Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RockyHorror View Post
    Yes and he's a completely different character than Thanos. But in Ant Man, he serves the same purpose as Ronan. He doesn't come close to serving the same purpose as Thanos.

Like I said before, Kang is a way to bring scale to the movie without substance to the MCU.
    If that's really how they're going to use him, which it's probably too early to tell either way, than what a waste of a character it would be.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If that's really how they're going to use him, which it's probably too early to tell either way, than what a waste of a character it would be.
    Kang allegedly being the main villain and pitted against Ant-Man and the Wasp is already a waste of a character even before i have seen the movie. Nothing Peyton Reed has done in the MCU will ever convince me that he can do anything that is interesting

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Kang allegedly being the main villain and pitted against Ant-Man and the Wasp is already a waste of a character even before i have seen the movie. Nothing Peyton Reed has done in the MCU will ever convince me that he can do anything that is interesting
    I liked how he managed to create a little corner in the MCU for Ant-Man and giving the character his own "lore". Who would have done that for a character like Ant-man?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I liked how he managed to create a little corner in the MCU for Ant-Man and giving the character his own "lore". Who would have done that for a character like Ant-man?
    And let's face it. Being the main villain in Ant Man is more than that character deserves on the big screen.

Ant-Man sometimes feels more like Spider-Man than MCU Spider-Man does.
    And let's face it. Being the main villain in Ant Man is more than that character deserves on the big screen.
    Do you really not like Kang...?

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I don't blame anybody for not liking Kang. His presence alone could potentially make a story needlessly contrived. Nothing is ever simple when he's involved.

I don't blame anybody for not liking Kang. His presence alone could potentially make a story needlessly contrived. Nothing is ever simple when he's involved.
    Admittedly there was a lot of time travel headache in Endgame...

BANNED

Ant-Man sometimes feels more like Spider-Man than MCU Spider-Man does.

Nah he's fine. In fact I think the first avengers comic I ever read was Kang's first appearance.

But as an Avengers-level threat, let alone a Thanos-level threat, he's more than a little contrived. He'll do very well as an Ant Man foe, however.

Nah he's fine. In fact I think the first avengers comic I ever read was Kang's first appearance.

But as an Avengers-level threat, let alone a Thanos-level threat, he's more than a little contrived. He'll do very well as an Ant Man foe, however.
    I don't think he really fits Ant-Man thematically or conceptually. A time travelling conqueror seems like a bigger fit for Earth's Mightiest Heroes.

Ultimate Member

I don't think he really fits Ant-Man thematically or conceptually. A time travelling conqueror seems like a bigger fit for Earth's Mightiest Heroes.
    He'll probably be like Thanos in Guardians. He send a top thug to deal with the guy who broke into his realm, and things go from there

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    He'll probably be like Thanos in Guardians. He send a top thug to deal with the guy who broke into his realm, and things go from there
    Maybe he's using AIM?

Maybe he's using AIM?
    I just want MODOK.

He'd be perfect for Ant-Man.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I just want MODOK.

He'd be perfect for Ant-Man.
    Would he? I dunno, most of the humor would come from mocking his disfigurement, and that's kinda frowned on these days

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Would he? I dunno, most of the humor would come from mocking his disfigurement, and that's kinda frowned on these days
    The absurdity of a floating head writes itself. No need to mock.

*Everyone being serious about MODOK*

Lang: "Doesn't anybody want to talk about the fact we're fighting a talking head?"
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium