Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Incredible Member

Default Mid Tier characters who should have upgraded to Top Tier a long time ago

Who are your pics?

For me it's Piccolo from DBZ

Retsu from Baki

Green Arrow from DC comics
    Last edited by JohnDiggle; 09-14-2020 at 05:57 PM.

With the recent emergence of Billy McCallum and the hyperbolic, mangafied image of the Philly Shell in Hajime no Ippo and his direct comparison to Floyd Mayweather Jr, I recalled how Kenta 'Clincher' Kobashi didn't enough play.

Granted, the hype factor of battle/sports manga is essential, and he broke Hayami's jaw and ruined his career before retiring gracefully, but dammit, I think it'd be hilarious to see the kid outpoint Miyata or something like that.

Firestar from Marvel:

Azrael (JPV) from DC Comics:

Ray from Beyblade:

Last edited by K7P5V; 09-16-2020 at 03:31 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Extraordinary Member

Chad from Bleach really deserved a significant power boost at some point during the series.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

I don't get the premise of this thread.

Like, taking an example of Retsu from the OP, Retsu has no business being in the top tier. He's not a Hanma, he's not prehistoric cave man, he's not a revived cloned super samurai and he's not... a big... sumo... man. Consistently, throughout the series, he's been on the threshold between Mid Card and Top Billing. If you can beat Retsu, you are a serious threat. If you can't you are in the mid card. That is, narratively, what he's essentially for.

Is the premise of the thread, who would you /like/ to see get a power boost? Because the wording "should have been upgraded a long time ago," is weird. I don't really get what we're discussing here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Chad from Bleach really deserved a significant power boost at some point during the series.
    I mean, he did.

Twice. Remember him beating up Arrancar without issue?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I mean, he did.

Twice. Remember him beating up Arrancar without issue?
    True.

Then he ran into a proper bad guy and got crushed.

I think I just wanted Chad to be more relevant. At least he got a happy ending.

Incredible Member

Is the premise of the thread, who would you /like/ to see get a power boost? Because the wording "should have been upgraded a long time ago," is weird. I don't really get what we're discussing here.

Yeah I guess I should have worded it another. So yeah the Thread who would you like to see get an upgrade.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDiggle View Post
    Who are your pics?

Retsu from Baki

Retsu's going to have to get upgraded posthumously...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDiggle View Post
    Who are your pics?

Retsu from Baki

Piccolo is good, but I would also put in Future Trunks. In all honesty, he could (potentially) have his own spin off series.
    Plus his ending in Super, be it anime or especially the manga, left a lot to be desired. At least in DBZ, they showed how he made his timeline a better place. In Super, we got speculative exposition as to what would happen when he "returned". But considering the circumstances, it would have been the perfect chance to make the Time Patrol (Dragon Ball Heroes and Xenoverse 1&2) canonical.