Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Ant-Man 3: News and Rumors

Well, we have the first news of casting in the next Ant-Man movie:

Marvel's Ant-Man 3 Casts Jonathan Majors in Major Role

From the article, the rumor is that Majors will be playing Kang the Conqueror. Which is significant for one character in particular- Cassie.

In the Young Avengers comics, Cassie Lang and Iron Lad had a mutual attraction. It was later revealed that Iron Lad was, in fact, a teenage Kang. So by bringing in an adult Kang here, I wonder if they will use Ant Man 3 to set up the Young Avengers- either for a movie of their own, or perhaps a Disney+ show.

Kang seems way too big for an Ant-Man movie.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Eh, he could work. He would play into the time travel enabled by the Pym particles, and as long as Scott only wins by the skin of his teeth, he'd still be credible.

Sounds like they still want a big team in AM3.

Young Avengers could be fine.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

it makes sense to bring Kang into The MCU with all the time travel fun of End Game. But in an Ant Man Movie? I mean Kang should be a major threat and to see him lose to Ant man and The Young Avengers (If they go there e in AM3) would be a huge missed opportunity for a badd ass villain.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Eh, he could work. He would play into the time travel enabled by the Pym particles, and as long as Scott only wins by the skin of his teeth, he'd still be credible.
    I get the time travel aspect, but they need to be really careful establishing Kang so that you can still have him believably as a threat for an entire Avengers roster if they're using him correctly and not as yet another one-off MCU villain.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

It's super weird to debut a major character like Kang debut in Ant-Man which is small scale compared to the rest of the MCU. I get that's where the time travel element was initially introduced but Scott will be punching above his weight class.

if or when something is officially announced, very cool.

for whatever it's worth, I doubt that Kang would be used like Darren Cross or the Walton Goggins character. My guess is a bigger arc related to the quantum realm is in the works.

Thanos had a lackey job out to the Guardians first time, correct?

That ended pretty well.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    if or when something is officially announced, very cool.

for whatever it's worth, I doubt that Kang would be used like Darren Cross or the Walton Goggins character. My guess is a bigger arc related to the quantum realm is in the works.
    We never found out who his mysterious benefactor was in Ant-Man and the Wasp. Think that Kang was the one behind him?

Maybe they'll do to Kang what they did to Thanos. Have him be the one pulling the strings behind the scenes, but introduce him at the end of Ant Man 3 in a post-credits scene.

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Maybe they'll do to Kang what they did to Thanos. Have him be the one pulling the strings behind the scenes, but introduce him at the end of Ant Man 3 in a post-credits scene.
    That's what I was referencing in my post.

He might not even be the bad guy. fullstop.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, they can just shrink him down too with the good old Pym Particles!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    We never found out who his mysterious benefactor was in Ant-Man and the Wasp. Think that Kang was the one behind him?
    I don't recall that he had any backer. He was simply greedy, and wanted the Pym's tech so that he could sell it.

Owen Wilson's character in Loki was rumroed to be Kang at one point. Ill belive it when I see it.