Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Wolverine #5 Talk about tattoos.

Preview.

Good thing Thor was on the cover to grab readers because nothing he does at the bar inside was notable in any way. Not even a referrence to Uncanny Avengers which was the perfect chance for it. None of the rest of the story was much better at exciting me either. And how crappy is that rose tattoo for Logan to have? What's the backstory on Rose that readers should know by now and might've given more meaning to the origin of the tattoo - not to mention the oblivious Thunder God?

tattoo.jpg

I have to say that I was liking most of what was happening in this book until this tattoo shenanigan. I don't get it. All of a sudden a guy that's over a 100 years old decides to get a tattoo for the first time. It didn't work for me.

Maybe he always wanted one but could never get one due to the healing factor. Makes sense to me.

I have had a lot of problems with this book, but the tattoo isn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Maybe he always wanted one but could never get one due to the healing factor. Makes sense to me.

I have had a lot of problems with this book, but the tattoo isn't one of them.
    Daken had tattoos despite his healing factor.
    On ye olde CBR

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Remy Lebeau View Post
    I have to say that I was liking most of what was happening in this book until this tattoo shenanigan. I don't get it. All of a sudden a guy that's over a 100 years old decides to get a tattoo for the first time. It didn't work for me.
    It was explained in the story: this isn't his first tattoo. The others have all healed over 'before even leaving the parlor'.

This was only the latest of an unknown number of attempts. It just happens to be the first one that worked.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut Punch View Post
    Daken had tattoos despite his healing factor.
    Daken's tattoo is a big mystery

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    It was explained in the story: this isn't his first tattoo. The others have all healed over 'before even leaving the parlor'.

This was only the latest of an unknown number of attempts. It just happens to be the first one that worked.
    I would have thought that. Can't say I like the idea of Logan having a tattoo. Maybe it's just that art. I can understand the rose as it unfortunately harkens back to Origin.
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post

Ah, I missed that part. When I notice a book going in a direction I'm not completely interested in I tend to start glossing over some of the dialog. This does make sense. But you'd think his first possible tattoo would be of Jean

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Remy Lebeau View Post
    Ah, I missed that part. When I notice a book going in a direction I'm not completely interested in I tend to start glossing over some of the dialog. This does make sense. But you'd think his first possible tattoo would be of Jean
    He only has a thing for Jean because she looks like Rose. Rose is his one true love, the others are substitutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    Daken's tattoo is a big mystery
    A mystery that I would love to see addressed.

What are everyone's feelings on Sandoval's art? I thought he did some pretty good work on Cable and X-Force.

I like his art. It has a Joe Mad quality that I admire. Mark Morales' art in the first four issues is superior though IMO. It's some of the best X-art I've seen in a very long time.

Agree about the choice of tattoo. Anyone know why he would get a rose.
    Jean loves me this I know because the church says it so.

Havok and Emma were right.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    This. Also, people do alot of different things after life-changing events happen...

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    What are everyone's feelings on Sandoval's art? I thought he did some pretty good work on Cable and X-Force.
    He's one of my favorites because of Cable and X-Force. He draws one hell of a Domino and Boom Boom...