Mighty Member

Default HBO MAX CEO comments

https://www.cbr.com/warner-bros-ceo-...x-disney-plus/

Is there any truth to this? I haven't subbed to HBO MAX yet but as a lover of both DC and MCU Marvel at least for the moment D+ has the edge in putting out new content faster. Star Wars content was slower this year but 2022 output I think will be more. HBO MAX's 2021 year has been an ongoing slate of announcements of COMING IN 2023-24!! NEW DC CONTENT!!. Young Justice I remembered being announced summer 2020 coming out in 2021 and it didn't come out till Oct/Nov. But when it comes to variety of more mature content, HBO probably has the edge, unless one has both D+ and Hulu or D+ and Star abroad.

Faster? Not counting dc universe and cw stuff not made for hbo max like doom patrol, flash and harley quin they have--jla synder cut, aquaman gumball cartoon, young justice new season (or was that a dc universe series?) and---? Anything else?

Edit--i think doom patrol and harley new seasons would count so jla synder cut, harley, aquaman gumball, young justice, doom patrol for hbo max?)

Disney plus in a year has (not counting non made for disney plus stuff like future avengers and big hero 6 the series)--wandavision, loki, hawkeye, what if, simpsons marvel short, some behind the scenes shows, falcon. (not sure if those preschool marvel shows were made for disney plus so didn't list them)
    Last edited by Gaastra; 12-16-2021 at 07:01 PM.

Yet they’re not on either of those services level. I only watch raised by wolves on HBO it really doesn’t have much to watch imo…

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/warner-bros-ceo-...x-disney-plus/

Is there any truth to this? I haven't subbed to HBO MAX yet but as a lover of both DC and MCU Marvel at least for the moment D+ has the edge in putting out new content faster. Star Wars content was slower this year but 2022 output I think will be more. HBO MAX's 2021 year has been an ongoing slate of announcements of COMING IN 2023-24!! NEW DC CONTENT!!. Young Justice I remembered being announced summer 2020 coming out in 2021 and it didn't come out till Oct/Nov. But when it comes to variety of more mature content, HBO probably has the edge, unless one has both D+ and Hulu or D+ and Star abroad.
    This is the Warner Bros. CEO, not the DC Entertainment CEO. HBO Max has a lot of stuff constantly on there between the HBO releases like Succession and Insecure along with their original series and the DC stuff

Half of Warner Brothers 2022 movie slate will be exclusive theater only releases and the other will be HBOMAX releases including two Steve Soderbergh movies. Warner will scrap its 2021 day and date releases, but will do a half and half strategy instead. One movie already announced for HBOMax is Magic Mike 3, even though the first two movie did well at the box office.
    The theaters only releases will be mainly be DC and big budget movies over 50 million movie. The lower budget movies will premiere exclusively on HBOMax.
    Last edited by tarbabe; 12-16-2021 at 11:00 PM.