Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    Grace Randolph seems to explain things pretty well here.

Bit concerned if true, losing Pedro over such a petty dispute when it’s essential that the tv side of Star Wars heals the fan divides that the sequels have caused. Getting some Clone Wars and Rebels characters to help is nice but no one is going to replace him completely.
    Ok, let's look at the evidence. 1) Grace Randolph is a hack. She's clickbait, and while it's theoretically possible that she has inside sources, it's just as likely that she's made stuff up for clicks. Because that's what she does. 2) Literally no other source out there is reporting this. There are plenty of great places (and a few seedy ones, I'm looking at you MakingStarWars.net) that have legit scoops. Frequently. And not one of them is talking about this, at all.

Can we say, definitively that Randolph is wrong? No, no we can't. Maybe she'll be vindicated in the end. But, at least as of right now, it's foolish to do anything but take what she says with a HUGE grain of salt. Particularly when it's likely that Favreau and his team would have made clear to Pascal what their plan was with the character before they cast him, and he would know full well that his face wasn't going to be front and center in the project.

But, considering how iconic some of the voices (but not faces) of Star Wars are, it's also easy to see him being completely ok with that. Only super fans think about who is wearing the Vader suit. Everybody else thinks of James Earl Jones when they think of Vader. To an overwhelming majority, JEJ IS Vader, even though he was never in the suit. This is no different. A lot of viewers probably don't even realize that Pascal didn't play the character for MOST of the first season, in terms of physically being on set. But the vocal performance is so strong that nobody cares. If this suddenly became a matter of drama during S2 filming, I would be absolutely shocked.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Yeah all I am reading here is the typical 'I don't like Grace/Midnight's Edge/Doomcock so they MUST be wrong' spiel. ALL of these guys are clickbait because that's how Youtube works. Might she be wrong here? Maybe, but I find her and the other two some people inevitably have some deep seated loathing of for daring to speak against the norm.

Mighty Member

Yeah all I am reading here is the typical 'I don't like Grace/Midnight's Edge/Doomcock so they MUST be wrong' spiel. ALL of these guys are clickbait because that's how Youtube works. Might she be wrong here? Maybe, but I find her and the other two some people inevitably have some deep seated loathing of for daring to speak against the norm.
    A broken clock is right twice a day by default. But why on earth would you trust it tell you the time when it's literally wrong 99% of the time?

Same thing here. "Person who is routinely wrong about almost everything lacks credibility" isn't hate, it's critical thinking. She's untrustworthy because she often says things that are bogus.

Speaking against the norm is fine. But evidence and credibility matter. She has neither, at this point in time.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    A broken clock is right twice a day by default. But why on earth would you trust it tell you the time when it's literally wrong 99% of the time?

Same thing here. "Person who is routinely wrong about almost everything lacks credibility" isn't hate, it's critical thinking. She's untrustworthy because she often says things that are bogus.

Speaking against the norm is fine. But evidence and credibility matter. She has neither, at this point in time.
    To my knowledge nothing she has talked about has turned out completely different. If I am wrong though I am happy to be corrected.

Grace Randolph seems to explain things pretty well here.

Bit concerned if true, losing Pedro over such a petty dispute when it’s essential that the tv side of Star Wars heals the fan divides that the sequels have caused. Getting some Clone Wars and Rebels characters to help is nice but no one is going to replace him completely.
    That's not someone known for telling the truth.

Why do people push that person on CBR so much?
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

iMan 42s

Well in news that is a bit more verifiable, what looks like Boba Fett's gear can be seen mounted on Mando's speeder bike. Someone caught the image on Reddit and going back through the trailer yeah that's pretty notable.

At first I assumed this was for Cobb Vanth but he should already have the armor by the time set in the show (assuming this isn't a flashback). Vanth gets his gear in 4 ABY (just around ROTJ) but The Mandolorian begins 5 years after ROTJ. So either Vanth loses the gear and Din Jarin claims it for some reason, or Vanth never had Fett's gear to begin with.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post

See like Midnight Edge and Doomcock I see a number of people on here say that but never give an adequate reason why.

iMan 42s

See like Midnight Edge and Doomcock I see a number of people on here say that but never give an adequate reason why.
    The issue with this is that the source isn't great. Ultimately a lot of these sites get stuff from pretty much everyone else. Trace back the origins of a rumor enough and chances are good you'll end up on sites like Wegotthiscovered which is a bunch of speculative nonsense. Usually that really is what happens. You'll hear something like "Mace Windu getting his own series" and chances are good you'll end up on some guy talking like "wouldn't it be cool if this led to this" and the click bait sites go with it. It's all one really big game of telephone but unless someone who the community knows is accurate says something you can usually disregard certain sites and posters outright.

The Star Wars Leaks sub-reddit is pretty accurate (though take it with a grain of salt still) and it's heard next to nothing about issues on production, more that production came and went with a few early spoilers. Just saying you have an "inside source" doesn't really mean anything without much of anything to back it up. I could say that I have an insider at Lucasfilm who'd say Star Wars Squadrons shows early FO. Based on what we know of production and had I had something you could squint at and call it credibility you'd believe it and parrot it enough that on a slow news day sites like CBR or even Grace Randolph would run with it. That really just is how this works.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

For the same reason why Rich Johnson is posted on CBR lol?!

Besides, think of how many rumours about Star Wars weren't true...until they were. Such as...

They had no plan.
    Boyega was unhappy with his role.
    Palpatine was never meant to come back.
    Rian Johnson will not direct another Star Wars movie.
    The Last Jedi damaged the trilogy, you just didn't notice because it was riding the goodwill The Force Awakens generated.
    Luke was handled poorly, and Hamil was unhappy.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 09-16-2020 at 10:01 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    With Jango Fett, Morrison was in the suit a few times. I don't know who the stunt actors had been if he had any but Temura Morrison definitely wore the full suit. The only Fett characters he wasn't actually wearing was of course Boba Fett. Technically the clones as well seeing as the armors had been CGI, though he and Bodie Taylor played the adult Fett clones (Taylor playing the slightly younger Fett clones though unlike Morrison didn't voice them).

Adam Driver was also in the helmet and during TFA stayed in it to remain in character. I believe Kylo Ren's lines could also be delivered while he was in the helmet so Driver knew how the character sounded.

In the case of Pedro Pascal I'm not 100% on Pedro being in the suit being a problem since much of season 1, he wasn't. He was otherwise occupied and filmed his unmasking later. If Pedro left production I'm not sure what the problem would be outside a sound alike which Disney seems to have no problem with. Filming also wrapped by March of 2020 so you'd think we'd have heard of this earlier.

As for the trailer it looks like the Rogue One suits for the Stormtroopers are back. Set photos seem to confirm this. The Scout Trooper also STILL has the knees in the wrong orientation (they're still upside down). The Mando's visor also slips in a shot.
    There was a fun story around time of ROS's release about how Keri Russell kept her helmet on for pretty much an entire day.
    Alt
    Wonder about Phasma, we never saw her without the helmet unless you count that Vanity Fair cover. Although it might've been hard to match Christie's height.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I guess I am now in the old category but aren't those 2 part of the conspiracy side of YouTube and were part of pushing the false narrative of GamerGate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post

Besides, think of how many rumours about Star Wars weren't true...until they were. Such as...

They had no plan.
    The Last Jedi damaged the trilogy, you just didn't notice because it was riding the goodwill The Force Awakens generated.
    I don't understand your reference about that person. It doesn't really answer my question.

A broken clock is right twice a day.

There are literally THOUSANDS of rumors about Star Wars for decades that turned out never to be true.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Mighty Member

I guess I am now in the old category but aren't those 2 part of the conspiracy side of YouTube and were part of pushing the false narrative of GamerGate?

I don't understand your reference about that person. It doesn't really answer my question.
    Rich Johnson is the guy behind BleedingCool.

Astonishing Member

They had no plan.
    Most of these were plain obvious. You don't need a pack of YTers with "secret sources" to tell you this.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

They had no plan.
    Hamil feelings wasn't even a rumor. He always spoke negatively about Luke's direction during the film's promotion. He didn't give a ****.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Rich Johnson is the guy behind BleedingCool.
    I still don't get the reference. BleedingCool is on the level with Grace? It escapes me.