Page 16 of 130 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jeez, this gets worse and worse.

I didn't really think too deeply into the characters they were cutting, but the fact that most of them were POC is kind of notable.
    They were trying to cut a 3+ hour movie to 2 hours, but yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Stargirl’s show being Johns’ baby means this is going to stick to it regardless. I personally hope it doesn’t happen (I picked the most hurtful thing DC could do to Johns to cover their ass) but this is going to bite all of his legacy in the ass far more than whining about Centrism etc

As for Simon, the HBO Max show is far enough away and potentially budget heavy enough that the announced line-up is bound to change, because Johns certainly won’t be a producer on it once production starts. I hope he stays in
    I just don't see the need for stuff that's actually good to have to suffer as some form of "punishment" even if I'd want to see Johns face consequences if he's acted improperly. I mean, if we're talking Simon, they should throw out Jessica too but she's already made her mark in DC media just like Courtney has, so one way or another it's kind of gone beyond Johns at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Falz View Post
    Okay, I'll amend my statement.

John Stewart as THE STAR of a Green Lantern film was never going to happen on Geoff Johns' watch. I don't know how a buddy cop film with John and Hal would turn out with Geoff Johns in an influential position, but if I was a John Stewart fan, I would by no means feel confident about that scenario. By no means, indeed.
    I couldn't say either given the lack of precedent, other than the few times we saw Hal and John together during the Johns run where they worked fairly well together.

Extraordinary Member

Does Geoff get residuals from Courtney and Simon?

They’re still DC owned characters, right?

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    The problem, and I say this as someone who has perhaps gone over the line in their dislike of Johns before, is that A) Fisher’s claim that Johns was responsible for Whedon’s behaviour was immediately followed up by the accusation about DMing a 17 year old and B) the Snyder cut conspiracies had curdled into a white hot ball of hate years ago (eg the accusation that he leaked all of Snyder’s vision to Feige in 2013, anything to come out of Grace Randolph etc), C) contempt for Doomsday Clock and D) a belief that he poisoned DC, E) Prev. closeness to EVS, F) being originally hired by Berganza etc etc

I don’t like Johns, and if there’s a hint of B being true I’d advocate scrubbing all trace of him or his works from DC; but I can’t help but notice that Fisher seems to rely on the Snyder Cut legions to do his signal boosting. Given the circumstances I would want to believe Fisher, but there’s something off here
    Okay, I guess I’m sufficiently curious to ask what everybody’s beef with Geoff johns is.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Jeez, this gets worse and worse.

I didn't really think too deeply into the characters they were cutting, but the fact that most of them were POC is kind of notable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Trimming the film down was probably the right call since I don't imagine the bloat Snyder intended would have benefited the film at all. But who got cut is an incredibly bad looking coincidence (if it wasn't deliberate).

If there is any truth to that lightening the skin tone of one of the actors in post, they deserve the heat they will get.

Incredible Member

Forbes have removed Ray Fisher's accusation about altering a skin tone of a actor: https://www.reddit.com/r/DC_Cinemati...cle_to_remove/

Quote Originally Posted by Coal Tiger View Post
    Seems like the real problem is that all the roles they gave to BIPOCs were so minor they were easy to cut

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Does Geoff get residuals from Courtney and Simon?

They’re still DC owned characters, right?
    Depends on the contract a creator has with the company.

Also there are times where DC has given up (or sold) rights to a character. See Priest's Xero and Stuart Moore's Bloodhound.

They are not going to bury Star Girl-if they were that show would not be sniffing the CW network right now. Tossing Simon away would be way easier since no one is using him and while the HBO mentioned him-nothing says they can't kill him off on the show.

How great would that backlash be? He's not Ms Marvel with 70+ solo issues, toys, cartoon appearances and a still in demand trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Thezmage View Post
    Seems like the real problem is that all the roles they gave to BIPOCs were so minor they were easy to cut
    Right, the problem with this type of "color blinding casting" is this, they make a bunch of minor characters minorities, but the really important characters are all white. Riverdale is getting some blacklash because of this.

What did they expect, that they would cut off Lois Lane, MARTHA!, Alfred or Mera? No, they would cut Flash's never seen before girlfriend (on the DCEU), Cyborg never mentioned mother, etc.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Ugh, this is such a debacle.

Heads are going to roll here. There's no getting around it. Whose heads is the only question.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Ugh, this is such a debacle.

Heads are going to roll here. There's no getting around it. Whose heads is the only question.
    Unless it's proven that Fisher was making baseless charges?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Unless it's proven that Fisher was making baseless charges?
    If that's proven, then Fisher's head will roll because no one will ever hire him again.

Like I said, it's just a matter of whose heads will roll.

Incredible Member

Ray Fisher's accusation about altering a skin tone through color modulation shows he is just spreading rumors and truly knows nothing about film production. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    Ray Fisher's accusation about altering a skin tone through color modulation shows he is just spreading rumors and truly knows nothing about film production. LOL.
    Yes, he's coming off as paranoid in the article. Granted, if I was taking on a giant multinational corporation, I'd be a little paranoid, too. The fake Frosty movie announcement shows that somebody is worried about what Fisher has to say. Whoever it is certainly miscalculated because it sounds like that's what got Mamoa to break his own silence.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Yes, he's coming off as paranoid in the article. Granted, if I was taking on a giant multinational corporation, I'd be a little paranoid, too. The fake Frosty movie announcement shows that somebody is worried about what Fisher has to say. Whoever it is certainly miscalculated because it sounds like that's what got Mamoa to break his own silence.
    To be paranoid means he would be suspicious and afraid of what people would do to him. What he did has nothing to do with paranoid. This is plainly framing.