Batcave.

Toth himself made it clear he didn't like it because he was quite capable of being original but William Hanna and Joseph Barbara forced him to be so derivative on this one and he needed the work.

Quote Originally Posted by CSTowle View Post
    Watch Space Ghost: Coast to Coast on HBO Max. It was Adult Swim before Adult Swim, the weirdest thing I'd seen on television as a young teen. Real interviews with celebrities (probably some bigger names than they should have gotten, for a late-night deep cable cartoon parody talk show). It's just Space Ghost (no sidekicks) and a few of his enslaved villains forced to work on the show with him. For the episode with Randy Savage playing Space Ghost's grandpa alone worth watching. Couldn't find a full episode on Youtube, but here's a bit where he's giving Rob Zombie the business:

Yeah, although Alex Toth didn't like it, I loved it. I grew up on the 1960s Space Ghost. As a kid, I never even saw the connection to Batman. I see now that almost every major element was inspired by Batman except the outer space part. Still, derivative doesn't equal bad.

Cheshire should be treated with the same amount of sympathy that Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy get these days.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Cheshire should be treated with the same amount of sympathy that Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy get these days.
    None at all?

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    None at all?
    Eh, they get plenty sympathy.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    None at all?
    If Harley didnt get any sympathy she would not have hung out with Wonder Woman and the Justice league and just walked away.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Christopher Reeves Superman was one of the most boring movies I have ever seen
    Really? That's one of the most boring movies you've ever seen? That and not something actually stupid like the 40 Year Old Virgin?

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    Really? That's one of the most boring movies you've ever seen? That and not something actually stupid like the 40 Year Old Virgin?
    I didnt make it through the 40 Year old virgin. it was dumb as Hell. Dumb and boring are no the same. Superman is an action hero. And I get that they wanted to build character and all that. Fine but I was just put to sleep in the first 20 minutes.

I get some people like it. Everyones tastes in movies are different. I just dont get the hype.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheRay View Post
    If I want boring, I'll watch Yawn of Justice again.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

Yes, not liking Superman the Movie or 40 Year Old Virgin are not popular opinions.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by C_Miller View Post
    What about that same dish with fresh green beans, homemade cream of mushroom soup and homemade fried onions?
    That's "green bean casserole" and I didn't get to eat it until much later in life. I actually found it tasty but thought it was odd at the same time, the ingredients as you listed just didn't make sense to me combined and I wondered if this was just some random Frenches recipe that for some reason people decided to make festive and even a must like apple pie. Which ever it worked and these people made a fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    That pie is only second to meat pies on the list of pies I hate.
    Would "Shepards pie" count? People seem to love it around here...(ugh) now a chicken pot pie... yum.

I didnt make it through the 40 Year old virgin. it was dumb as Hell. Dumb and boring are no the same. Superman is an action hero. And I get that they wanted to build character and all that. Fine but I was just put to sleep in the first 20 minutes.

I get some people like it. Everyones tastes in movies are different. I just dont get the hype.
    I agree about "40 year old virgin" but the other? No...... Anyway the film spectrum just broke with those mismatched films.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 03-14-2021 at 12:26 AM.

Yes, we know that already. This goes without saying.

What hype? It's a movie that the majority of people found very, very funny and liked the characters. When they say they found it very, very funny and liked the characters, it's not hype, just their view of the film. This does not mean you have to find it funny or like the characters.
    Hype is when someone says the Snyder JL cut will change movies forever. Or that Cats will be the biggest movie musical.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    What hype? It's a movie that the majority of people found very, very funny and liked the characters. When they say they found it very, very funny and liked the characters, it's not hype, just their view of the film. This does not mean you have to find it funny or like the characters.
    Hype is when someone says the Snyder JL cut will change movies forever. Or that Cats will be the biggest movie musical.
    I was talkinh more the hype for Superman not 40 year old. When ever I hear people talk about it they act like it is the greatest film ever made blah blah..