Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Technopriest View Post
    That was Kid Cable interacting with X-Force, what I want is Kid Cable interacting with Dani, Magik, Karma, and Ranhe, which we haven't seen before. And I block anything that has to do with X-Man, so that never happened for me.
    Right choice, we should all collectively block-out that stilted romance arc with Dani.

But on Teen Cable, Old Man Cable joined the team after Dani, 'Yana, and Xian had all left the book, of the classic New Mutants on this team he only really led Rahne and Warlock.

I'd sub out Scout for another character but i'm down.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Vita wrote Gabby better than Tamaki so I'll give it a chance.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by spider-zak View Post
    Right choice, we should all collectively block-out that stilted romance arc with Dani.

But on Teen Cable, Old Man Cable joined the team after Dani, 'Yana, and Xian had all left the book, of the classic New Mutants on this team he only really led Rahne and Warlock.
    Yeah, the only ones who had real history with were those two and barely Warlock as he was killed off soon after Cable took over

I would add Synch or Mondo but don’t personally think they *need* another guy (def want Mondo wherever Cypher is)

Mighty Member

I would prefer Zeb Wells instead of Vita , hopefully he won't be worse than Brisson.

I don't recall reading any of Vita's work yet.....

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Nice. New Mutants was in desperate need of a shake up. Looking forward to this.

So does this free up Cypher to be on Ewing's new book?
    What's Ewing's new book?

Honestly two should be the maximum amount of men allowed on an X-men team, especially New Mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    What's Ewing's new book?
    The Empyre finale features a flashforward featuring Abigail Brand and Manifold in a new galactic team.

Due to the fact that an X made with a sword appears in the design of her emblem, it is rumored that Al Ewing would be writing a new SWORD team focused on mutants (Both Abigail and Manifold are mutants)

Duuuuuude this needs a GenX Dude on here stat!
    Last edited by BroHomo; 09-18-2020 at 12:45 AM.
    GrindrStone(D)

Yeah, that's a shame to lose Mondo too. He was barely developped. They should put him in Excalibur, since there seems to be a change of line up.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by sallyblevins View Post
    Me too. I need to see the original hellions interact with the new mutants. I need to see a rod reis Catseye
    Yes. I loved that she was more than just 'mutant cat-girl' but had at least some clearly super abilities, like the ability to walk on walls and ceilings, making her quite different than someone like Rahne, who just takes on normal animal traits like enhanced senses. Having her tied in some way to the African cryptid, the Mgwa, could have been an interesting way to tweak the character.

It's kind of a downer that Empath has been so regressed (he was showing signs of being forced into growth by Emma, who forced him to use only the sense-emotions aspect of his powers and not be able to manipulate them, for a time, so that he kind of *had* to be able to function without his powers, and learn to (ironically) empathize with other people) into a sociopath. I hope any other OG Hellions that get a showing (if any do) aren't similarly regressed.

Except for Beef or Bevatron. Because I literally do not care if they are never seen again.

Quote Originally Posted by spider-zak View Post

That is exactly why I would like Kid Cable here, he has a sort of connection to the team but has never really interacted with them, and neither did his older self.

Now Warlock I have never really found interesting beyond his Douglock phase, I don't know if Vita will change that for me. He seems to be a character that only plays off well with Doug, but no one else. I am willing to give him a chance but I really would have preferred another character (although I can see why Vita chose Warlock I have a feeling that they might be the more personal character choice here).

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Duuuuuude this needs a GenX Dude on here stat!
    Yeah, totally. Like Mondo or even Skin. Either of those two would be great.
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”