Default Eternals 2 Thanos Return in December

The Mad Titan has returned.

In the aftermath of an Eternal's death, Ikaris go up against Thanos in the heart of a city twisted by time. This epic battle will be explored in ETERNALS #2 and will reveal the monumental role Thanos will play in this bold new vision of Jack Kirby’s classic Marvel creation.
    https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...inkId=99689137

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Ugh. Way to kill my interest in this series.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Did he really go anywhere? I feel like we need a Thanos break.

Astonishing Member

In fairness, Thanos is the Eternal with the most name recognition

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Ugh. Way to kill my interest in this series.
    No Eternals series has even been successful.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    I had this convo with someone or at least start to have this convo someone in another thread a while back. They mention that Eternals and Deviants have no one to hang their hats and that hurts them when Marvel tries to push them. But then I mention Thanos, To me in pushing Eternals as concept and trying to get them to work requires using your best assets. And Thanos is the big gun so this isn't a surprise to me.

I just find it funny that Marvel trying properly integrate their "Darkseid" into Eternals now. I can't imagine how salty higher ups at DC must be now Marvel is pushing out Eternals and will have chance to ingrain Eternals as "the concept" in casuals heads before DC can put out New Gods.

BANNED

Already? Man let the raisin rest, it's so dry it's not even a raisin it's a piece of cobblestone

BANNED

Well, Thanos is the most recognizable Deviant (or Eternal's mutant, I don't know the line get blurry).

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I had this convo with someone or at least start to have this convo someone in another thread a while back. They mention that Eternals and Deviants have no one to hang their hats and that hurts them when Marvel tries to push them. But then I mention Thanos, To me in pushing Eternals as concept and trying to get them to work requires using your best assets. And Thanos is the big gun so this isn't a surprise to me.

I just find it funny that Marvel trying properly integrate their "Darkseid" into Eternals now. I can't imagine how salty higher ups at DC must be now Marvel is pushing out Eternals and will have chance to ingrain Eternals as "the concept" in casuals heads before DC can put out New Gods.
    I don't see them positioning Thanos as their Darkseid equivalent, if that is what they are doing, succeeding in the long run given the movies probably won't go in that direction and that they'd have to build Thanos from the ground up to fit in that role.

I understand Thanos fatigue... but he has been gone since June 2019. Arguably August 2018, considering his appearance in Cates' GotG was hardly substantial.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I understand Thanos fatigue... but he has been gone since June 2019. Arguably August 2018, considering his appearance in Cates' GotG was hardly substantial.
    I feel like he needs a longer break with how overused he felt prior to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like he needs a longer break with how overused he felt prior to that.
    You're not wrong. But considering the high profile of the character, that's at least a little restraint. More than DC is ever going to have with the Joker.

Much as I would've enjoyed Thanos staying away for a while, the way Kieron Gillen has been talking about his approach to the Eternals, I'm not shocked to see him show up. "At least part of what I’m trying to do is to tie all these strands together, into a coherent, epic history of the Eternal’s own." Thanos is definitely both the biggest strand of Eternals, and the least tied into the rest so far.
    Last edited by H-E-D; 09-16-2020 at 11:12 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    No Eternals series has even been successful.
    The Gaiman mini did well enough to the point that they got an extra issue iirc.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Also him and the Eternals on Titan/Uranus kind of need to be explained if Gillen is trying to go for a new take on the Eternals.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 09-16-2020 at 11:45 AM.