Page 17 of 130 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Yes, he's coming off as paranoid in the article. Granted, if I was taking on a giant multinational corporation, I'd be a little paranoid, too. The fake Frosty movie announcement shows that somebody is worried about what Fisher has to say. Whoever it is certainly miscalculated because it sounds like that's what got Mamoa to break his own silence.
    I worked for a company, theyd have questionable behaviors, like forcing you to work before your shift or an hour after your shift, theyd be condescending to employees, once saying because X employee had a health problem, theyd never get hired anywhere else, so basically suck it up.get back to work.

One guy gave his 2 weeks notices and they said he wouldnt show up on the schedule, ie basically fired.

I tried here and there to stand up to them. In the end it drove me nuts, when a friend recommended another company I bounced. Left on good terms.

Honestly in life you gotta pick battles.

Even if Fisher is 100% correct about these accusations...

Is the damage he does to his rep worth it?

He should have filed a basic complaint. Dropped it and went auditioning ... just focus on building his career...

Honestly so many factors and players, its gonna be hard to pin what blame there is if any...

Pick the battles... based on what I heard this will ruin what little career he had most likely..

And for what?

But who knows maybe this will work out for him

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    To be paranoid means he would be suspicious and afraid of what people would do to him. What he did has nothing to do with paranoid. This is plainly framing.
    He's risking his career. He should be afraid of what people could do to him if this doesn't work. He'd be famous for being either the actor who can't keep his mouth shut about corporate malfeasance or the actor who lied to help his career. Either way, he should absolutely be afraid and paranoid. I certainly would be.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    But who knows maybe this will work out for him
    I think the chances of Fisher coming out of this with a career in Hollywood are pretty thin, irregardless of how these accusations pan out.

Incredible Member

He's risking his career. He should be afraid of what people could do to him if this doesn't work. He'd be famous for being either the actor who can't keep his mouth shut about corporate malfeasance or the actor who lied to help his career. Either way, he should absolutely be afraid and paranoid. I certainly would be.
    You didn't get it.
    Making accusations without any true context may be paranoid. Using an unreasonable rumor to accuse someone as "racist" is just malicious.
    He is not calling Whedon racist because he is afraid, he is doing this because he wants to ruin Whedon with whatever he's got, no matter it's true, credible or not.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    To be paranoid means he would be suspicious and afraid of what people would do to him. What he did has nothing to do with paranoid. This is plainly framing.
    It's a situation where a corporation will protect their management, this a natural response to anything coming at their stars, it's not evidence that Whedon and co. are guilty which Fisher implies. And it's strange how Fisher won't even consider the fact Whedon cutting small roles like that from a 2 hour film wasn't necessarily because he's racist. Curious how he has nothing to say about Snyder who was ok only putting minority actors in roles like that and still no sign of J'onn.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    It's a situation where a corporation will protect their management, this a natural response to anything coming at their stars, it's not evidence that Whedon and co. are guilty which Fisher implies. And it's strange how Fisher won't even consider the fact Whedon cutting small roles like that from a 2 hour film wasn't necessarily because he's racist. Curious how he has nothing to say about Snyder who was ok only putting minority actors in roles like that and still no sign of J'onn.
    Snyder was the one who cast Momoa as Aquaman and his original take had a bigger role for Cyborg. Even if he put minority characters in minor roles - and he's done the same for white characters - it isn't the same as downplaying or removing minority characters period.

Quote Originally Posted by Menacer View Post
    Even if Fisher is 100% correct about these accusations...

Is the damage he does to his rep worth it?
    Sounded like in that article where he was quoted, that he was okay with destroying his career over staying silent and working in an industry that was as corrupt as he's making it out to be. While it's his life, he's certainly playing with pretty high stakes, regardless of whether he's a whistleblower or someone blowing smoke rings.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Snyder was the one who cast Momoa as Aquaman and his original take had a bigger role for Cyborg. Even if he put minority characters in minor roles - and he's done the same for white characters - it isn't the same as downplaying or removing minority characters period.
    His take would have been cut down to pieces like Whedon's, Whedon didn't do that because he wanted to he was forced to by WB since they got gun-shy about 3 hour movies after Batman vs Superman. The only reason Snyder is able to expand their roles is because the mini-series he got green lit is giving him more breathing room then Whedon ever got. Whedon was a on tight schedule ordered from above, Snyder's restriction's with the Snyder Cut are night and day, just like with Batman vs Superman. This is why Fisher pointing to this to Whedon being racist doesn't track, what's fine for Snyder is bad for Whedon. It's not like Snyder hasn't put minority actors in reduced roles before, like Mercy Graves in B vs S, and not a word of complaint from Fisher.

Astonishing Member

Thing is even if wholly vindicated Fisher will probably never work again, because Hollywood hates those who call out issues and win far more than those perpetuating the corruption

Which is, separate from any prior record re Whedon & Johns, the biggest bona tides for Fisher

A little adjustment:

Quote Originally Posted by king of hybrids View Post
    Thing is even if wholly vindicated Superman will probably never be accepted again, because the corrupt government hates those who call out issues and win far more than those who stand against the corruption
    Since this is a comic book forum I felt it was fitting to put it in those terms.

Extraordinary Member

I think the chances of Fisher coming out of this with a career in Hollywood are pretty thin, irregardless of how these accusations pan out.
    I agree, but because I don't think he has "it", that indefinable star quality. Most of his costars did, to varying degrees, but he just didn't. I know his role was cut from what it might have been, but he should have compelled my gaze when he was onscreen, and when he was off, I should have wanted him back. Instead, it was "meh" from me. Even Gadot, probably the worst actor there, had some charisma, but Fisher, probably the third worst actor there IMO, (after Gadot and Cavill IMO), didn't get a response from me at all.

Without that, given his expectations are probably sky high, and given his lack of much acting talent, I don't see much there for him aside from the TV guest star route. And how many people in Hollywood are going to want to work with him now, given his handling of this, assuming there actually is a "this" to be found when all is said and done?

He doesn’t have “it”? Wow. The actor/character, who was set to be “the heart” of the film, who had the bulk of his scenes removed is being judged by his stripped back body of work. *shrugs* Henchmen gotta hench I guess.

Yes, he's coming off as paranoid in the article. Granted, if I was taking on a giant multinational corporation, I'd be a little paranoid, too. The fake Frosty movie announcement shows that somebody is worried about what Fisher has to say. Whoever it is certainly miscalculated because it sounds like that's what got Mamoa to break his own silence.
    Nothing about the fake Frosty movie makes any sense whatsoever. If they were concerned about Fisher why would they announce Momoa was going to star in a Frosty movie the day Fisher makes his first vague allegations. Has Momoa expressed a strong desire to make a Frosty movie before, such that this is sufficient carrot to attract him? Why did it take Momoa a month after the announcement to say anything about it?

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

He's still being purposefully vague here, but we have slightly more indication of what his complaints are. "Racist conversations" and "massive blowups, threats, coercion, taunting, unsafe work conditions, belittling, and gaslighting like you wouldn’t believe." The cast was also apparently lied to and tricked into lying about Joss being Snyder's choice.

“You really have to ask yourself, what’s more plausible—that I would purposely torpedo my career by making statements about powerful figures in Hollywood, that, if untrue, could be easily refuted. OR a handful people in positions of power said and did terrible things in order to maintain that power during a massive corporate merger.”

It's not a bulletproof argument, but it's compelling. Given Momoa's statement of support, I see no reason to believe that some impropriety didn't go down. We just have to wait and see exactly how much and of what nature.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Unless there is actual evidence of wrongdoing, Fisher is in a hole of his own making. I'm still not seeing anything that will get him out of it, either.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?