Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Is the premise of the thread, who would you /like/ to see get a power boost? Because the wording "should have been upgraded a long time ago," is weird. I don't really get what we're discussing here.

Yeah I guess I should have worded it another. So yeah the Thread who would you like to see get an upgrade.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

DBZ: Piccolo
    - Excellent Character overall, started as a villain then teacher to Gohan, his powers and body composition give him a different variety of abilities, and no offense to Vegeta Fans, but I found Piccolo light years more interesting than he was. (I haven't watched DBZ since GT)

DC: Cassandra Cain
    - Raised to be the perfect killer. Her fighting skills are so good she's considered a borderline meta, but to get those skills, everything from her tech, detective, and even social abilities were sacrificed. She's my favorite heroine

DC: Larfleeze:
    - On paper, this guy is one of the most dangerous beings in the DC Universe. Larfleeze is an alien that existed for thousands of years, if he kills you, then you become one of his constructs (and he commands and entire corps), his power source is borderline infinite, he can project those corps light years away, only a few energy sources can counter his constructs (blue and violet), and he's also a maniac (he threatened to melt the Earth's Icecaps if Santa Claus didn't greet him.)

Power Rangers: Billy Cranston
    - Struggled at first even fighting putties. He was trained by Jason, and then Tommy. Eventually he was able to keep up with the rest of the rangers in combat. However, Billy was famous because of his brain. How many times alone did Billy save the day because of his ingenuity. Next to Tommy, I think he was the held the Power Ranger mantle the longest. I still remember the nerd rage I had when Billy didn't get the Gold Ranger Powers. It'd have been the perfect way to 'graduate'
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 09-16-2020 at 02:59 PM.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I mean, God Ki is pretty much the perfect excuse for Piccolo (a former God) and a bunch of the humans (especially Tenshinhan) to make themselves legitimately viable again, since it should be something that makes you stronger for reasons mostly unrelated to genetics. Also, I have no idea why they didn't take the time before the Room of Spirit and Time to see if the old Diakaioushin could have given at least Piccolo a Mystic Power Up of his own, possibly resurrecting him with some Dragonballs and tossing everyone into the Room of Spirit and Time first, if necessary.

Also, while I agree with Chad on principle, I think that Orihime was built up as potentially being an absolutely broken powerhouse, but never really got a chance to show it offensively (I think that she may have blocked an attack from Ywach, but that may be a massive misremembering on my part.

And toss some random power ups at Sakura Haruno and Sai Yamanaka as well since, as strong as they are, they were the only members of Team 7 that didn't have divine-tier powers just randomly dropped in their laps by dead people. Like, I dunno, have Madara actually succed in killing off Tsunade and have her ghost give Sakura a second Strength of 100 Seal and some sort of epiphany to become the Slug Sage from beyond the grave or something. Or just have her figure out the Sage thing by herself after chatting with Naruto in Boruto.

Actually, how strong did Anko Mitarashi and Shizune get? Like, they were both the first students of Sannin, but the best that you can say is that they were around pre-Timeskip Kakashi's level, and that's being very generous.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I mean, God Ki is pretty much the perfect excuse for Piccolo (a former God) and a bunch of the humans (especially Tenshinhan) to make themselves legitimately viable again, since it should be something that makes you stronger for reasons mostly unrelated to genetics. Also, I have no idea why they didn't take the time before the Room of Spirit and Time to see if the old Diakaioushin could have given at least Piccolo a Mystic Power Up of his own, possibly resurrecting him with some Dragonballs and tossing everyone into the Room of Spirit and Time first, if necessary.
    It's the same with Kaioken. Allegedly, Tien, Yamcha and Chiaotzu learned it while on King Kai's planet according to some sources, including the official Japanese Resurrection of F movie website. It's ridiculous how none of them have bothered to master it since it's a good equalizer for all of the alien and demon transformations of their friends and enemies.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    It's the same with Kaioken. Allegedly, Tien, Yamcha and Chiaotzu learned it while on King Kai's planet according to some sources, including the official Japanese Resurrection of F movie website. It's ridiculous how none of them have bothered to master it since it's a good equalizer for all of the alien and demon transformations of their friends and enemies.
    Now that I'm thinking about it, I have to wonder if Jiren started hitting up Toppo and their local Dai Kaioushin to start tutoring him in God Ki so that he can see if he can also unlock Ultra Instinct as well and maybe become a Dai Kaioushin (or at least one's disciple) at some point as well.

Like, imagine if the next Zamasu wannabe had to decide whether he wants to try to kill God of Destruction Toppo directly and then get jumped by Ultra Instinct Jiren, or try to take on Dai Kaioushin Jiren first in the hopes of taking out Toppo as collateral damage.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    [center]Firestar from Marvel:

Yep. The nature of her power is that she's more powerful in space than on Earth because of ambient cosmic radiation. In the New Warriors, even with Nova (and on a mission to save Nova in space), she was stated to be the most powerful member of the team, and had the power to fuel a stargate all by herself.

So if she's more powerful in space than in a planet, it would only make sense for her to become a space hero.

This is slightly more of a tangent, but on the other side of the powerset, I know *we* at CBR talk about Iceman and Colossus being extremely powerful, and Iceman himself being upper tier, but they're hardly ever treated as such in comics themselves. Can Iceman freeze the planet? Sure. Did he almost kill Thor that one time? Yup. Is he a certified Omega-class mutant? For sure, both pre- and post-retcon. Did he just get kicked in the head by Toad? Well, DAMMIT.

Bobby is top tier in every thing *except* in actual portrayal, it seems.

Incredible Member

I feel like Spider-Man should have long ago graduated to "Legendary" status in the Marvel universe. With everything that he has seen and done, this is someone who could theoretically put Cap's fighting skills and Tony Stark's scientific genius to shame at the same time yet he's still treated as the friendly neighborhood web-slinger that everyone likes but no one really looks up to.

Quote Originally Posted by T-1000 View Post
    I feel like Spider-Man should have long ago graduated to "Legendary" status in the Marvel universe. With everything that he has seen and done, this is someone who could theoretically put Cap's fighting skills and Tony Stark's scientific genius to shame at the same time yet he's still treated as the friendly neighborhood web-slinger that everyone likes but no one really looks up to.
    I mean, Cap and Tony have both been active even longer than Pete has and have been constantly training/fighting/learning the entire time as well, with around a billion times the resources he has. Though yeah, he should definitely get a lot more respect than he does even without Otto piloting his body, just for his Friends List alone.

Astonishing Member

He matches Cap in fighting skills, but he's not in Tony's league in science. Tony's a peer with T'Challa and Reed.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Also, while I agree with Chad on principle, I think that Orihime was built up as potentially being an absolutely broken powerhouse, but never really got a chance to show it offensively (I think that she may have blocked an attack from Ywach, but that may be a massive misremembering on my part.
    Actually, Orihime blocked multiple attacks from Yhwach even after he'd absorbed the Soul King. He had to resort to using his broken future manipulation powers to land hits on Ichigo since she was so good at stopping his attacks. And it does make sense that she never really developed any offensive capabilities, at least from a character stand point. It was never quite her thing.

But that could've been worked around even without her directly hurting opponents. I always imagine scenarios where she shut down power ups and the like by rejecting the reality that they took place at all. Or have her just remove powers from somebody by rejecting the reality that they had powers to begin with. Stuff like that would've been neat.

This reminds me of the time Spider-man used Tiermaker.

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    I wish they did more to middle power levels for Dragonball to keep the humans, Picollo and others relevant, and had them use more different techniques, team work, and tactics, to defeat the enemies. At the very least have things for the weaker characters to do. Like in a superman/batman story they can have Superman fight off Doomsday while Batman fights off Deathstroke.

Quote Originally Posted by grampagen View Post
    This reminds me of the time Spider-man used Tiermaker.

I know this is older and things have changed a bit and its based in pure strength but was Silver Sufer that much weaker then the top tiers? P

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    I wish they did more to middle power levels for Dragonball to keep the humans, Picollo and others relevant, and had them use more different techniques, team work, and tactics, to defeat the enemies. At the very least have things for the weaker characters to do. Like in a superman/batman story they can have Superman fight off Doomsday while Batman fights off Deathstroke.
    The problem is that all the DBZ fighters are essentially martial arts bricks that all have the same basic skills sets, so people in different tiers would be swatted aside in passing by the title card. The Frieza Saga dealt with this rather well by having the protagonists basically engaging in guerilla tactics in order to secure dragonballs that were scattered all over a planet without gaining the attention of Frieza and any of his goons that were stronger than them, while also trying to find ways to empower themselves.

Still, between stuff like Kaiou-Ken, Fusion, the ability to give their ki to one another, Genki Dama, the Mystic Power Up, God Ki, Ultra Instinct, and Roshi somehow becoming viable in the Tournament of Power (though Frost did Survivor's that he had to hold back a lot to avoid accidentally killing Roshi), the rest of the 2nd tier characters should have been able to at least close the gap to at least get some good solo fight scenes, or maybe have them teleport to Namek and then teleport back with a few fully charged Genki Damas in tow.

Y'know, while I don't need them to be on God Tier, I would like to see some solid info on how tough Chi Chi and Videl are right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigmazilla View Post
    I know this is older and things have changed a bit and its based in pure strength but was Silver Sufer that much weaker then the top tiers? P
    Reading some of his older appearances it seems like maybe he was supposed to be weaker while trapped on earth?

I've never run across anything saying he was explicitly.