Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I think a crossover with The Boys would be awesome

I doubt it will happen but I love the idea of the Justice League accidentally crossing over into the Seven's World and I love the idea of them meeting Homelander and the others and slowly realizing that Homelander is crazy and homicidal. I also would love to see Superman fight Homelander it'd be beyond epic. I think a crossover like that would make for a long and interesting story arc and I can definately see Bruce working with Butcher to a point.

I haven't read the comic, but how does Homeland's power levels compare to Superman's?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I haven't read the comic, but how does Homeland's power levels compare to Superman's?
    Homelander is much weaker than Superman.

Incredible Member

With respect to Op, i have no idea how you could read The Boys and think any of that.

Extraordinary Member

We've kind of seen that movie before, so to speak. I don't think we would get anything new from such a thing.

BANNED

I think OP need to read JL: Earth 2 by Grant Morisson and Frank Quitely, because I think that's the story that he wanted to read.

Spectacular Member

If they stay true to the comics the fight wouldn't even be close. Homelander is not nearly as invulnerable as Superman. Also remember one of the conceits of Ennis' take on superheroes is that they are bunglers who largely don't know how to use their powers effectively (as seen in the plane hijacking in both the GN and TV series). Frankly Superman would have a tougher time with Bizarro than Homelander

Also, if staying true to comics Butcher would not have anything to do with the Justice League heroes and would probably actively work to eliminate all of them--"Supes" in his mind are all bad, powered or not (as his treatment of Iron Man/Batman pastiche Tek-Knight shows)

Honestly, I'd pay to see Superman fight Homelander. Just because of how hilariously one sided that fight would be. It's like when Death Battle tried to make Flash VS Quicksilver look like a fair fight XD
    Last edited by Blue22; 09-15-2020 at 10:39 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

It might be fair to return the favor on some of Ennis's work by having some exaggerated thinly veiled expies of the Boys getting taken down by superheroes.

Or going against the Legion of Doom and having it end horrifically for them.

Quote Originally Posted by iron chimp View Post
    With respect to Op, i have no idea how you could read The Boys and think any of that.
    I've only see the TV show.

Most of my knowledge comes from the show as well. I love the show but, surprisingly, I didn't really care for the GN. Not even enough to finish it.

Incredible Member

Have people just seen the tv show (i havent) and not read the comic (i have)?

Genuinely baffled by the comments on here.

Edit: just seen castiel's comment. They sound wildly different
    Last edited by iron chimp; 09-15-2020 at 11:09 AM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iron chimp View Post
    Have people just seen the tv show (i havent) and not read the comic (i have)?

Genuinely baffled by the comments on here.

Edit: just seen castiel's comment. They sound wildly different
    I've only seen the show's first season so far. I've liked it more than what I've seen of the comics, but that seems to be a common opinion that it improves on the source material.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I've only seen the show's first season so far. I've liked it more than what I've seen of the comics, but that seems to be a common opinion that it improves on the source material.
    Well i shall say no more - i dont want to spoil the story for those just watching the show.

The comic def wasnt for everyone - i thought it was really smart with a complex layered storyline - but a lot just seemed to think it was puerile garbage.
    Last edited by iron chimp; 09-15-2020 at 11:41 AM.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    It might be fair to return the favor on some of Ennis's work by having some exaggerated thinly veiled expies of the Boys getting taken down by superheroes.

Or going against the Legion of Doom and having it end horrifically for them.
    Yeah if done well by someone who loves superhero comics (I dunno, Waid?). I’d pay cash money for a grimdark Boys doppelgänger group who developed some exaggerated and convoluted plan to take down “supes” in the DCU only to have their butt handed to them by the JLA