Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 448
  1. #211
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Posts
    3,623

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kjn View Post
    That's a deflection, because it is not the job of the actors to shape and form the workplace environment. It is the job of the director and the producers. Actors play a part in that, as members of the workplace, but they are not responsible for it in the way directors and producers are.
    They may not the highest ranking members but they do have power, like when the cast of the X-men films protested Singer for writing Halle Berry poorly. And many actors are producers, like Tom Cruise. On his films he outranks directors of his own movies. They do have some responsibility, their own cast mates and crew will get the brunt of it when others don't stand up for them or look the other way because they don't want to risk a pay check. That's what the bad managers want them to do, it let's them get away with everything. When everyone is complicit nobody's going to rock the boat too hard because then people will ask questions about what they doing when x happened.

  2. #212
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    5,897

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    They may not the highest ranking members but they do have power, like when the cast of the X-men films protested Singer for writing Halle Berry poorly.
    This is a little off topic, but a new revelation about that story finally came out recently. It had nothing to do with how Halle Berry was being written. Singer had fired producer Tom DeSanto for banning Singer's drug dealer from the set. This led to Hugh Jackman nearly being seriously injured during a stunt because Singer was high (again). The cast protested to Singer about getting DeSanto back, which is where the famous "You can kiss my black ass" quote from Berry came from, which Singer's minions later leaked to the industry press as Berry simply being upset about her character's poor treatment (which I'm sure was also true).

    Ah, Hollywood. What horrible behavior can't you cover up?

  3. #213
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    5,897

    Default

    Speaking of spin, here's an article Nelson & Johns had done on them back in 2017. It's a very interesting read given what we now know about what was going on behind the scenes...
    https://www.vulture.com/2017/09/dc-w...-universe.html

  4. #214
    Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    12,367

    Default

    Interview: Ray Fisher Talks Toxic Justice League Set, WarnerMedia Investigation, And Erasing Characters Of Color: https://www.forbes.com/sites/sherazf...ters-of-color/

  5. #215
    Extraordinary Member WebLurker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    7,621

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Interview: Ray Fisher Talks Toxic Justice League Set, WarnerMedia Investigation, And Erasing Characters Of Color: https://www.forbes.com/sites/sherazf...ters-of-color/
    Still highly skeptical of the situation, but if true, something's got to change.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

  6. #216
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    57,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Interview: Ray Fisher Talks Toxic Justice League Set, WarnerMedia Investigation, And Erasing Characters Of Color: https://www.forbes.com/sites/sherazf...ters-of-color/
    Jeez, this gets worse and worse.

    I didn't really think too deeply into the characters they were cutting, but the fact that most of them were POC is kind of notable.

  7. #217
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    1,355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Interview: Ray Fisher Talks Toxic Justice League Set, WarnerMedia Investigation, And Erasing Characters Of Color: https://www.forbes.com/sites/sherazf...ters-of-color/
    Reading that, I see nothing new, just more stuff that sounds like he's bitter because he wasn't a big star as promised. He backs up nothing, and has no support other than Mamoa, who sounded more upset he didn't get some dumb movie role. Fisher didn't exactly light the screen up with his portrayal, so perhaps there's a reason he's not in the movie as much as he would have been with Snyder. He just doesn't seem to be a good actor. As for the others, well, I've noticed Snyder movies tend to be about 3 hours long and in desperate need of editing. Losing some minor characters, and cutting the role of well, the least needed character there, isn't unreasonable. Hell, LoTR cut Tom Bombadil, for good reasons.

  8. #218
    Fantastic Member basbash99's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    East Taunton, Mass, USA
    Posts
    494

    Default

    Was just thinking yesterday, man its been a mercifully long time since we've heard more complaints from Fisher. Still not giving us any specifics as to how Whedon was toxic and abusive, i see. well, maybe someday.

    Not really surprising that the 4-hour snyder cut has room to squeeze in Iris West, etc. while the Whedon version with a studio mandate to be under 2 hours did not. Feels like as it stands Cyborg's dad got just as much screentime as Mera & Alfred, i'm guessing Lois got a bit more. and certainly Cyborg got more of a subplot/arc than Flash or Aquaman or WW, really. Not that any of them had substantial arcs, but again, mandated runtime of under 2 hours.

    They really should have gone with John Stewart GL but between the Reynolds flop and Geoff John's nu52 reinvention of Cyborg as a founding JLA member guess they didn't feel like it was an option.

  9. #219
    Mighty Member Iconic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    1,763

    Default

    Fisher is literally living the superhero life. Risking it all to do what is right. Can’t knock that at all.

    Sadly, there’s always some henchmen who are happy to support the “big bad villain” as long as they somehow benefit.

  10. #220
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,798

    Default

    If I was a betting man, I’d say WB is keeping quiet till they see if the Snyder cut brings returns, at which point Johns goes under a bus true or not. But if this is true, then WB will need to make an example of Johns as a comics creator in addition to firing him.

    The most obvious and personally painful to Johns would be Cancelling Stargirl’s show and punting Courtney into the “unofficially blacklisted’ end of Limbo. And probably event-fodder Simon

  11. #221
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    57,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    The most obvious and personally painful to Johns would be Cancelling Stargirl’s show and punting Courtney into the “unofficially blacklisted’ end of Limbo. And probably event-fodder Simon
    That would suck for the actors, the fans of the show, Courtney as a character, and Courtney Johns' memory. And that isn't worth foddering Simon right after announcing he's going to be in the new HBOMax show and because he's a POC character.

  12. #222
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Motavia
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by basbash99 View Post
    They really should have gone with John Stewart GL but between the Reynolds flop and Geoff John's nu52 reinvention of Cyborg as a founding JLA member guess they didn't feel like it was an option.
    I would say the main determining factor above anything else to that likely NEVER happening was that Geoff Johns had a position as prominent as he did. Not even the most bankable actor in Hollywood at the time (The Rock) could get any traction for John Stewart. Just probably was never going to fly on Geoff Johns' watch. It would likely be Hal, and if not, one or both of his pet creations. We basically already saw how he would handle things when he was running DC in 2016 during Rebirth. One GL book had Hal's name on it, and the other had his pet characters starring.

  13. #223
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    57,352

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Falz View Post
    I would say the main determining factor above anything else to that likely NEVER happening was that Geoff Johns had a position as prominent as he did. Not even the most bankable actor in Hollywood at the time (The Rock) could get any traction for John Stewart. Just probably was never going to fly on Geoff Johns' watch. It would likely be Hal, and if not, one or both of his pet creations. We basically already saw how he would handle things when he was running DC in 2016 during Rebirth. One GL book had Hal's name on it, and the other had his pet characters starring.
    The main rumor was of a buddy cop movie with Hal and John, the two most popular male Lanterns (which is why people assume neither are in the GL show on HBOMax).

  14. #224
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That would suck for the actors, the fans of the show, Courtney as a character, and Courtney Johns' memory. And that isn't worth foddering Simon right after announcing he's going to be in the new HBOMax show and because he's a POC character.
    Stargirl’s show being Johns’ baby means this is going to stick to it regardless. I personally hope it doesn’t happen (I picked the most hurtful thing DC could do to Johns to cover their ass) but this is going to bite all of his legacy in the ass far more than whining about Centrism etc

    As for Simon, the HBO Max show is far enough away and potentially budget heavy enough that the announced line-up is bound to change, because Johns certainly won’t be a producer on it once production starts. I hope he stays in

  15. #225
    BANNED
    Join Date
    Oct 2020
    Location
    Motavia
    Posts
    117

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The main rumor was of a buddy cop movie with Hal and John, the two most popular male Lanterns (which is why people assume neither are in the GL show on HBOMax).
    Okay, I'll amend my statement.

    John Stewart as THE STAR of a Green Lantern film was never going to happen on Geoff Johns' watch. I don't know how a buddy cop film with John and Hal would turn out with Geoff Johns in an influential position, but if I was a John Stewart fan, I would by no means feel confident about that scenario. By no means, indeed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •