Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Ah. I meant not in terms of being used but talked about in fandom. People tend to talk more about Ares, Cheetah, and Circe. Ares when it comes to plot/origin, Circe and Cheetah because they're fun and cool villains. Veronica Cale because she's Diana's Luthor. All of them because of lesbian vibes lol. Medusa for giving her a great moment "look at me" "Never"

I never heard anyone talking about Dr. Psycho like that.
    Probably because he hasn't been used that much the past decade in WW, aside from Morrison in Earth One. Though I feel he gets brought up enough when people talk about him representing misogyny in WW's rogues.
    Last edited by Gaius; 09-16-2020 at 11:06 AM.

I think a good villain for WW, old or new, needs to have a valid argument for their actions.
    WW more than other heroes, is more likely to debate an opponent, and try and put herself in their shoes. A villain may not be able to shake her physically, but if they can make WW think, then they’ve gained a huge advantage.

At least until the inevitable punch punch kick wham ending that is comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Probably because he hasn't been used that much the past decade in WW, aside from Morrison in Earth One. Though I feel he gets brought up enough when people talk about him representing misogyny in WW's rogues.
    Depending on how you want to approach the characters in the mythos, Doctor Psycho, Heracles, and the Duke of Deception are excellent lenses to focus issues of misogyny and sexism through.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    I think a good villain for WW, old or new, needs to have a valid argument for their actions.
    WW more than other heroes, is more likely to debate an opponent, and try and put herself in their shoes. A villain may not be able to shake her physically, but if they can make WW think, then they’ve gained a huge advantage.

At least until the inevitable punch punch kick wham ending that is comics.
    I agree with this. I think Wonder Woman's villains should try to challenge her world view a bit (maybe with the exception of Psycho...as I can't really think of how to even sympathize with him when he can be really petty...I mean like Professor Zoom petty).

Take Giganta for example, if they go with Doris Zuel being a brilliant scientist, she could feel that being the bigger fish (bigger and stronger) always get better results (i.e. respect) than any of her efforts as a scientist. Kind of pushing into the differences between say Ares vs. Athena a bit. Doris could bring up questions about if Wonder Woman would be respected as a hero if she wasn't super strong physically?

I mean some villains like Circe I see it just to make a mess. Like she focuses on Diana because she fought her mother and that Diana stopped Circe once. Circe is a pity person