Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

This is good news!
    -Vita on another book (looks much better than CotA tbh),
    -Gabby is back (give the Honey Badger codename back to her, Scout is terrible!)
    -No more Glob finally!

I’m going to pick this book up again.
    Also hoping that the New X-Men characters will have a chance to show up finally, and all the generations living in the Akademos Habitat.
    Be kind, it's FREE

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The premise of this new iteration sounds closer to what I was expecting the NM DoX run to be initially that somehow fell way short.
    It's New Mutants...give me new, younger mutants and not just have them be wall-paper while one of the Old New Mutants actually get the job done.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Fantastic Member

Good news that Brisson is gone, he was killing this book. Just awful.

Though I'm not sold on the new writer I guess we'll see.

The line up looks okay? I'd rather this be more of the New Mutants so that looks good. Magik is getting really overexposed at this rate.

Still no more Sam and Berto? Can Hickman use them in X-Men or something?

The New X-Men/Academy X/whatever kids need their own book.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I don't follow. It's not like Laura took the name Honey Badger.
    Yeah, me either. And I’m one Wolverine fan who actually wouldn’t have minded Laura keeping the Wolverine codename. I would’ve been fine with him telling her to keep it, and that she’s a better superhero than he ever was. That seems very in character for him to me, as he doesn’t really view himself as “one of the angels.” He’d just go by Logan, though he’d have a new bunch of villains right out of the gate who keep referring to him as “Weapon X” and eventually that would just stick. It worked in the AoA.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I don't follow. It's not like Laura took the name Honey Badger.
    Heres the logic they used and was confirmed by them, honey badger is the name of wolverine sidekick there fore if laura isn't wolverine gabby her side kick can't use the name of wolverine side kick and needs a new one. If it sounds stupid and done in a rush it was and is

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Heres the logic they used and was confirmed by them, honey badger is the name of wolverine sidekick there fore if laura isn't wolverine gabby her side kick can't use the name of wolverine side kick and needs a new one. If it sounds stupid and done in a rush it was and is
    Did they actually say that?

Wow. That’s super dumb.

Ooooooooh, very intriguing.

YAY for Warpath!!

And Double YAY for Reis' return

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Did they actually say that?
    It was brought up in a interview when asked if laura and gabby would get their old names back

It was brought up in a interview when asked if laura and gabby would get their old names back
    Well, that is incredibly dumb. But well, the last we saw Laura, she was going by Wolverine again... So that shouldn't cut anymore.

In another note, I'm glad that she's wearing her X-Men Red costume!

Vita is writing New Mutants? I might actually pick up the book.

Yes! Yes! Yes! F..king yes! Warpath, a new writer, and hopefully no more Glob or twins. I am so happy right now, issue 14 cannot get here fast enough.

Yes! Yes! Yes! F..king yes! Warpath, a new writer, and hopefully no more Glob or twins. I am so happy right now, issue 14 cannot get here fast enough.

Nice! I've been liking New Mutants a whole lot and with Vita & Reis taking over I'm sure I'll love it even more!!
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-18-2021 at 03:35 PM. Reason: Blue text became too cumbersome.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

I'm kind of disappointed I thought Brisson was setting up for the French Twins to snap and we'd get some new Iconic villains slightly bummed honestly if this is the new main cast theirs no one I really care about.