Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kang seems way too big for an Ant-Man movie.
    Peyton Reed has been talking up how the scale of ant- man 3 will be bigger.

Rumours of the young avengers and Pym particles time travel capabilities make a reasonable cause for Kang to appear. Kang also had a history of trolling Hank Pym in the comics.

Kang also uses growing men who have similar size changing powers as pym particle users
    Last edited by chamber-music; 09-14-2020 at 01:16 PM.

www.taurianfilms.com KabutoRyder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Thanos had a lackey job out to the Guardians first time, correct?

That ended pretty well.
    so you want Kang to be a lackey? or no? confused.

I remember a lot of fan speculation we'd be getting AIM/MODOK as the main villains, which seems more reasonable thank Kang, but I guess it depends what the creators want to do.

Whoever they get to play Kang in the MCU, whether this rumor is right or wrong, should go on to play Krang in the TMNT reboot. The jokes write themselves, it's just one letter off.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I remember a lot of fan speculation we'd be getting AIM/MODOK as the main villains, which seems more reasonable thank Kang, but I guess it depends what the creators want to do.
    I think that Modok and Aim would fit better with Antman. I would rather see him then Kang. Kang as the MCU Big bad. And Modok in Antman.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    I think that Modok and Aim would fit better with Antman. I would rather see him then Kang. Kang as the MCU Big bad. And Modok in Antman.
    Just cause Kang is in the movie doesn't mean he's the main villian and antman stops him. He could simply just make a small appearance like Thanos in GOTG. Maybe just show up and warn Lang. You changed everything and now the worlds gonna end. Fix it or I will. MODOK and AiM can still be the bad guys. MODOK could still be the Benefactor mentioned before. Or someone else and MoDOK works for them. I know Doom and Osbourne( Assuming Sony and Marvel worked something long term out) have been rumored to be the Benefactor.

BANNED

I think a lot of folks here are over-evaluating the value of Kang. I see him being done like Mandarin in IM3, and that seems just about right. Lang ain't no Doom (yes, I understand the irony of that). Kind of a comic version of Mysterio.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyHorror View Post
    I think a lot of folks here are over-evaluating the value of Kang. I see him being done like Mandarin in IM3, and that seems just about right. Lang ain't no Doom (yes, I understand the irony of that). Kind of a comic version of Mysterio.
    Mandarin is a Ironman bad guy. Kang is a team level threat. Avengers or F4. Now if they do full blown young Avengers then i might be OK with that. And honestly I'd be fine with Kang just being a tool to introduce Maestro. Endgame went another way and left us with a much lesser version of Hulk. Id be down with Maestro being the big bad for next Avengers film. Id prefer that over Kang but he could be cool too if they do him right. Though might feel weird fighting Kang with No Ironman to be an awe of his tech.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyHorror View Post
    I think that's really underselling Kang.

Astonishing Member chamber-music's Avatar

I don't think Kang will be the primary villain in Ant-Man 3 if he appears. It will probably be more of an Avengers Thanos type situation with Kang pulling the strings of another villain and setting the stage for him to be the next big ongoing threat across the next phase of movies.

Perhaps Kang manipulates MODOK and AIM into creating a situation that would allow him to easily conqueror the planet.

Astonishing Member

They might be building up Kang, Loki didn't fight the Avengers until after what he did in Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
    I don't think Kang will be the primary villain in Ant-Man 3 if he appears. It will probably be more of an Avengers Thanos type situation with Kang pulling the strings of another villain and setting the stage for him to be the next big ongoing threat across the next phase of movies.

Perhaps Kang manipulates MODOK and AIM into creating a situation that would allow him to easily conqueror the planet.
    Kinda makes sense he would appear first in the movie with the guy who first traveled through time. But is it confirmed he's for sure Kang? Cause not that long ago there was crap saying Owen Wilsons character would be Kang in Loki. I feel like Loki or Antman are the places that makes sense to first introduce the character. Iono how much of Loki was done filming but I wouldn't be surprised if he makes a cameo there. Or at least is heavily referenced.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

I am wondering if they wanted MODOK and AIM but Marvel realized between them being in Marvel's Avengers and that Hulu cartoon they were in danger of overusing the character? I dunno. I know I want Monica Rappicini in the MCU sooner or later...

Extraordinary Member

People do realize that it’s heavily implied that Kang’s base city Chronopolis in the future is located in the Microverse (basically the Quantum Realm)? There’s already been concept art for the last film showing a city in the Quantum Realm. 99% certain this is the direction they are going.

Plus this isn’t without precedent. Loki’s first role was in Thor, Thanos was a tease at the end of Avengers but his first full appearance was Guardians of the Galaxy.

My guess is we get a big Quantum Realm adventure where AntMan must undermine Kang in Chronopolis and that leads to time travel shenanigans that gets him involved in Phase 4. Time travel was just tied to the AntMan characters anyways. In fact if they play their cards right they can do some wacky time travel stuff and change timelines (ala Flashpoint) a bit so they can pull another Iron Man and Cap out the way they did with Gamora. So that in like 5-7 years they can begin Phase 5 reloaded after giving the retired actors an appropriate sendoff.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I am wondering if they wanted MODOK and AIM but Marvel realized between them being in Marvel's Avengers and that Hulu cartoon they were in danger of overusing the character? I dunno. I know I want Monica Rappicini in the MCU sooner or later...
    I know Agents of SHIELD was barred from using MODOK (presumably because they had plans for him in the movies).
    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    People do realize that it’s heavily implied that Kang’s base city Chronopolis in the future is located in the Microverse (basically the Quantum Realm)? There’s already been concept art for the last film showing a city in the Quantum Realm. 99% certain this is the direction they are going.

Plus this isn’t without precedent. Loki’s first role was in Thor, Thanos was a tease at the end of Avengers but his first full appearance was Guardians of the Galaxy.

My guess is we get a big Quantum Realm adventure where AntMan must undermine Kang in Chronopolis and that leads to time travel shenanigans that gets him involved in Phase 4. Time travel was just tied to the AntMan characters anyways. In fact if they play their cards right they can do some wacky time travel stuff and change timelines (ala Flashpoint) a bit so they can pull another Iron Man and Cap out the way they did with Gamora. So that in like 5-7 years they can begin Phase 5 reloaded after giving the retired actors an appropriate sendoff.
    Loki is Thor's Archenemy though, it makes sense he'd be the main villain of the first Thor movie.