Page 28 of 130 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031323878128 ... LastLast

The problem I can foresee with Fisher's statement about Whedon's exit from The Nevers is that Fisher really put himself on the line there with no proof to back it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Fisher Twitter
    have no intention of allowing Joss Whedon to use the old Hollywood tactic of “exiting”, “stepping down”, or “walking away” to cover for his terrible behavior.

WarnerMedia’s JL investigation has been in full swing for over 3 weeks now.

This is undoubtedly a result of it.

A>E

https://twitter.com/ray8fisher/statu...72638516142082

Saying "undoubtedly" is not just expressing an opinion; it's making a concrete statement of fact. However, Fisher cannot know exactly what went down behind the scenes. Even if he heard gossip about it, it's just hearsay. If Whedon has a mind to, he can really use this to undermine Fisher's whole campaign against him.

This could come back to bite Fisher at a time when his credibility should not be called into question. Fisher should have played it smart and softened his statement to something like "I wouldn't be surprised if Whedon left because of the investigation." Notice how CBR's own headline added the word "believes." Those qualifying words can save a lot of heartache, legally speaking.

And, as for Ben Affleck's silence on the Fisher matter discussed above, I don't think it's as simple as Affleck being silent during the Weinstein reign of terror.

Remember, Affleck has his own #metoo incident that he's lucky has been forgotten about -- when he squeezed Hilary Burton's tit on live television.

I'm sure (in the "opinion" sense) that Affleck doesn't want his name anywhere near any type of misconduct investigation so that his own past doesn't get dredged up again.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    The problem I can foresee with Fisher's statement about Whedon's exit from The Nevers is that Fisher really put himself on the line there with no proof to back it up.

Saying "undoubtedly" is not just expressing an opinion; it's making a concrete statement of fact. However, Fisher cannot know exactly what went down behind the scenes. Even if he heard gossip about it, it's just hearsay. If Whedon has a mind to, he can really use this to undermine Fisher's whole campaign against him.

This could come back to bite Fisher at a time when his credibility should not be called into question. Fisher should have played it smart and softened his statement to something like "I wouldn't be surprised if Whedon left because of the investigation." Notice how CBR's own headline added the word "believes." Those qualifying words can save a lot of heartache, legally speaking.

And, as for Ben Affleck's silence on the Fisher matter discussed above, I don't think it's as simple as Affleck being silent during the Weinstein reign of terror.

Remember, Affleck has his own #metoo incident that he's lucky has been forgotten about -- when he squeezed Hilary Burton's tit on live television.

I'm sure (in the "opinion" sense) that Affleck doesn't want his name anywhere near any type of misconduct investigation so that his own past doesn't get dredged up again.
    Fisher is still trying to put pressure on WB through social media with these statements, but is it even remotely having any impact on potential ticket buyers? I have asked similar questions before and my answer is still no. Therefore, Fisher is only hurting himself, IMO.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Fisher is still trying to put pressure on WB through social media with these statements, but is it even remotely having any impact on potential ticket buyers? I have asked similar questions before and my answer is still no. Therefore, Fisher is only hurting himself, IMO.
    THIS RIGHT HERE.

Most of the folks who were going to watch that movie or whatever it is probably have not heard of Fisher's claims.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    THIS RIGHT HERE.

Most of the folks who were going to watch that movie or whatever it is probably have not heard of Fisher's claims.
    But every casting director in town surely has. Which means he's probably not getting cast again, now that he's likely pegged as a troublemaker, especially given that he failed to show anything in his role.

The man has already said that he doesn’t care if never gets another role again. Why does anyone think he cares about casting directors? Why does anyone even care if he ever works again? If that man is willing to do all this in the name of doing what he feels is right, then more power to him!

So he's focused back at Whedon again after feeling that he's still not taking responsibility for what happened despite the investigation actually uncovering stuff?

That behavior of him is kind of odd. If he's correct and Whedon was forced out because of the investigation, then it sounds like he got exactly what he's asking for. Is he mad that Whedon didn't also offer him a public apology and admit to any wrongdoing?

Quote Originally Posted by Iconic View Post
    The man has already said that he doesn’t care if never gets another role again. Why does anyone think he cares about casting directors? Why does anyone even care if he ever works again? If that man is willing to do all this in the name of doing what he feels is right, then more power to him!
    Because what he “feels” is right is irrelevant and has nothing to do with what is actually right. He’s chasing a vendetta based on perceived slights. No one actually cares if he works again, he was a charisma vacuum in True Detective and JL, we’re looking at this like a car wreck where he’s only embarrassing himself and it’s alternating between funny and sad. In his mind, everything Whedon and WB do is in reaction to him. His self-aggrandizing behavior is truly fascinating.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    But every casting director in town surely has. Which means he's probably not getting cast again, now that he's likely pegged as a troublemaker, especially given that he failed to show anything in his role.
    He was cast in nothing before or after the justice league which was suspicious but now who knows
    I’m sure some African American directors Mabey give him a shot

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

If Justice League had been a big critical and financial success and led to a starring role in a Cybprg film for Ray, yet he still went around saying the things he's saying now, then I believe many more people would be on his side now - a majority, even. That he's saying these things when his career was up in the air, however, is not helping his position one iota.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post

*claping
    That was beautiful
    Last edited by the COMET; 11-27-2020 at 07:37 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    He was cast in nothing before or after the justice league which was suspicious but now who knows
    I’m sure some African American directors Mabey give him a shot
    Why would they? There are literally thousands of much better actors than him who could fit in anything he'd be cast in, and most of them have charisma; he doesn't. And why would they want some guy who behaves like that?

Extraordinary Member

I think it right that I have Bezos' billions instead of him. He, I suspect, views it a bit differently, as does the law. So what Fisher thinks, if indeed he does think that, isn't relevant. It doesn't seem as if he knows much about how those things actually go together, making so many mistakes in his charges as to how movies actually get put together, ascribing common issues in movies to racism or whatever he's even claiming.

Ultimate Member

Okay who is going to PAY his BILLS?

Folks seem to forget about that.

He says he does not care-EVERYBODY including black casting agents and directors will make sure he doesn't work again.

This is not John Boyega who has a resume and a production company. Folks saw him get wronged by Star Wars.

To be FAIR not getting gigs after an expensive movie box office hit or not does happen to folks.

Daisy Riley has complained as well about getting passed over and not getting gigs. All she did was star in 3 films that made 3 billion.

Bill Bellamy VANISHED from Hollywood for a long time. The reason it was not because no one wanted to hire him. It was due to EVERY script he got wanting him to play Dray-the guy he played in How to be A Player.

Damon Wayans among other black actors have rejected scripts because they were tired of playing certain parts.

Neal McDonough does not do movies where his character has to do sex scenes and he QUIT a show over it.

It happens.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Okay who is going to PAY his BILLS?

Folks seem to forget about that.
    He doesn't seem to care about that or he wouldn't be fighting this hard in the first place. He seems to be at peace about this torching any possibility he ever had for a huge Hollywood leading man career.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    It really isn't that suspicious. He had no real film career and the film flopped and was poorly received, so he didn't get any work off his appearance in it. It happens all the time. An unknown young actor is lined up for a major role in a movie and then their career goes nowhere when it bombs.
    Last edited by Holt; 11-27-2020 at 03:54 PM.