Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by JamJams View Post
    I like the tattoo. I'm sure anyone in-universe that's dumb enough to make a negative comment on it will get a deserved claw to the face.
    I bet the tattoo wont last long enough for that to happen. And you know when he comes back to life it will be gone. It's the only reason marvel let cornell do it in the first place.

Oh and just another example of how the author doesn't know the first thing about Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    I respectfully disagree. The Rose tattoo could have had a claw through it or something. Just something else both Sabertooth and Mystique will make fun of. Deservedly so imo.
    That would be basically coming back to the 90s and the guns and pouches everywhere, in that case they would have given the gun some machineguns, and Logan would have those, and a sword as well, doing that would kill the whole message of the tattoo, it's not a cool tattoo, it's a meaningful tattoo

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix View Post
    but rose never loved him back
    What? Rose even came to Wolverine when he was dying and told him that if he died he could be with her and have his memories back (in his solo, before she was revealed, in the comic it seems like it's Jean, but in the end she says that she isn't Jean and a few time later Origins comes out) she also appeared to him when he was about to die in Wolverine: The end, which is supposed to be set in the future

Quote Originally Posted by maxi_miceli View Post
    That would be basically coming back to the 90s and the guns and pouches everywhere, in that case they would have given the gun some machineguns, and Logan would have those, and a sword as well, doing that would kill the whole message of the tattoo, it's not a cool tattoo, it's a meaningful tattoo

What? Rose even came to Wolverine when he was dying and told him that if he died he could be with her and have his memories back (in his solo, before she was revealed, in the comic it seems like it's Jean, but in the end she says that she isn't Jean and a few time later Origins comes out) she also appeared to him when he was about to die in Wolverine: The end, which is supposed to be set in the future
    That issue came out after origins.

Quote Originally Posted by sureshot View Post
    I respectfully disagree. The Rose tattoo could have had a claw through it or something. Just something else both Sabertooth and Mystique will make fun of. Deservedly so imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    That issue came out after origins.
    Wolverine solo or Wolverine The end?
    Anyway, the message is still the same

affable sidekick material ScruffyLovin's Avatar

I don't understand the people saying Wolvie should've gotten a 'cooler' or 'manlier' tattoo. People who get tattoos get them for themselves, not for people to say "whoa, that's cool!" or "That's not cool." The meaning for the wearer of the tattoo is all that matters.

Other than the tattoo representing Rose herself, I think it also serves as a reminder of what he's lost, what he's gone through in his long life, and what he's still fighting for. Hopefully Thor will mention Logan brandishing that tat at him during their encounter, and someone that knows him really well will understand the meaning when Thor didn't. Then maybe it'll be realized that everything isn't as it seems.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Ok. I have to respectfully disagree with people who think one:that paul cornell doesn't get wolverine be a use of w tatoo. And 2 that logan getting a rose isn't "manly" first many men especially burly men like logan who are bikers have tattoos of as some people put it makes then less manly. Second any true fan of logan will omit in the eyes of logan Rose is his first love regardless if she reciprocated the feelings. She cared for him as a brother and maybe more, but she feel for Smutty in 'ORIGIN' logan was the one who loved her. With his memories back he got a tatoo for the first girl he ever truly loved. Sure there's plenty more like:Silverfox, Its, Marino. But I like him getting a rose. And for those who dont like it just thing hell die and when he comes back Keith healing factor the rose will be healed away.
    X-Men Forever