Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    X-Men has a team?
    Before any info was released, it put out a cover with an assortment of characters. I was just comparing situations for when a person sees one and then sees the other.

Warpath is more than enough man

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Well thats simply not true

1. The original New Mutants lineup was largely female heavy for the entirety of Claremont's run
    2. There was that all female X-men book
    3. Original Excalibur
    4. Outback X-men
    5. Uncanny X-Force (Storm's team)
    6. Roadtrip X-Force
    7. This New Mutants
    8. X-men Gold (Iceman's team)
    9. X-treme X-men's launch lineup
    10. Generation X Shockwave
    11. Uncanny X-men X-tinction team
    12. X-men v3 Regenesis
    13. X-men Red
    14. Generation Hope Regenesis

Im sure there are more that I havent thought of

He comes from an alien race that has no gender. There's just one but he was assigned he pronouns by the kids when he landed on Earth. Pronouns and gender identity were foreign to him prior to that
    Ok I'll grant you that I over-exaggerated. Outback X-Men were even though. The all-female X-Men team was actually the one I was thinking about. And it allows me to make another point. When it's all females, it's a female X-Men team. When it's an all male superhero group, it's just a team. That is the mentality I want us to stray away from. So when there's a team with only one male, it shouldn't need being "fixed" or "better proportioned".

I still stand by my point though that it's fallacy to say that male-dominated teams face any kind of backlash. Take Avengers in the MCU as the gold standard of visibility. Avengers(2012) had five males and 1 female. Obviously people noticed, but was there any significant call to fix that? Avenegers: AoU (2015) - 9 male Avengers, 2 female.

They have of course improved over the years. But mostly by their own choice.
    Last edited by superjosh; 09-15-2020 at 03:46 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Personally...I don't care one bit about the ratio of men to women...I never have, I never will. I love the characters presented and I hope Vita writes them very well and Rod illustrates them beauty-fully... that's all that matters.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Well thats simply not true

1. The original New Mutants lineup was largely female heavy for the entirety of Claremont's run
    2. There was that all female X-men book
    3. Original Excalibur
    4. Outback X-men
    5. Uncanny X-Force (Storm's team)
    6. Roadtrip X-Force
    7. This New Mutants
    8. X-men Gold (Iceman's team)
    9. X-treme X-men's launch lineup
    10. Generation X Shockwave
    11. Uncanny X-men X-tinction team
    12. X-men v3 Regenesis
    13. X-men Red
    14. Generation Hope Regenesis

Im sure there are more that I havent thought of
    And to add, besides New Mutants and Excalibur (GOOD for them, really), that's not exactly a strong showing. A lot of those teams were short-lived or barely even teams. Temporary team during X-Tinction Agenda? Iceman's team during Gold? One modern X-Force team out of how many? 6 line-ups?

CC did his part, I agree, since he did Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Treme and created many of the great female X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    Ok I'll grant you that I over-exaggerated. Outback X-Men were even though. The all-female X-Men team was actually the one I was thinking about. And it allows me to make another point. When it's all females, it's a female X-Men team. When it's an all male superhero group, it's just a team. That is the mentality I want us to stray away from. So when there's a team with only one male, it shouldn't need being "fixed" or "better proportioned".

I still stand by my point though that it's fallacy to say that male-dominated teams face any kind of backlash. Take Avengers in the MCU as the gold standard of visibility. Avengers(2012) had five males and 1 female. Obviously people noticed, but was there any significant call to fix that? Avenegers: AoU (2015) - 9 male Avengers, 2 female.

They have of course improved over the years. But mostly by their own choice.
    Im counting Madelyne Pryor with the X-men during Outback bc she really was a support member. People refer to the all female team as such bc thats what it was. That was the book's gimmick and a mandate for it even when the writers changed on it. There havent been too many all male X-men teams. Yes there's been lopsides but usually there's at least one female there so the term all male team doesnt usually manifest

And to add, besides New Mutants and Excalibur (GOOD for them, really), that's not exactly a strong showing. A lot of those teams were short-lived or barely even teams. Temporary team during X-Tinction Agenda? Iceman's team during Gold? One modern X-Force team out of how many? 6 line-ups?

CC did his part, I agree, since he did Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Treme and created many of the great female X-Men.
    Okay? The point I was making is that it wasnt the 2-3 that you suggested in the entirety of X-history

Im counting Madelyne Pryor with the X-men during Outback bc she really was a support member. People refer to the all female team as such bc thats what it was. That was the book's gimmick and a mandate for it even when the writers changed on it. There havent been too many all male X-men teams. Yes there's been lopsides but usually there's at least one female there so the term all male team doesnt usually manifest

Okay? The point I was making is that it wasnt the 2-3 that you suggested in the entirety of X-history
    Yeah I conceded that point and restated mine.

Madelyne doesn't count in the team line-up. We're talking superheroes in a super-hero book. If you're counting how many F4 members are in F4 you don't include their robot receptionist. (Sorry I don't read F4 lol). And if you want to do it that way, then include Gateway.

I said there have been all-male superhero teams and they just got to exist. The all-female team is marketed that way because of our old way of thinking and my exact point is that we haven't moved past this need because of people questioning female-heavy teams!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    While I'm not a fan of the current writing, I'm a bit confused by everyone's love of Vita Ayala. It seems like moving from one mediocre writer to another. Unless I'm missing something. Has she done something amazing that I haven't read perhaps?

What do you all like about her writing to warrant this kind of virtual jumping up and down for joy?
    I know Vita from Their work on Valiant's Livewire & The Wilds (Black Mask did that one).

If I had to recommend one over the other-try Livewire.

While it's the classic heroine does something to save folks and deals with the consequences-it never got depressing. There is no woe is me for what I did that Aquaman spent the 90s doing and John Stewart seem to deal with.

I would say they do a better job with females centric stuff-I wouldn't worry too much about New Mutants. It will be fine.

I think what happens for a lot of writers is when you deal with characters who have too many hands on them-you can see mediocre to weak writing, Or even fanboy behavior (hi Johns on Green Lantern and probably Bendis on Superman).

Yet when there are fewer hands you can get better writing.

Yeah I conceded that point and restated mine.

Madelyne doesn't count in the team line-up. We're talking superheroes in a super-hero book. If you're counting how many F4 members are in F4 you don't include their robot receptionist. (Sorry I don't read F4 lol). And if you want to do it that way, then include Gateway.

I said there have been all-male superhero teams and they just got to exist. The all-female team is marketed that way because of our old way of thinking and my exact point is that we haven't moved past this need because of people questioning female-heavy teams!
    honestly the only one that seems to have much of a problem here with it is you. While I would love another male, Im still pumped for this book and will read it regardless bc I like the cast and creative team. This really isnt a hill I care to die on as Im really not that passionate about this topic. It was a simple observation on my part. Sorry it disappointed you

honestly the only one that seems to have much of a problem here with it is you. While I would love another male, Im still pumped for this book and will read it regardless bc I like the cast and creative team. This really isnt a hill I care to die on as Im really not that passionate about this topic. It was a simple observation on my part. Sorry it disappointed you
    Wow, using the "only you're offended" gaslighting approach. I think that's actually pretty beneath you. For the record, someone else responded before me right after your first post. But yeah, I don't want to hijack this thread anymore.

Wink

Meh, Warpath is back so I am cool if he is the only male member for now.

You know who would actually be an interesting addition to the team due to their shared history? Kid Cable, who would bring that familiarity and at the same time a completely different way to interact with the rest of the cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    You know who would actually be an interesting addition to the team due to their shared history? Kid Cable, who would bring that familiarity and at the same time a completely different way to interact with the rest of the cast.
    They already did that in X-Force. I dont think they should do it again. Heck it was done with X-man years prior

Extraordinary Member

5 women and 2 men. Its pretty lopsided. I hope there is at least one other male. Jetstream would be a good choice as would Hellion
    QUIET!!!!!

Or else They’ll hear you and then add Glob!!!!!!
    Last edited by Will Evans; 09-15-2020 at 08:29 PM.

They already did that in X-Force. I dont think they should do it again. Heck it was done with X-man years prior
    That was X-Man interacting with X-Force, what I want is Kid Cable interacting with Dani, Magik, Karma, and Ranhe, which we haven't seen before. And I block anything that has to do with X-Man, so that never happened for me.
    Last edited by Technopriest; 09-18-2020 at 04:40 PM.