Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Default Warner Bros/Joss Whedon/Ray Fisher Justice League

Since the DC Films thread has become dominated by this stuff, let's just give the whole $#!*show it's own thread. This way, the DC Films thread can get back to doing what it does best--arguing about Man of Steel and BvS

I kid, I kid.

Seriously, with the latest comments by Mamoa, it's looking very likely that lots of heads are going to be put on chopping blocks over the next year. Given how much money Aquaman made, I think Mamoa is in a pretty safe position to handle whatever they throw at him. It's not like they're going to not make Aquaman 2 or recast him. Getting Gadot and Mamoa as Wonder Woman and Aquaman was like catching lightning in a bottle. Even Hollywood isn't stupid enough to throw that away.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Since the DC Films thread has become dominated by this stuff, let's just give the whole $#!*show it's own thread. This way, the DC Films thread can get back to doing what it does best--arguing about Man of Steel and BvS

I kid, I kid.

Seriously, with the latest comments by Mamoa, it's looking very likely that lots of heads are going to be put on chopping blocks over the next year. Given how much money Aquaman made, I think Mamoa is in a pretty safe position to handle whatever they throw at him. It's not like they're going to not make Aquaman 2 or recast him. Getting Gadot and Mamoa as Wonder Woman and Aquaman was like catching lightning in a bottle. Even Hollywood isn't stupid enough to throw that away.
    I think you over estimate Hollywood/corporate bureaucracy. I doubt anything serious will come from this.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I think you over estimate Hollywood/corporate bureaucracy. I doubt anything serious will come from this.
    Seriously. Looks like very small potatoes so far.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    Seriously. Looks like very small potatoes so far.
    Yes, **** treatment isn't specific enough. Now, if Fisher start making acusations of racism, for example, then things will get serious. But I have a question, all of this happened while they were filming, shouldn't they have tons of footage that can show waht happened?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Yes, **** treatment isn't specific enough. Now, if Fisher start making acusations of racism, for example, then things will get serious. But I have a question, all of this happened while they were filming, shouldn't they have tons of footage that can show waht happened?
    Footage owned by WB, Fisher would need to legally obtain it but to do that requires suing WB and he hasn't reached that stage yet. It's understandable since he's the underdog, but it's puzzling why he's going so hard and so fast without clarity or filing a lawsuit by now. Maybe he wants Whedon, Berg or WB to sue him first? It's difficult to tell since Fisher's holding all his cards to his vest it's impossible to know where he truly stands.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Footage owned by WB, Fisher would need to legally obtain it but to do that requires suing WB and he hasn't reached that stage yet. It's understandable since he's the underdog, but it's puzzling why he's going so hard and so fast without clarity or filing a lawsuit by now. Maybe he wants Whedon, Berg or WB to sue him first? It's difficult to tell since Fisher's holding all his cards to his vest it's impossible to know where he truly stands.
    I believe that, while Fisher feels that he was mistreated, he also knows that nothing actually illegal happened, so he is only accusing Wheadon of abusive behaviour and Geoff, Johns and the other producer of enabling him.

But the problems is that abusive behaviour can mean many different things, and I think Fisher should be more clear about what happened, once the public knows what he went through, he can get more support.

Extraordinary Member

Why would they? They film what's in front of the camera, not behind. And only when shooting starts; they're not filming all the time.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Why would they? They film what's in front of the camera, not behind. And only when shooting starts; they're not filming all the time.
    Studios often film behind the scene stuff for DVD, interviews, making of books, and documentations, that sometimes include when actors arrived on set, getting makeup on, practicing their lines, break time and other funny moments, workers creating special effects, but yeah WB still owns the whole footage

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Yes, **** treatment isn't specific enough. Now, if Fisher start making acusations of racism, for example, then things will get serious.
    Right, but since we're all in the dark over the details, I can't beat up on Whedon and Friends at the moment.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Now Fisher is claiming that WB has been making all these announcements to "distract" from the investigation. But, what does that even mean? There's an active investigation, and they will find what they find regardless of WB announcing Keaton in the Flash movie or not. It may distract the general public, but why does that matter if there's already an investigation taking place? The general public has no bearing on the case. It would seem then that what he cares about is the attention his story is getting and he wants everyone to see his side and stay in the headlines. (though he's not being the most forthcoming himself) Whether he's right or not about Whedon's behavior, this kind of thing isn't helping his credibility, imo.

And why doesn't he call out his Flash colleague for choking a woman if he cares about abusive behavior? Because he's negotiating to be in "Flashpoint?" Until real details come out about the abuse and it's corroborated by someone on the record, I can't take him seriously and it just seems like he and Whedon didn't get along.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 09-16-2020 at 09:25 AM.

Since the DC Films threadhas become dominated by this stuff, let's just give the whole $#!*show it's own thread.
    So you decided to spread it over here too! LOL!
    Last edited by Güicho; 09-16-2020 at 07:13 AM.

I kid, I kid.

Do not underestimate the skill Warner Brothers have for turning a silk purse into a pigs ear... they’ve a track record going back decades on doing so.