Page 9 of 130 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    You could very well be right, but all this speculation and supposition on our parts is based upon so little information, it's very difficult to say whether or not Fisher is actually going about this in the best way possible.
    Precisely. We don't actually know what the strategy is, and thus using social media to pressure WB while still holding back certain details may or may not help him get what he wants. It's frustrating as fans, but we simply can't say. "Shut up or file a big lawsuit" is too simplistic.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HAN9000 View Post
    How many months does he need to get his representatives for another meeting?
    Months? Didn't this just happen last week?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    As has been pointed out earlier, an actual crime doesn't invalidate a NDA. Now an NDA could hold him back potentially against a civil action, but he could still go to civil court for a contract issue (though not broadcast it publicly). IMO, what Ray is doing is pressuring WB through social media to do his bidding and hoping that will do the trick without having to put real meat on his allegations. Maybe it will work, but I won't bet any money on it.

The funny thing is I like him and understand where he's coming from. I just think he's burning a whole lot of bridges and probably his career, which is unfortunate.
    I don’t believe Fisher is accusing anyone of doing anything illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Precisely. We don't actually know what the strategy is, and thus using social media to pressure WB while still holding back certain details may or may not help him get what he wants. It's frustrating as fans, but we simply can't say. "Shut up or file a big lawsuit" is too simplistic.
    Agreed. Given how little we know, I can't understand how anyone here can have such a definitive opinion on the matter. We likely know less than 5% of what the situation is.

Extraordinary Member

I feel for ray fisher but Cyborg is not worth all this
    If this delays anything

Astonishing Member kingaliencracker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    I feel for ray fisher but Cyborg is not worth all this
    If this delays anything
    Well, you believe one of two scenarios:

1) There was legitimate abuse on the set of the reshoots and he's trying to draw attention to it/hold those responsible accountable;

OR

2) He's attempting to force WB's hand in agreeing to a larger Cyborg role in either a solo film or in another DCEU film.

So when you look at it like that, it may be worth it to Fisher to do what he's doing.
    Last edited by kingaliencracker; 09-18-2020 at 09:56 AM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Not really because even if they do decide to make Cyborg a larger player going forward do you really think WB is not going to recast him with a another actor? If Marvel can recast guys like Norton and Howard who are much bigger names than Fisher for being difficult what chance do you think Fisher has at keeping the role of Cyborg after pissing of the WB heads? Fisher is gone man.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    Not really because even if they do decide to make Cyborg a larger player going forward do you really think WB is not going to recast him with a another actor? If Marvel can recast guys like Norton and Howard who are much bigger names than Fisher for being difficult what chance do you think Fisher has at keeping the role of Cyborg after pissing of the WB heads? Fisher is gone man.
    I think if Fisher makes these allegations, and WB recasts the role, then all that's going to accomplish is give credence to his accusations. So WB has to tread lightly here.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    I think if Fisher makes these allegations, and WB recasts the role, then all that's going to accomplish is give credence to his accusations. So WB has to tread lightly here.
    Honestly, WB should just retire Cyborg for the next 5 years or so. If fans want to see a live action Cyborg they can go to Doom Patrol and have a great version, if WB feels like they need more diversity on the big screens, they should go with John Stewart, Mr. Terrific or Bronze Tiger, Cyborg was never the best option for the JL and now he is slightly tainted by all this mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The final design for Cyborg seems to have remained intact from Snyder's take.
    And it's also still in the Snyder cut version. I doubt Cyborg having a crappy design was a Johns edict. That decision would've been made way before control was taken away from Snyder after BVS underperformed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    Well, Joivan Wade don't have any problems saying Booyah. Actually during the Doom Patrol Fandome panel, he started the whole thing with it.
    "Booyah!" sticks in Fisher's craw, and he's intimated as much, but why, I don't know. It was made famous for Cyborg by other Black men. It seems as though Fisher was made to say the word against his will. He's overthinking the character.

I don't think it's anything as complicated as that. He signed on for Snyder's gritty and serious vision of the DCU, and having Cyborg crack jokes and use a catchphrase was something that almost certainly wasn't part of that.
    Last edited by Holt; 09-18-2020 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kingaliencracker View Post
    I don't see how recasting him lends credence to his accusations. I see it as the opposite - If someone were making false or baseless accusations, you'd fire them. If you believed them, then you wouldn't fire them, you'd support them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Rider View Post
    Except we should some idea now, he's been at this for a while and this began with charging Whedon with on set abuse. Social media can pressure WB to do things, except if it's unclear the affect will be less effective. Trade negotiations don't do go down like this.Being quiet is not the same thing a shutting up, telling your opponent every step of what you're doing on social media leading to law suit may in fact help them - that's why it's a good strategy to speak up as soon as the law suit is made, because WB won't see it coming. Chaos hurts Fisher here. You're overthinking this, going after abuse with a company has certain procedures, formally and informally and Fisher's using parts of various strategies not a single one.
    Last edited by Steel Inquisitor; 09-18-2020 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I don't see how recasting him lends credence to his accusations. I see it as the opposite - If someone were making false or baseless accusations, you'd fire them. If you believed them, then you wouldn't fire them, you'd support them.
    Ray Fisher has made accusations of abuse. He has also accused WB of looking the other way, and also not conducting a fair & impartial investigation. You can already tell on this thread that there's a base of fans who believe his accusations. If WB were to suddenly fire Fisher and recast his role, undoubtedly he will go on the offensive and those who already believe him will dig deeper in that support.

So I definitely believe WB has to tread lightly if they're going to fire Fisher, especially since we don't even know what his accusations are.