Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Mandalorian season 2 trailer

https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-mandal...son-2-trailer/

Some notes

-Pretty sure that's Rosario dawson in the cloak there as Ashoka, but it's kind of hard to tell.

-The snow planet might be Illum, I think, as of course the planet is heavily connected to the Jedi as one of their primary Kyber crystal places along with Jedha. It also eventually becomes Starkiller base.

-Looks like Tatooine is back too.

-Some familiar aliens in the boxing/wrestling arena-Gammoreans and the guy talking to him seems to be an Abyssian (One eyed guy in the cantina).

-Looks like he also teams up with some X-wings, although it's unclear if they're New Republic.

-Some shots of the Empire, including the TIES that land with foldable wings. (Called "Frontier TIES" I think). and speeder bikes.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Looking good.

Can't wait for more Ashoka.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

They did confirm recently that Tatooine would be returning as a location, which kind of makes sense given the tease about Boba Fett last season (and I seriously hope it IS Fett and not that stupid suggestion about Sabine Wren taking his armor and becoming Boba Fett to sate Kathleen Kennedy's agendas).

I think that was Ahsoka, yay! I'm hoping they actually let us see her sans robe so we can actually have a fully realized live action alien core character finally.

Please don't let the rumours about the fallout between Pascal and Favreau and Filoni be true...
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Please don't let the rumours about the fallout between Pascal and Favreau and Filoni be true...
    we won't find out until the season ends or the team behind the show announces it. However Favreau already admitted that half way thru the season it is going to be no Mando.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    https://www.cbr.com/star-wars-mandal...son-2-trailer/

Some notes

-Pretty sure that's Rosario dawson in the cloak there as Ashoka, but it's kind of hard to tell.
    That's Sasha Banks not Rosario

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    we won't find out until the season ends or the team behind the show announces it. However Favreau already admitted that half way thru the season it is going to be no Mando.
    I don't understand what you mean, "No Mando"?

I also never heard of problems on the set. Is there an article or story on it?
    Reliving my second childhood.... Making my TPB's take a back seat.....I'm now a new DC Omnibus and Hard Bound Book Collector: Batman: The Golden Age Omni V1 / Legends of the Dark Knight: Jim Aparo Vol. 2 / Gotham Central Omni / Justice League of America Silver Age Omni's V1 & V2 / Superman: The Golden Age Omni V1/ Green Lantern Omni V1
    with many more purchases soon to come.....

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl_70 View Post
    I don't understand what you mean, "No Mando"?

I also never heard of problems on the set. Is there an article or story on it?
    Grace Randolph seems to explain things pretty well here.

Bit concerned if true, losing Pedro over such a petty dispute when it’s essential that the tv side of Star Wars heals the fan divides that the sequels have caused. Getting some Clone Wars and Rebels characters to help is nice but no one is going to replace him completely.

Astonishing Member Blind Wedjat's Avatar

Nobody should take Grace Randolph's "scoops" seriously after what happened with the Birds of Prey director.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

For some reason she seriously believes Sony owns Spider-Man. She's a quack.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Grace Randolph seems to explain things pretty well here.

Bit concerned if true, losing Pedro over such a petty dispute when it’s essential that the tv side of Star Wars heals the fan divides that the sequels have caused. Getting some Clone Wars and Rebels characters to help is nice but no one is going to replace him completely.
    Correct me if I’m wrong but I read somewhere that Pedro Paschal didn’t play the character physically most of the first season.

I think he only played it in a few scenes.

Lookin' good, as expected
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Correct me if I’m wrong but I read somewhere that Pedro Paschal didn’t play the character physically most of the first season.

I think he only played it in a few scenes.
    It is a good point that if he’s really against wearing the entire suit constantly he could just provide the voice and just suit up for the odd unmasking scene. I suspect there’s more to this if true anyway, Grace or not.

Star Wars seems to have had a bit of a tradition of guys in the suit not being the same actors who do the voice-Fett,Vader, Chewie etc...although I'm not so sure about that for the post-OT movies. I'm not sure how much of Morrison was when Jango was helmeted (although he did take off his helmet quite a bit) or Adam as Kylo (when helmeted, although I'm sure he probably ADR'd his masked lines)
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

iMan 42s

With Jango Fett, Morrison was in the suit a few times. I don't know who the stunt actors had been if he had any but Temura Morrison definitely wore the full suit. The only Fett characters he wasn't actually wearing was of course Boba Fett. Technically the clones as well seeing as the armors had been CGI, though he and Bodie Taylor played the adult Fett clones (Taylor playing the slightly younger Fett clones though unlike Morrison didn't voice them).

Adam Driver was also in the helmet and during TFA stayed in it to remain in character. I believe Kylo Ren's lines could also be delivered while he was in the helmet so Driver knew how the character sounded.

In the case of Pedro Pascal I'm not 100% on Pedro being in the suit being a problem since much of season 1, he wasn't. He was otherwise occupied and filmed his unmasking later. If Pedro left production I'm not sure what the problem would be outside a sound alike which Disney seems to have no problem with. Filming also wrapped by March of 2020 so you'd think we'd have heard of this earlier.

As for the trailer it looks like the Rogue One suits for the Stormtroopers are back. Set photos seem to confirm this. The Scout Trooper also STILL has the knees in the wrong orientation (they're still upside down). The Mando's visor also slips in a shot.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.