Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    5 women and 2 men. Its pretty lopsided. I hope there is at least one other male. Jetstream would be a good choice as would Hellion
    Yeah, where are young men going to find representation in comic books?

Glob finally gets to rest!

Amazing Member

I would to see Warpath in a different book but glad he is being used

5 women and 2 men. Its pretty lopsided. I hope there is at least one other male. Jetstream would be a good choice as would Hellion
    I knew someone was going to say this and it's disappointing honestly. No one says this when it's the other way around.

Some DoX titles when their covers debuted:

X-Men - 6 male, 2 female
    X-Force - 5 male, 3 female
    X-Factor - 4 male, 2 female

(The rest were thankfully pretty even.)

Amazing Member

totally agree

Quote Originally Posted by superjosh View Post
    I knew someone was going to say this and it's disappointing honestly. No one says this when it's the other way around.

X-Men - 6 male, 2 female

95% of all fiction is like that, possibly even if you include the great Maeve Binchey landfills of Central Asia.

X-Men - 6 male, 2 female

Why are you disappointed? Its my opinion. And you are incorrectbc people complain when there is a large imbalance regardless of gender. Rosenberg's AXM (5 males/1 female) was probably the most recent example of a fairly imbalanced cast and it was critcitzed for it

As for your examples.
    X-men : Plenty of people complained about the cover but more so bc it was all about the Summers. We knew from the very beginning that the cast would be rotating and that #1 cover was not indicative of where the series would go

X-Force - 5 vs 3 is not too imbalanced. I suggested 5 females, 2/3 males for NM as well

X-Factor 4/2 is even more balanced than 5/3 and we knew that Aurora was joining before the book came out

NM's stands out bc its really 5 females, 1 male and 1 alien.
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-15-2020 at 02:22 PM.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Why are you disappointed? Its my opinion. And you are incorrectbc people complain when there is a large imbalance regardless of gender. Rosenberg's AXM (5 males/1 female) was probably the most recent example of a fairly imbalanced cast and it was critcitzed for it

As for your examples.
    X-men : Plenty of people complained about the cover but more so bc it was all about the Summers. We knew from the very beginning that the cast would be rotating and that #1 cover was not indicative of where the series would go

X-Force - 5 vs 3 is not too imbalanced. I suggested 5 females, 2/3 males for NM as well

X-Factor 4/2 is even more balanced than 5/3 and we knew that Aurora was joining before the book came out

NM's out bc its really 5 females, 1 male and 1 alien.
    I agree the balance is more off with this New Mutants team than others. 1 man is very little.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

While I'm not a fan of the current writing, I'm a bit confused by everyone's love of Vita Ayala. It seems like moving from one mediocre writer to another. Unless I'm missing something. Has she done something amazing that I haven't read perhaps?

What do you all like about her writing to warrant this kind of virtual jumping up and down for joy?

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    While I'm not a fan of the current writing, I'm a bit confused by everyone's love of Vita Ayala. It seems like moving from one mediocre writer to another. Unless I'm missing something. Has she done something amazing that I haven't read perhaps?

What do you all like about her writing to warrant this kind of virtual jumping up and down for joy?
    People primarily know Vita from Prisoner X which was arguably the best of the Age of X-man titles. I loved the work that was done with Dani, Gabby, Polaris and Bishop over there

As for your examples.

NM's out bc its really 5 females, 1 male and 1 alien.
    Yeah it's your opinion and I have every right to also be disappointed that people still feel this way. You KNOW that many people are generally fine when there is a bigger proportion of males to females but not often when it's the other way around. To pretend you're oblivious to this kind of thinking or that fandom overwhelmingly advocates for equal representation is a lie.

As for your numbers, as I said, I just based it on covers because we've also only seen the NM cover. (For example Aurora was not on the first cover and still hasn't joined the team, so that was the debut.) Maybe you, yourself, are more open-minded, but you still felt the need to make the comment. In the whole X-world history, there have probably been only two or three team line-ups that had more (identifying) females than males. All the other male dominated teams just flew by MOSTLY uncontested. Can not just one female oriented team exist without a suggestion that they're "unbalanced"??

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    I agree the balance is more off with this New Mutants team than others. 1 man is very little.
    And so what? There have been thousands of teams with only one female and it's considered "normal" by most.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

X-Men - 6 male, 2 female

X-Men has a team?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Does Warlock not count as a man? Obviously not conventional male, but still a male.

Yeah it's your opinion and I have every right to also be disappointed that people still feel this way. You KNOW that many people are generally fine when there is a bigger proportion of males to females but not often when it's the other way around. To pretend you're oblivious to this kind of thinking or that fandom overwhelmingly advocates for equal representation is a lie.

As for your numbers, as I said, I just based it on covers because we've also only seen the NM cover. (For example Aurora was not on the first cover and still hasn't joined the team, so that was the debut.) Maybe you, yourself, are more open-minded, but you still felt the need to make the comment. In the whole X-world history, there have probably been only two or three team line-ups that had more (identifying) females than males. All the other male dominated teams just flew by MOSTLY uncontested. Can not just one female oriented team exist without a suggestion that they're "unbalanced"??
    Well thats simply not true

1. The original New Mutants lineup was largely female heavy for the entirety of Claremont's run
    2. There was that all female X-men book
    3. Original Excalibur
    4. Outback X-men
    5. Uncanny X-Force (Storm's team)
    6. Roadtrip X-Force
    7. This New Mutants
    8. X-men Gold (Iceman's team)
    9. X-treme X-men's launch lineup
    10. Generation X Shockwave
    11. Uncanny X-men X-tinction team
    12. X-men v3 Regenesis
    13. X-men Red
    14. Generation Hope Regenesis

Im sure there are more that I havent thought of

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Does Warlock not count as a man? Obviously not conventional male, but still a male.
    He comes from an alien race that has no gender. There's just one but he was assigned he pronouns by the kids when he landed on Earth. Pronouns and gender identity were foreign to him prior to that. I guess he counts as default bc we all refer to him as he but he's really not a man
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-15-2020 at 03:35 PM.