Page 124 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128 ... LastLast
Results 1,846 to 1,860 of 1949
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Gal Gadot has claimed Whedon did threaten her career.

https://film.avclub.com/gal-gadot-sa...ile-1846860882
    Ray wants to know if Johns and/or Hamada threatened her career or he's not interested.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

We know this already.

Extraordinary Member Lightning Rider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    We know this already.
    Yeah but it's nice to see her actually saying it.

Welp, Whedon is doner than done.

BANNED

In other news, full time grifter/former film actor Ray Fisher, starved for work and increasingly desperate for a payday of any kind, has found a new person to attack on twitter while failing to provide any details whatsoever. What a great role model.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRuggo View Post
    In other news, full time grifter/former film actor Ray Fisher, starved for work and increasingly desperate for a payday of any kind, has found a new person to attack on twitter while failing to provide any details whatsoever. What a great role model.
    few people make me indifferent as Fisher. In my eyes he lost any credibility. He keeps using the racist card to get some sympathy.

Ultimate Member

And the sheep are supporting him...

I think we’ve officially exhausted the point of this thread. Unless we’re going to be making this the official “what has Fisher tweeted today” thread I think we can lock it and move on. If some new development erupts we can make a new thread but until that happens, this chapter is done I think.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

The Ray Fisher/WB feud is ongoing, and people remain interested. CBR continues to publish updates. The idea of having multiple threads to talk about each and every new development is way more absurd than utilizing a single meta-thread.

If you aren't personally interested, no one is making you click on it. If people want the topic to die down, then they'll stop replying. When the topic has run its course totally, it'll die on its own.
    Last edited by BlueRuggo; 05-30-2021 at 01:07 AM.

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

The Ray Fisher/WB feud is ongoing, and people remain interested. CBR continues to publish updates. The idea of having multiple threads to talk about each and every new development is way more absurd than utilizing a single meta-thread.

If you aren't personally interested, no one is making you click on it. If people want the topic to die down, then they'll stop replying. When the topic has run its course totally, it'll die on its own.
    While I agree it makes more sense to keep this thread open instead of having multiple ones, I question how many people are really interested in the specifics of Fisher's charges at this juncture.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    While I agree it makes more sense to keep this thread open instead of having multiple ones, I question how many people are really interested in the specifics of Fisher's charges at this juncture.
    depends on this forum or outside, the later is just the cult followers. Normal people give a hoot and few are still giving him any credibility.

Incredible Member

I'm indifferent to Warner Bros and DC now but I still do wish them luck. But I just can't ignore how they treated Cyborg in comics and in film as well as what Ray Fisher has gone through. The investigation had found that Fisher was correct and they took 'remedial' action but Warner Bros did not say exactly what actions were taken. They have cancelled Cyborg and seemingly still blame him for the JL bombing despite his scenes being cut. If he appears Cyborg would only be a supporting character going forward. I read that Warner Bros thinks that there are no more stories for Cyborg to tell but he hasn't told his first story yet plus there is a wealth of material out there on cybernetics, the matrix, robots, transhumanism etc.. Warner Bros cancelled a Black Superhero and tried to cancelled the actor that portrayed him but there is not much fans can do if they are not also joined by other organizations and Civil rights leaders like the NAACP to even the odds against a huge corporation like Warner Bros. If Fisher wasn't a Bernie Bro i wonder how far he would have gotten or if he even dared to speak up in the first place.

Before the new 52 debuted Geoff Johns had stated in an interview that Cyborg was a modern day hero for our age because he is connected to technology 24/7 much like people that use smart phones. But on the set of the Justice League Ray Fisher said that Geoff Johns wanted him to play Cyborg like Quasimodo from the Hunchback of Notre Dame. That's kind of a contradiction. DC Entertainment has not offered regrets to Ray Fisher for what happen on the JL set or address it in any other way. Geoff Johns continues to work for DC Comics and he has not stated any thing about Fisher's accusations. I really do want to hear his side of the story. I also would like to know if Cyborg's comic was cancelled in the middle of a storyline with issue # 23 because the JL movie bombed?

Quote Originally Posted by abetterday View Post
    I'm indifferent to Warner Bros and DC now but I still do wish them luck. But I just can't ignore how they treated Cyborg in comics and in film as well as what Ray Fisher has gone through. The investigation had found that Fisher was correct and they took 'remedial' action but Warner Bros did not say exactly what actions were taken. They have cancelled Cyborg and seemingly still blame him for the JL bombing despite his scenes being cut. If he appears Cyborg would only be a supporting character going forward. I read that Warner Bros thinks that there are no more stories for Cyborg to tell but he hasn't told his first story yet plus there is a wealth of material out there on cybernetics, the matrix, robots, transhumanism etc.. Warner Bros cancelled a Black Superhero and tried to cancelled the actor that portrayed him but there is not much fans can do if they are not also joined by other organizations and Civil rights leaders like the NAACP to even the odds against a huge corporation like Warner Bros. If Fisher wasn't a Bernie Bro i wonder how far he would have gotten or if he even dared to speak up in the first place.

Before the new 52 debuted Geoff Johns had stated in an interview that Cyborg was a modern day hero for our age because he is connected to technology 24/7 much like people that use smart phones. But on the set of the Justice League Ray Fisher said that Geoff Johns wanted him to play Cyborg like Quasimodo from the Hunchback of Notre Dame. That's kind of a contradiction. DC Entertainment has not offered regrets to Ray Fisher for what happen on the JL set or address it in any other way. Geoff Johns continues to work for DC Comics and he has not stated any thing about Fisher's accusations. I really do want to hear his side of the story. I also would like to know if Cyborg's comic was cancelled in the middle of a storyline with issue # 23 because the JL movie bombed?
    Cyborg was cancelled for low sales in comics not because of the movie bombed. It was a miracle that he arrived at issue 20 with those sales.
    It was cancelled for that reason Nothing special that doesn't happen to other characters. Why should he be treated differently?

12/2016: Cyborg #6 -- 21,287 (- 17.4%)
    12/2016: Cyborg #7 -- 19,788 (- 7.0%)
    01/2017: Cyborg #8 -- 18,562 (- 6.2%)
    02/2017: Cyborg #9 -- 16,274 (- 12.3%)
    03/2017: Cyborg #10 -- 14,977 (- 8.0%)
    04/2017: Cyborg #11 -- 13,677 (- 8.7%)
    05/2017: Cyborg #12 -- 12,929 (- 5.5%)
    06/2017: Cyborg #13 -- 12,076 (- 6.6%)
    07/2017: Cyborg #14 -- 11,536 (- 4.5%)
    08/2017: Cyborg #15 -- 10,949 (- 5.1%)
    09/2017: Cyborg #16 -- 10,385 (- 5.2%)
    10/2017: Cyborg #17 -- 9,945 (- 4.2%)
    11/2017: Cyborg #18 -- 10,176 (+ 2.3%)
    12/2017: Cyborg #19 -- 8,970 (- 11.9%)
    01/2018: Cyborg #20 -- 8,699 (- 3.0%)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goldrake View Post
    Cyborg was cancelled for low sales in comics not because of the movie bombed. It was a miracle that he arrived at issue 20 with those sales.
    It was cancelled for that reason Nothing special that doesn't happen to other characters. Why should he be treated differently?

12/2016: Cyborg #6 -- 21,287 (- 17.4%)
    12/2016: Cyborg #7 -- 19,788 (- 7.0%)
    01/2017: Cyborg #8 -- 18,562 (- 6.2%)
    02/2017: Cyborg #9 -- 16,274 (- 12.3%)
    03/2017: Cyborg #10 -- 14,977 (- 8.0%)
    04/2017: Cyborg #11 -- 13,677 (- 8.7%)
    05/2017: Cyborg #12 -- 12,929 (- 5.5%)
    06/2017: Cyborg #13 -- 12,076 (- 6.6%)
    07/2017: Cyborg #14 -- 11,536 (- 4.5%)
    08/2017: Cyborg #15 -- 10,949 (- 5.1%)
    09/2017: Cyborg #16 -- 10,385 (- 5.2%)
    10/2017: Cyborg #17 -- 9,945 (- 4.2%)
    11/2017: Cyborg #18 -- 10,176 (+ 2.3%)
    12/2017: Cyborg #19 -- 8,970 (- 11.9%)
    01/2018: Cyborg #20 -- 8,699 (- 3.0%)
    In general I think most solo comic titles are not doing that well at all. If you look at the top graphic novels for April batman has 12 books in the top 20 but there are no other solo titles from DC or Marvel. Also in amazon.com top Graphic Novels for May 7 2021 same thing, mostly Batman. I don't believe I saw one solo title from DC or Marvel other than Batman. So sales are not that good across the board.

Cyborg has proven to be a good initial seller. His first solo ongoing written by David Walker had orders above 50,000 for the first issue. Cyborg Rebirth one shot had orders over 60,000. Cyborg Rebirth ongoing series for issue # 1 had orders for above 50,000. And the DCeased series sold like gangbusters. So initially his series sold well but like every other title sales wan as time goes on. I believe that Cyborg was a victim of the comicsgate movement that targeted all Black Superheroes at the time. That along with online fans complains about him replacing Martian Manhunter and not having any connections with the New Teen titans probably hurt sales. But poor sales did not stop DC from publishing the recent Dial H for Heroes and the Wonder Twins comic. Initially it was only going to be a 6 issue limited series for both titles but they expanded it to another 6 issues making it a 12 issue maxi-series despite having very poor sales. sales for the Wonder Twins and Dial H for Heroes # 6 was down to about only 12-10 K copies ordered before DC decided to renew it for another 6 issues. So sales are not the end all when it comes to why a series moves forward or not. But it is a major factor and I do understand why the sales for Cyborg was bad when it return for a second run with Marv Wolfman because the solicitation copy was terrible and if you read Cyborg # 21 you can see that the story changed. But DC cancelled Cyborg with issue # 23 in the middle of a storyline and did not continue it in a trade paperback. To my knowledge this has not happen before in the history of comics.
    Last edited by abetterday; 05-30-2021 at 01:08 PM.

Astonishing Member

Cyborg has proven to be a good initial seller. His first solo ongoing written by David Walker had orders above 50,000 for the first issue. Cyborg Rebirth one shot had orders over 60,000. Cyborg Rebirth ongoing series for issue # 1 had orders for above 50,000. And the DCeased series sold like gangbusters.
    First issues always have good sells.
    And DCeased is absolutely different case, it's a zombie-apocalypse blockbaster in DC world, written by one of their most popular writers.