Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    And I still don't see what there is to hate with Glob.
    Yes, he did mistakes in the past but so did half the X-Men, with little to no consequences.
    I think people get annoyed because so many X-kids with rich backstories get pushed to the background, while Glob has gotten a lot of extra focus (and not because it serves the story particularly well).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Now it’ll probably be used as a vehicle to explore the different dynamics of the Sextant.
    Which is what I wanted to see in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani5 View Post
    As much as I love Karma, she is a liability in the field. She’s much better doing espionage work with Sage. Maybe she can do partial possessions and tag along people for intel. I which they would give her a weapon or an offensive secondary mutation to be more formidable in battle.
    The problem with her is that she doesnt have that range. She would need to be on the field in order to use her power or at the very least very close by. With that said, I dont think she needs a secondary mutation. Not everyone needs an offensive power and I think its cool when they just let people have defensive or support abilities. I think they messed up by not taking advantage of her leg by making it functional for combat. I could see her stomping and it creating a force blast or her having high powered kicks. She could possibly train in some leg based martial arts like capoerira to make her more formidable with her bionic leg amping her up

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Not having range can be easily resolved by someone (Vita?) developing her powers further.
    I miss the days when we'd get quarter of an issue devoted to seeing characters hone and develop their powers either in field or in the danger room...Rogue using her 6th sense...Kitty phasing multiple persons while only touching one...we practically saw the ONM develop their various skills on the fly, throughout that initial Claremont/McLeod run.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Please make Gabby Honey Badger again. Its a much better codename than Scout.

I'm super uninterested in CotA, but maybe Vita can have a better grasp of New Mutants. But 'Wild Hunt' is an odd choice, because its an actual thing in the Marvel Universe. What's-his-face, the Dark Elf King, has summoned it to attack people before.

I'm going to miss Boom Boom being the star of the book, but this cast looks great. Hopefully Tabs finds somewhere else to go.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    I'm going to miss Boom Boom being the star of the book, but this cast looks great. Hopefully Tabs finds somewhere else to go.
    They should put her on X-Factor, I'd love to see how she plays off of that crowd.
    Last edited by Odd Rödney; 02-18-2021 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Blue text became too cumbersome.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

A cast of mutants that consistently rotates with each story arc would be nice.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealWashout View Post
    Yeah. I hope Tabitha, Chamber and especially Magma find a book to be in.

Or continue to make impactful appearances in this book.

Outside of an orginal New Mutants reunion roster, Magma’s never been in another X-Men line up. She really needs to have a chance to work with the big guys for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Yeah. I hope Tabitha, Chamber and especially Magma find a book to be in.

Or continue to make impactful appearances in this book.

Outside of an orginal New Mutants reunion roster, Magma’s never been in another X-Men line up. She really needs to have a chance to work with the big guys for once.
    Magma joined Claremont's X-treme X-men

xxm.jpg
    Last edited by Havok83; 09-15-2020 at 08:47 AM.

"Comics journalism"? Filthy Mutie's Avatar

Should get better without Brisson, though having to include Honey Badger in your cast is a pretty high cost to get this book. Thoughts and prayers for Vita!

Out of all the blonde X-Women I’m okay with letting Magma gather a bit of dust. She’s never connected with me as a character and her most notable dynamic had been with Mephisto

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Happy to see Vita take over. I love pretty much all of this roster. Not super invested/interested in Gabby, but don't have a strong dislike either. Particularly excited to see what they do with Karma, Warpath, and Wolfsbane. Also thrilled to see them writing Dani again. Vita did a wonderful job balancing the cast in Prisoner X, and I can't wait to see what they do with this title.

5 women and 2 men. Its pretty lopsided. I hope there is at least one other male. Jetstream would be a good choice as would Hellion

Great cast, and it really needed a trim, there wasn't enough space for everyone to shine tbh, lot of characters were relegated close to background roles, which was frustrating, Warpath is a very nice addition to the New Mutants with their old rivalry with him, the lopsidedness of the cast almost feels inkeeping with New Mutant tradition, heh, Gabby I'm a little less sold on, but hopefully Vita makes me love her.

Stoked about this, Rod Reiss is just so perfect for the New Mutants, hopefully he's consistently on the book going forward, and damn it felt like New Mutants needed a fresh writer to me, and I'm hopeful that Vita will juggle the cast better.