Page 11 of 130 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Didn't answer my question: how is this helping him? We don't need to know exactly what his goals are to speculate on what his options for retaliating against WB are, and if he is trying to get a law suit he's made errors in public which could hurt him if it gets to that stage - like saying he won't obey gag orders and refusing to work with third party investigators. How he's going about this is also not how people ramp up into law suits, all he's done is make some noises in that direction so it can't be ruled out. WB's going to be prepared for every eventuality.

His leverage, if he truly has some evidence, is eroding the longer it takes to real specifics, saying things in public which WB can use against him in court, and his erratic behaviour. He needs to do this sooner rather than later, WB will be able to wait him out and he loses spotlight once The Snyder Cut is released.
    Your first question is the key one: how is this helping him? The current strategy can only help Fisher if he's going to court eventually. His "Specifics? We don't know need no stinkin' specifics!" strategy isn't going to cut it if he's not, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Didn't answer my question: how is this helping him? We don't need to know exactly what his goals are to speculate on what his options for retaliating against WB are, and if he is trying to get a law suit he's made errors in public which could hurt him if it gets to that stage - like saying he won't obey gag orders and refusing to work with third party investigators. How he's going about this is also not how people ramp up into law suits, all he's done is make some noises in that direction so it can't be ruled out. WB's going to be prepared for every eventuality.

His leverage, if he truly has some evidence, is eroding the longer it takes to real specifics, saying things in public which WB can use against him in court, and his erratic behaviour. He needs to do this sooner rather than later, WB will be able to wait him out and he loses spotlight once The Snyder Cut is released.
    I did answer by responding that don't know for sure if it's the right strategy, but clearly, he's using his limited accusations to create public pressure and media attention.

He's accused the third party of investigator of not being impartial. Which has been repeated so many times in this thread.

At this point, we're going in circles. Believe what you want to.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Your first question is the key one: how is this helping him? The current strategy can only help Fisher if he's going to court eventually. His "Specifics? We don't know need no stinkin' specifics!" strategy isn't going to cut it if he's not, IMO.
    The threat of a lawsuit is often more important than a lawsuit itself.

There are so many things Fisher could demand outside of a court-enforced remedy. He could want any combination of the below:

-A renewed investigation with a 3rd party firm NOT owned by Warner media
    -A public apology from Whedon/Berg/Johns/etc.
    -Disciplinary action for the above mentioned
    -A settlement offer for others "abused" on set (including those witnesses he alludes to that went to HR)
    -An internal policy change that guarantees oversight on WB/DC movie sets
    -Some financial remedy to avoid a claim of breach of contract (depending on the language)
    -Certain guarantees regarding workplace environment for any future films involving him

All of that can be demanded from/negotiated with the company without ever stepping foot into a courtroom. Fisher going public and getting mainstream media to report and speculate on what went down may help him gain leverage.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post

There are so many things Fisher could demand outside of a court-enforced remedy. He could want any combination of the below:

-A settlement offer for others "abused" on set (including those witnesses he alludes to that went to HR)
    -Some financial remedy to avoid a claim of breach of contract (depending on the language)
    -Certain guarantees regarding workplace environment for any future films involving him

All of that can be demanded from/negotiated with the company without ever stepping foot into a courtroom. Fisher going public and getting mainstream media to report and speculate on what went down may help him gain leverage.
    ... and what happens if WB doesn't do any of those things you suggest? WB will only do any of them if 1) if Fisher goes to court over something credible and provable or 2) they feel pressured by movie goers to do it due to a potential loss of revenue. I'm not seeing a lot of pressure for WB to do something presently, so Ray needs to do something differently than the status quo.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

... and what happens if WB doesn't do any of those things you suggest? WB will only do any of them if 1) if Fisher goes to court over something credible and provable or 2) they feel pressured by movie goers to do it due to a potential loss of revenue. I'm not seeing a lot of pressure for WB to do something presently, so Ray needs to do something differently than the status quo.
    Mamoa's public show of support was pretty significant, and who knows what other pressure is being put on WB behind the scenes by others. Like I've said before, we're only seeing one small part of the machinations of this debacle. I would be extremely surprised if Fisher's public statements are indicative of what's really happening and we'll likely never know how well his social media comments helped or hurt his cause.

This presumes the threat of legal action has no effect, though. Why would WB only acquiesce once he actually files a suit?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Mamoa's public show of support was pretty significant, and who knows what other pressure is being put on WB behind the scenes by others. Like I've said before, we're only seeing one small part of the machinations of this debacle. I would be extremely surprised if Fisher's public statements are indicative of what's really happening and we'll likely never know how well his social media comments helped or hurt his cause.
    Momoa's public support comes with a massive asterix: he never mentions the word "abuse." I don't think Momoa's angling to sue, just to pressure WB into not having toxic work environments. Which I support him on.

Clock's ticking on Ray's relevance, though.

It'd be incredibly easy to tell if Fisher's social media do anything, WB would be showing signs of weakness and surrender. They're doing the usual studio noises, but they're just waiting him out for now. The longer this goes on the more it goes in their favor and they know it.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 09-21-2020 at 02:31 AM.

This presumes the threat of legal action has no effect, though. Why would WB only acquiesce once he actually files a suit?
    Momoa's public support comes with a massive asterix: he never mentions the word "abuse." I don't think Momoa's angling to sue, just to pressure WB into not having toxic work environments. Which I support him on.

Clock's ticking on Ray's relevance, though.

It'd be incredibly easy to tell if Fisher's social media do anything, WB would be showing signs of weakness and surrender. They're doing the usual studio noises, but they're just waiting him out for now. The longer this goes on the more it goes in their favor and they know it.
    i could be wrong, but I just don't think there's enough for either a lawsuit or to pressure WB to do what he feels is the right thing through social media, but Ray probably has no choice but to continue what he's doing at this point.

i could be wrong, but I just don't think there's enough for either a lawsuit or to pressure WB to do what he feels is the right thing through social media, but Ray probably has no choice but to continue what he's doing at this point.
    Oh, Fisher could quit at any time. But I think he wants WB to change its practices, and possibly make it easier for other badly treated actors (or other people in the film industry) to be aware that it's not just them.
    «Speaking generally, it is because of the desire of the tragic poets for the marvellous that so varied and inconsistent an account of Medea has been given out» (Diodorus Siculus, The Library of History [4.56.1])

Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    Oh, Fisher could quit at any time. But I think he wants WB to change its practices, and possibly make it easier for other badly treated actors (or other people in the film industry) to be aware that it's not just them.
    I'm pretty sure the #1 thing on his mind is that his career is back on the right track and everything else is secondary (which is understandable, of course). Maybe he wants to be another Curt Flood, but the latter had his baseball career ended prematurely. Is that what Ray really wants?

Extraordinary Member

I'm pretty sure the #1 thing on his mind is that his career is back on the right track and everything else is secondary (which is understandable, of course). Maybe he wants to be another Curt Flood, but the latter had his baseball career ended prematurely. Is that what Ray really wants?
    That's assuming of course his motive are what he suggests they are and that he's not lying about whatever he says he's not lying about. I have my doubts at this point at to his motives.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    That's assuming of course his motive are what he suggests they are and that he's not lying about whatever he says he's not lying about. I have my doubts at this point at to his motives.
    You have a point, but I like to give all parties involved the benefit of the doubt until the evidence says something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Who announces a fake movie to deflect attention away from possible controversy?
    The guilty.

Extraordinary Member

He can demand anything, including unicorns. What he gets ranges from nothing, to most probably a counter suit if he sues, and maybe a suit even if he doesn't, to whatever he wants. Which isn't clear either. And of course that all depends on what he has. By now, WB and ATT probably know if anything went on that could be considered bad. If he's got nothing more than hurt feelings and disappointment, the most he'll get is a laugh in his face. Before being shown the door.

So...for him, a pretty high stakes game.

Not sure if this has been posted yet but here's a small update from Fisher: https://twitter.com/ray8fisher/statu...77151428128769

Warner Media is upset.
    "I swear to god, if I get banned..."