Page 4 of 130 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Why would they? They film what's in front of the camera, not behind. And only when shooting starts; they're not filming all the time.
    Studios often film behind the scene stuff for DVD, interviews, making of books, and documentations, that sometimes include when actors arrived on set, getting makeup on, practicing their lines, break time and other funny moments, workers creating special effects, but yeah WB still owns the whole footage

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I think the longer this goes on, there's greater chance of Hollwood addressing at least some of the disgusting behavior that's been allowed for decades.

If Trump's election and this pandemic have accomplished anything worthwhile, it's that enough people have stopped caring about protecting people who should have been exposed for shady behavior decades ago.

Harvey Weinstein is a monster, yet he was allowed to do whatever he pleased for all this time. He may have been the worst of the bunch, but Bryan Singer and Kevin Spacey are certainly up there given the allegations that are being made about them.

I seriously doubt that whatever happened during the Justice League production comes close to what these guys have been accused of, but what Fisher is advocating for here, irregardless of whatever motives he may or may not have in terms of his career, needs to happen. Hollywood has a very long track record of sweeping undesirable information under the carpet, just as all corporations do.

Yes, we need to be careful about assuming guilt and make sure that we have enough facts before condemning anyone. I fell for that trap with Johnny Depp until we found out what a sociopath Amber Heard very likely is given all we've heard about her by now.

Whatever might have occurred during the production of Justice League, there clearly needs to be a real investigation that isn't simply another corporate clean-up that protects higher-ups from any real consequences. I have no idea what's true or what's spin, but there's clearly enough smoke coming out of this debacle that somebody needs to investigate to see whether or not there's a fire.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think the longer this goes on, there's greater chance of Hollwood addressing at least some of the disgusting behavior that's been allowed for decades.

If Trump's election and this pandemic have accomplished anything worthwhile, it's that enough people have stopped caring about protecting people who should have been exposed for shady behavior decades ago.

Harvey Weinstein is a monster, yet he was allowed to do whatever he pleased for all this time. He may have been the worst of the bunch, but Bryan Singer and Kevin Spacey are certainly up there given the allegations that are being made about them.

I seriously doubt that whatever happened during the Justice League production comes close to what these guys have been accused of, but what Fisher is advocating for here, irregardless of whatever motives he may or may not have in terms of his career, needs to happen. Hollywood has a very long track record of sweeping undesirable information under the carpet, just as all corporations do.

Yes, we need to be careful about assuming guilt and make sure that we have enough facts before condemning anyone. I fell for that trap with Johnny Depp until we found out what a sociopath Amber Heard very likely is given all we've heard about her by now.

Whatever might have occurred during the production of Justice League, there clearly needs to be a real investigation that isn't simply another corporate clean-up that protects higher-ups from any real consequences. I have no idea what's true or what's spin, but there's clearly enough smoke coming out of this debacle that somebody needs to investigate to see whether or not there's a fire.
    TBF, Fisher is the one making accusations while evading investigations at the same time, using a weird excuse that could be easily invalidated by the fact that Warner Media and WB are using the same legal team.

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    Honestly the fact that a major star came to Fisher’s defense and that WB faked a movie just loses WB the benefit of the doubt. Whedon has also had issues in the past (which I got blasted for bringing up in another thread) so this isn’t out of character for him. We can talk about him berating a star on one show for making his character too popular, at least two actresses being deceived with a script and then blindsided after they agreed to take the role, we can talk about Charisma Carpentar on Angel and how she felt Joss kinda a created a hostile work environment. We can talk about the rumors of the whole Ezra and Gal breast landing thing that nobody involved denies. And now Mamoa is saying **** went down.

Like right now WB has a credibility issue and Whedon isn’t exactly some guy with a spotless record that it’s unfair to question.
    To this day I really cannot stand Joss Whedon for what he did to Charisma, essentially firing her after 7 years in the Buffyverse because she got pregnant.

So while I'm inclined to distrust Whedon and to believe anyone when they come forward with accusations, I can't really form an opinion on this case before more details are provided. I honestly think that Fisher should have chosen between using Twitter to expose Whedon/ Johns or the legal route. Doing both at the same time makes things messy and it's harder for fans to support (and decide how they feel about the incidents themselves) because we are unable to get any concrete details.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    TBF, Fisher is the one making accusations while evading investigations at the same time, using a weird excuse that could be easily invalidated by the fact that Warner Media and WB are using the same legal team.
    At this point, I think everyone is a little suspect, but we are seeing only a small part of what's going on behind the scenes. Fisher has opened himself up to a lot of legal trouble if he says too much, but he also knows that keeping silent about it and going through the proper internal channels didn't end up addressing the problems. I have no idea if Fisher's allegations have merit, but I think his extreme caution is somewhat reasonable given how often Hollywood sweeps stuff under the rug.

I seriously doubt we'll ever know the full truth about what happened, but I hope that Fisher's actions get Hollywood to change its ways whatever his motivations. It's a foregone conclusion that he's pretty much torpedoed any career he might have had within the studio system, even if he ends up being vindicated.

Astonishing Member

At this point, I think everyone is a little suspect, but we are seeing only a small part of what's going on behind the scenes. Fisher has opened himself up to a lot of legal trouble if he says too much, but he also knows that keeping silent about it and going through the proper internal channels didn't end up addressing the problems. I have no idea if Fisher's allegations have merit, but I think his extreme caution is somewhat reasonable given how often Hollywood sweeps stuff under the rug.
    Fisher opened himself up to legal trouble by saying Whedon committed abuse, the only reason he hasn't been sued by now is probably because Whedon thinks it's not worth the effort. Except what he's doing loses its impact since he won't say specifics, this is not how allegations are done. It's not focused, it's all over the place and it's not standard procedure on social media. Social media is launch specific complaints, along with interviews. Fisher's done neither. He did have the option of staying silent and going tac our, except he's found a strange third option of making noise in the media, avoiding clarity and not doing anything else. Despite the fact he acts like he's in a law suit as we speak. It's very confusing. Abuse allegations aren't meant to be this muddled. We don't know his allegations, they come off short as allegations. Extremest caution is expected, but that kind of caution does not look like this.

I seriously doubt we'll ever know the full truth about what happened, but I hope that Fisher's actions get Hollywood to change its ways whatever his motivations. It's a foregone conclusion that he's pretty much torpedoed any career he might have had within the studio system, even if he ends up being vindicated.
    The sad part is that he did this to himself, nothing will come of this by how's this has been done. That we don't know the motivations is why this feels like chaos. Along with the hypocrisy of stying silent over abuse at least two of his cast mates have been involved in.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    To this day I really cannot stand Joss Whedon for what he did to Charisma, essentially firing her after 7 years in the Buffyverse because she got pregnant.

So while I'm inclined to distrust Whedon and to believe anyone when they come forward with accusations, I can't really form an opinion on this case before more details are provided. I honestly think that Fisher should have chosen between using Twitter to expose Whedon/ Johns or the legal route. Doing both at the same time makes things messy and it's harder for fans to support (and decide how they feel about the incidents themselves) because we are unable to get any concrete details.
    Again, this whole thing could be settled if Fisher and Mamoa specify exactly what they accuse Whedon and the others of, not just accuse them if vague terms of something they don't like. Either file a suit if they have a case, or just disclose it in social media as they have the accusations if they have no legal recourse. Hiding the details while accusing Whedon and the others of something...seems as though they're the ones with something to hide.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Fisher opened himself up to legal trouble by saying Whedon committed abuse, the only reason he hasn't been sued by now is probably because Whedon thinks it's not worth the effort. Except what he's doing loses its impact since he won't say specifics, this is not how allegations are done. It's not focused, it's all over the place and it's not standard procedure on social media. Social media is launch specific complaints, along with interviews. Fisher's done neither. He did have the option of staying silent and going tac our, except he's found a strange third option of making noise in the media, avoiding clarity and not doing anything else. Despite the fact he acts like he's in a law suit as we speak. It's very confusing. Abuse allegations aren't meant to be this muddled. We don't know his allegations, they come off short as allegations. Extremest caution is expected, but that kind of caution does not look like this.

The sad part is that he did this to himself, nothing will come of this by how's this has been done. That we don't know the motivations is why this feels like chaos. Along with the hypocrisy of stying silent over abuse at least two of his cast mates have been involved in.
    Two? I think Miller was accused of something, I don't recall what, but who's the other?

Two? I think Miller was accused of something, I don't recall what, but who's the other?
    I think he's referring to Jason Momoa tearing up Amber Heard's books on the set of Aquaman? Apparently if he didn't feel like Heard was paying enough attention to what he was saying he would grab whatever book she was reading and tear a few pages out of it. Reported by Heard on the tonight show back in Dec 18. Doesn't feel like she was complaining that it was abuse though.

On topic, good for Ray that he finally got one of his colleagues to show some support for him. But if wants to be taken seriously he's gonna have to get more specific, otherwise it is all too easy to just chalk it up to 'rookie actor upset that his part was reduced and his dialogue suggestions weren't adopted', which is pretty much where i'm at. I think Ray assumed that in this era people will accept cryptic accusations on face value, depending on who is making the accusations... which to be fair, is very much in vogue with a certain segment of self-styled progressives. However, there is a difference, at least in the public's perception, between the difficulties in reporting sexual assault and in reporting 'toxic and abusive' behavior on a movie set, hence so many people being dismissive of his claims until he comes up with something more specific.

There is no doubt that the reshoots were tense and probably Joss was a jerk, but until Ray brings the receipts this is going nowhere. The claims about Geoff Johns threatening Fisher's career are difficult to assess, was he threatening Ray or just pointing out how Hollywood works? The proof is kind of in the pudding as Ray has gotten little work since JL and seemingly his only upcoming gig is a potential flash cameo.

Incredible Member

NDAs do not cover illegal activities.

Astonishing Member

Amber Heard has been accused of being abusive in her relationship with Johnny Depp.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Miller did that at a red carpet event IIRC. On camera. But he could find out, he's got more contact with the industry and Miller himself than we do. Abuse shouldn't be tolerated anywhere, not simply because it didn't personally involve ourselves or the business relationship we're in. Because if this does eventually blow up on Miller, and somehow Fisher does get to be Cyborg in the new Flash film Miller's the star of it will directly impact him. His "stand" is not a social moment, he's not doing what John Boyega's doing with Black Lives Matter it's about Fisher personally being abused on set. Supposedly Fisher's upset about others at WB looking the other way when he was abused, which would be very ironic when it came to Miller. If he was just staying silent to maintain his business credentials until his next role this might have worked, it's be terrible but consistent but that's not what Fisher's doing. He's shouting from the rooftops about abuse and naming names. Fisher's got more to lose by angering Whedon than Miller. It's his burden because that's what he's chosen to make himself by taking down Whedon, Berg and WB's top management. Nobody else is doing this. People support other people when they are abused, this is how #MeToo gained traction and why Weinstein is in prison for life. The problem with Fisher is that all he's accused Whedon of "abuse," acts like he's in the middle of a court case on social media, and refuses to clarify anything of substance. How it works is by calling out abuse, and Fisher hasn't done that properly. And he has remained silent when another cast member was in a scandal abusing someone on camera. It's selfish to do something for your own gain but refuse to help others in similar circumstances. Fisher reached out to Peter Shinoka to support each other, but a no name who was abused on camera by a co-star? Hasn't got the time of day to say a word.
    See, that's the key difference for me. Your boss has a duty, a responsibility to ensure that you are lawfully protected from abuse or discrimination. Your boss also has a clear amount of institutional power over you. Fisher has no control over what his coworkers do in their private lives, and while it would appear Miller's actions can't be justified by any kind of "playing around" excuse, he doesn't know for sure becuase the situation has nothing to do with him. It's unfair to browbeat someone who claims they suffered abuse for not calling out other instances of abuse that have nothing to do with them or aren't analogous situations. And if we're going to assume he can use his contacts to find out whether that woman received any kind of restitution, we must also assume that we don't know if Fisher knows that and keeps quiet on that basis. That's multiple layers of speculation.

As far as Fisher not giving details, I've already outlined the strategic reasons for it. I think it's weird that fans feel entitled to these details right away. Sure it's frustrating not to hear a concrete accusation, but this process has only just begun and any potential claims have to be preserved with accuracy, not blurted out.

He said he’d already watched the Snycer Cut while refused to say any details about that during a interview with MTV when the RTSC twitter movement was hyped up. That was obviously a lie because 1) he said he wanted to watch Snyder’s version of JL at another time, that means it’s impossible he’d seen it. 2)we all knew the Snyder Cut didn’t exist back then because WB reinvested 30m to get it done. Momoa did what he did to support Snyder and his crew in return for the career development Snyder’s helped with.
    Why is it out of the realm of possibility that he saw the unfinished version?

You know it's kind of sad that all this behind the scenes and backstage drama is actually more interesting than either version of Justice League.

How is it "easily invalidated"? The conflict of interest is pretty apparent. An internal investigation is different than an impartial workplace investigation, and Fisher claims the existing investigator has ignored/ghosted witnesses who gave "damning" statements to HR.